Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Inclined to agree with Kryp on this, all my instincts both in film & how I see life should mean I don't like his films nor him as a individual, (the 13 year old trapped in a man's body aspect, is absolutely a 'thing') but each time, he puts out quality. That isn't too say he's a favourite director of mine, he's not in my top 10 whatsoever, but the structure, composition and understanding of what film is meant to provide us as an audience is always present in his films.

Exclusive: ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Is “Spooky” and "Playful", Says DP Robert Richardson

“It’s beautiful. To work with Leo together with Brad… It’s Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, sort of the contemporary versions. These are two massive stars, and they’re so talented. Margot [Robbie] is also phenomenal and wonderful to be around. There are a number of people that you will see within the film that haven’t had as much exposure that are remarkable. We’ve got Dakota Fanning in the movie and she—phew, is she a powerhouse. It’s a great cast.”

“I think the tone of it is—it’s difficult to describe because it’s very fresh, but it oscillates between humorous, serious, spooky; it’s playful. It’s not easily describable, but it’s very Quentin. Very, very, very Quentin. Of course Al Pacino was in it and you’ve got remarkable monologues, but you also have remarkable small set pieces. It’s going to be a tremendously unique film.”

“We’re doing anamorphic 35, but we didn’t trespass into the 70mm realm for financial reasons, principally. The budget is—there are a hundred sets or something so they needed to cut back somewhere, and the added cost of 70mm is quite remarkable and it also has tremendous limitations like no zooms, and Quentin wanted zooms in the film so it required us to go to 35 anamorphic.”

DrmIQ9JXQAIPk5a.jpg

Morricone also went after Kubrick back in the day, so eh. Legendary composer and all, he doesn't seem like a pleasant fellow. If he feels sour about it, he should then return that oscar that he won for a Tarantino film himself. No matter how much some may hate him, he is still a great director.

Tarantino himself doesn't hold back with his opinions of others in the industry and their work, nice to see him on the other end of it. I like Quentin's movies, I own most of them and rewatch them often. But I do think there is some truth in what has been said about him taking from other movies.

Morricone also went after Kubrick back in the day, so eh. Legendary composer and all, he doesn't seem like a pleasant fellow. If he feels sour about it, he should then return that oscar that he won for a Tarantino film himself. No matter how much some may hate him, he is still a great director.

What did Morricone say about Kubrick? I couldnt find anything between the two other than he regretted not being able to do A Clockwork Orange because of his work on another movie.

Ennio Morricone Denies Giving Disparaging Interview About Quentin Tarantino

Below is Morricone's full note on the interview with Playboy Germany that he denies:

It has come to my attention that Playboy Germany has come out with an article in which I have stated extremely negative comments about Tarantino and his films, and the Academy. I have never expressed any negative statements about the Academy, Quentin, or his films — and certainly do not consider his films garbage. I have given a mandate to my lawyer in Italy to take civil and penal action.

I consider Tarantino a great director. I am very fond of my collaboration with him and the relationship we have developed during the time we have spent together. He is courageous and has an enormous personality. I credit our collaboration responsible for getting me an Oscar, which is for sure one of the greatest acknowledgments of my career, and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to compose music for his film.

In London, during a press conference in front of Tarantino, I clearly stated that I consider Quentin one of the greatest directors of this time.

Whether he said it or didn't say it, Morricone is 90 years old and probably either doesn't have a filter or just plain doesn't give a **** anymore. But considering how quickly he gave a statement denying that, maybe he didn't say it.

So either Playboy Germany decided to make up a fake interview or Moricone’s agents and managers told him to do damage control. At 90, if he really didn’t care I don’t see why he’d put out a statement:

Translations and all that. Moricone isn't a native English speaker, giving an interview to a German journalist ( maybe ) for a German magazine and then interpreted in English by Internet news papers and you have this kind of articles : so and so trashed so and so ....
Anyways, every fart by a celebrity is a news so ....

giphy.webp

German Playboy Stands by Ennio Morricone Story Trashing Quentin Tarantino

Herbert Burda Media, the publishing group that owns Playboy in Germany, issued a statement defending the interview. "We are surprised that composer Ennio Morricone denies giving an interview to German Playboy,” the company said. “In fact, the conversation took place on June 30, 2018, at his estate in Rome. The interview, about the concert organizer Semmel Concerts, which was also present at the interview, had been agreed to with German Playboy. We also cannot understand that parts of the published statements were apparently not found to have been accurate.”

It's translated by a German. :oldrazz: He probably called him a sweet human being and the end result comes out screaming about he sucks and hasn't had an original thought in his life and he ought to be crushed.

FirsthandWiltedJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Playboy Germany Admits It Misquoted Ennio Morricone in Interview

Playboy initially defended the interview but on Tuesday, the magazine's editor-in-chief Florian Boitin acknowledged some of the quotes attributed to Morricone were false.

“Up to now, we have considered the freelancer who conducted the Ennio Morricone interview on our behalf to be a renowned print and radio journalist,” Boitin said in a statement. “In the past, we have had no reason to doubt his journalistic integrity and skills. Based on the information now at our disposal, we must unfortunately assume that the words spoken in the interview have, in part, been reproduced incorrectly. We would like to express our regret should Mr. Morricone have been portrayed in a false light. We are working to clarify this matter and are exploring legal measures.“

I can't wait for this, such a strong cast! And I just love Tarantino's work! I wonder with what exactly will he surprise us, aside from close ups of Margot Robbie's legs lol!

Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Holds a Possible Clue for a Secret TV Western
Not much is known about Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood other than that the film is set in Charles Manson-era L.A. and stars Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino and Luke Perry. But there may be a clue in the fact that Perry's character is called Scott Lancer.

As virtually nobody remembers, that was the name of the rancher hero (played by the late Wayne Maunder) of the CBS Western Lancer, which aired from 1968 to 1970. THR has learned that Tarantino negotiated a deal with the widow of the show's creator, Samuel A. Peeples, for the rights to the series and is contemplating bringing Lancer back as a limited-run TV series or movie. But how Perry ended up with the name in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood — due out this summer — remains a mystery.

The original Lancer centered on a rancher who calls his sons Johnny and Scott Lancer (from two different mothers) home to help save the property. Maunder starred opposite James Stacy.

Read some rumor that they might change release dates again. The studio does not want to compete with Lion King, and that will release a week before or after, can't remember which.

The Lion King is out the week before but OUATIH is skewing for a different demographic so it could be fine.

After all, The Hateful Eight came out a week after The Force Awakens and that managed to do okay. This will do even better since it has more star power in Leo, Brad and Margot.

Last edited:
I'm most looking forward to seeing Damian Lewis as Steve McQueen, if only because it's an inspired bit of casting I wouldn't have thought of.

Some Steve McQueen details from that night:

Earlier that eve in Hollywood, Steve was driving around looking for a hooker. He went to use a payphone, and got robbed. He got back in his car where he had a pistol, drove around looking for the guy, FOUND HIM, and robbed his wallet back. Then he got drunk and high with a hooker and passed out, never made it to the party.

A month or two before, Manson ran into Steve outside his Solar offices in San Francisco. Charlie had a script he thought Solar should produce, and was campaigning to have it made. When he got in McQueen's face about not producing the script or responding to him, Steve punched Manson in the face and almost broke his nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"