Question for all DC fanboys....

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up JLA when it relaunches this summer.I'm also considering Flash and Wonder Woman.Now,coming from someone who doesn't read DC,except for Justice, and doesn't have the slightest clue what IC is even about,will I understand what's going on?Or will these relaunches require knowledge of the aftermath of IC?

At this point, nobody knows what the new Flash, Wonder Woman, or Justice League comics will be about or what they'll reference. They're all launching over the course of the summer, too far in the future for many details to have trickled down to us right now, given that the news has been occupied by OYL and 52 and all that lately. Keep an eye open around here in the next couple of months and you'll probably learn all you need to know about the relaunches along with the rest of us.

I think you'll be able to jump on pretty easily.

Since all the series you mentioned are relaunches, I'm sure one of the primary goals of the editor is to make them as accessible as they can. Part of the idea in relaunching a series is because people are more likely to buy a new #1, but also to help keep those new readers around for the long haul. If any of those books are non-accessible to new readers, it'll be a shame on DC's part.

In the meantime, you could, you know... find out what IC was all about :confused:

All series are coming from a status-quo set in IC, however I'm sure you'll be able to read them without much trouble.

Lackey said:
In the meantime, you could, you know... find out what IC was all about :confused:

That's the thing though,I'm not interested in IC.When the guy at my LCS tried explaining to me what was all about,it was just way too far out,confusing,and unappealing for me,no offence to DC fans.

Non taken, but while you wait for these others to come out, why don't you take a look at some of the important stuff? I mean, have you read Identity Crisis?

GNR4Life said:
That's the thing though,I'm not interested in IC.When the guy at my LCS tried explaining to me what was all about,it was just way too far out,confusing,and unappealing for me,no offence to DC fans.

I think every comic plot would sound pretty far out and confusing if someone tried to explain it to someone, but IC has been in the making for 2 years so it might be the right description here for someone who hasn't followed it at all.

I was lucky and had just started reading comics when the first clues where laid out and I've been hooked since.

I would recommend trying Identity Crisis to see if you're interested. It's pretty standalone, but if you want to follow the events that came out of it and lead to Infinite Crisis you can do that too.

That's the thing though,I'm just interested in starting off fresh without going back and buying trades or issues due to expenses and all.

Well, all I can say is stick with the OYL books. Possibly even buying 52 when that starts. Everything you need to know will be explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"