• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prometheus - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's only one engineer left when Prom. lands on their planet it seems.

You may be right.
The others seem to be only in the holographic recording, and have long since gone....elsewhere.

If that's the case, I wonder if the sole survivor winds up being the Jock--er, Engineer we saw with the bad case of heartburn on LV-426 in Alien.

New trailer was amazing, just hope it didnt spoil too much, dont want to look at the official cast list as spoiled myself too much already.

Is this film still suppose to be a lose prequel to Alien&maybe get sequels or does anybody know IF this ends with the Jock&Xeno eggs on the crashed ship??

Seems the Xenomorphs will look&be different in this and so I worry the film way be too loose and not be directly connected to the Alien films&it's universe except a few hints with the Space Jock!

Is this film still suppose to be a lose prequel to Alien&maybe get sequels or does anybody know IF this ends with the Jock&Xeno eggs on the crashed ship??

The consensus is that it takes place in the same universe, shares a lot of the same elements and "Alien DNA", and does take place before A L I E N, but it's not necessarily a direct prequel to that film.

Prior viewing of that film is not required to appreciate this film, as it is pretty much stand-alone. Although, watching said film will probably make you appreciate this film a bit more.

The official line Is this Is original film but they clearly want want fans of Aliens films to consider this part of Alien series although they keep saying this Isn't prequel.They are kinda of doing a game between calling this Original film and using the strands of Alien DNA talk.

I for one am waiting after It IS released and hear talk of how connected to Alien It really Is.Being part of ALien series can make me see It In Theatres.As original film I will wait for the DVD.

I'm considering it a prequel. It has enough connections to Alien for me to do so and enjoy the film that much more for it.

I feel really bad now. I've been avoiding this thread for the last few weeks, because I'm afraid too many spoilers will come out and I want to be surprised while watching this amazing looking movie. I just saw the International Trailer for the movie and I now regret it. Showed half the twists. It felt that way.

I feel really bad now. I've been avoiding this thread for the last few weeks, because I'm afraid too many spoilers will come out and I want to be surprised while watching this amazing looking movie. I just saw the International Trailer for the movie and I now regret it. Showed half the twists. It felt that way.

It certainly showed a lot of stuff, but I for one still have absolutely no damned idea whats going on with this movie. Of course, spoilers never bugged me.

There has also been rumbling that Ridley Scott considers this only connected to original Alien and not any of the sequels.He has already proved he Is Ignoring the Alien Vs Predator films but noone cares about that.The main coonections to Alien are the enginers,the company,what happens In last 10 to 12 Minutes and now we know pieces of
Alien theme will be used.

Ridley Scott just might be the most talented visualist alive. Shames the rest.

No way of connecting to the sequels anyway,Aliens take place a while after Alien/Alien3 is years after Aliens and Resurrection is hundreds of years after 3!!

The focus on the sequels are all on Ripley&The Xenomorphs,Only thing Scott could do to connect to the sequels is Weland Industries and it's fine enough in the sequels and AVP films even IF there getting forgotten about!!

There Is possibilty Prometheus conterdicts the Idea of queen In later Ailen films If the last 10 or 12 minutes show the birth of Xenomorphs or If nothing else face huggers at
least.

Some fans might want to forget about Alien 3 and resurrection and AVP anyway.

If there are any sequels to Prometheus Weyland Industries may only be thing that continues to connect to Alien.The enginers may only be Important to this film.

Last edited:
There was suppose to be a sequel to AVP:Requiem by the same directors that would connect the AvP movies to the Alien movies and explore more into Weyland Industries(as shown in Requiem),Personally I kinda liked AvP(Unrated..cause of more gore)and AvP2 and feel they are underrated and so I would have loved to have seen that movie on film or novels or even by a game!!

I hope one day AvP movies ain't forgotten and they get connected to the canon,IF they make a sequel to Prometheus and Ridley ain't involved then I hope it becomes a Weyland spin-off film,Have the wife(shown in Requiem)be a big character and after she goes through collected data/technology&whatever else by the Aliens&Predators left behind in the AvP films she discovers a beacon some warp thing that can help a ship travel beyond thought possible..So she makes an expedition with some special crew to go after the beacon's source and retrieve more data!!!

They find out that for some reason an alien race not Xenomorph&Predator have been going to different planets and planting Xenomorph eggs,The wife mentions that her husband would be so proud&would have loved to seen all this and she feels he deserves to live on and that she will find a way to clone him or something!!

I like Alien Vs Predator(By the even James Cameron after actully seeing the first one admitted to liking It and called It his third favorate film In Franchise) never saw second since It got mostly negative reaction

It would be Intresting to see If Prometheus or sequel make It clear the Company knew all along what they were sending the crew In Alien Into and what they knew about
the Xenomorph to want to get it In first place.

If Prometheus gets r rating I am curious If there will be any sexuality between the crew of Prometheus.On ALien Commantary DIley Scott mentioned If he did Alien today he would have had sexual relations between crew while they were out In deep Space.

The AVP films weren't that bad.

However, if Hollywood ever considered doing a reboot (which they will in the near future) I only want Ridley Scott helming the project. I'll accept Neill Blomkamp or Duncan Jones as well due to past Sci-Fi work.

The AVP franchise was such a letdown and disappointment but it had its moments.

While we're at it, the Predator franchise needs a better director. Robert Rodriguez's Predators was a B- film, at best.

Tomas Alfredson directing an Alien reboot would pretty much rock my world.

The AVP films weren't that bad.

However, if Hollywood ever considered doing a reboot (which they will in the near future) I only want Ridley Scott helming the project. I'll accept Neill Blomkamp or Duncan Jones as well due to past Sci-Fi work.

The AVP franchise was such a letdown and disappointment but it had its moments.

While we're at it, the Predator franchise needs a better director. Robert Rodriguez's Predators was a B- film, at best.

I think Predators would have turned out better had Rodriguez actually directed it. He let Nimrod something or other direct it. Personally though, I liked Predators

I think Predators would have turned out better had Rodriguez actually directed it. He let Nimrod something or other direct it. Personally though, I liked Predators

It wasn't a mediocre film but it left alot to be desired. I suppose it came from Nimrod directing the movie but I don't think Rodriguez is the proper director to helm the franchise. The guy is more interested in making more Spy-Kids sequels than anything else.

I also didn't appreciate the 'Super Predators'. The Yautja is a BAMF already.

From all the viral stuff the Alien movies are in continuity. Ridley Scott has seen all the Alien movies but I'm unsure if his seen the AVP movies.

Either way it seems like the AVP movies are not in continuity with the Alien franchise anymore. You could view the AVP movies as an alternate universe timeline I guess.

AVP was alright although not really breaking any new ground with either the Alien or Predator franchise. AVP2 was a boring monster mash where the humans were just unintresting cannon fodder for me.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the day, AvP doesn't get treated like a cheap cash-in. I really want to see a capable director handle it. Predator and Alien were all about people and tension, so why drop those two aspects in an AvP movie?

Are you kidding? I thought those AvP movies were downright awful and a slap in the face to the first two alien/predator films. Hell even the second Pred. film which the critics panned was wayyy far and away better than anything AvP has brought to the table. The only thing the first film had going for it was the gorgeous S. Lathan and Lance Henriksen... other than that it was only aimed at the crowd that also wants to see RoboCop/Terminator go at it.

lfrWH.jpg

73Chz.jpg

A few more http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/750

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members