Comics Question about Emma Frost and the Phoenix

If you properly read X-Men the End you'd know that is not possible. Everything up to ReLoad was the same. The divergence clearly occurs a little after Reload. I'm thinking it's HOM, in their world HOM didn't happen and so, the ReLoad teams continued and well that's where they'd be 15 years from then. IF the birth of Gambit was different, then a lot of other things should be different. Until that is cleared in 616, we have to accept it.

sebita said:
IF the birth of Gambit was different, then a lot of other things should be different.

Says who?

In theory, the birth of Gambit could be why that reality doesn't have HOM occur, even though everything else happens the same.

So until it is written otherwise, I say we don't have to accept it.

we dont have to accept it I guess, but we cant just dismiss it. And thats only because we dont know the actual diverging point for X-men: The End.

For HCT for example, we DO know the point at which the two realities diverge. Its when Scott decides his answer to Emma's question.

FieryBalrog said:
we dont have to accept it I guess, but we cant just dismiss it. And thats only because we dont know the actual diverging point for X-men: The End.

For HCT for example, we DO know the point at which the two realities diverge. Its when Scott decides his answer to Emma's question.

That to me is the difference. Though some think it's a grande old thing that most of Morrison's run has been wiped away (except for that Xorneto thing, I don't agree) it is still clear how this all fits into the mythos and has been referenced since.

X-Men: The End I think is going to fall under the heading of "victim of editorial direction" since it was much closer to 616 before House of M. And, as other things that suffered the same fate, I think it is very likely that in a year or more, The End will officially just be a little known alternate reality (not alternate future).

BUT, that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I don't know, and 18 issue mini series is kind of hard to stay a "Little Known Alternate Reality". :p

We think little known, let's talk about What if Realities, like What if the new mutants stayed in Asgard. There's little known for you.

It's the last What if I bought, I ordered it like a couple of months ago, isue 12... it was a damn good read, Ororo ended as Odin :D

Cryostar1177 said:
I don't know, and 18 issue mini series is kind of hard to stay a "Little Known Alternate Reality". :p

We think little known, let's talk about What if Realities, like What if the new mutants stayed in Asgard. There's little known for you.

Prophet (Image title by Liefeld in the 90s) ran around the same amount.

Just b/c 18 issues get put out doesn't mean it will be greatly referenced in the future is my point.

I agree, that was a good what if....I liked Dani as the new goddess of death.

As for Prophet...I think there was a concerted effort within the comic industry to forget all things Liefield and his silly excuse for art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"