Race in movies.

HMARRS,
do you think terence howard make a good IRON MAN in the sec. movie??? or 3rd movie
Yep as a matter of fact that's how it happened in the comic.
Many people just know Rhodes as War Machine when in actuality way back in the day Iron man(Tony Stark) became an Alcholic and Rhodes took over as Iron man.Than when Stark got better he bacame Iron man again and Rhodes became War Machine.
Although I would hate to see it go down that way in the movie.Since Robert Downy Jr.did such a good job as Tony Stark and he himself is a recovering addict.I would hate to see him play an Alcholic.I think it would be awesome that the two of them had a conflict of interest and went at it Iron Man vs.War Machine.There is a part in the movie that suggest that.War machine is Green and Silver,in the movie he looks at Stark prototype Armor which is Silver and says "Naw next time".In the movie it is also evident that he doesn't always see eye to eye with Tony and doesn't necessarly agee with him on everything.Or his way of doing things,kind of like Superman and Batman.It would interesting to see how it's played out.
But to answer your question I think Terrance Howard would be awesome as Iron Man.Heck it doesn't seem like he can do a bad movie.I just wouldn't want them to go the Alcholic route.

I think you have to look at all the other pices of the puzzle . If the movie doesn't work then you find the right person for the role . Duncan played kingpin and it worked . The movie's faults didnt involve duncan either.

maybe thats why marvel took Iron man off the air but in the 60's I guess the public did not want to see a black man playing as a leading superhero role. and if we do get to see rhodes as war machine it'll happen in the 3rd sequel. since you seen the movie and knows whats happening more than I do. so I'll take it the directors like what downy did. Im sure robert downy was a great pick for starks, Im sure he could relate very well of starks. being a drug user himself at one time robert downy jr. so I know downy gave a superb proformance.and I dont think it would be cool to see war machine vs Iron man just yet
what would be cool is to see "the manderane" fight against Iron man / war machine vs Iron man should be sequel # 3 by that time Iron man is establish in people mind.
----------------------------------------------------------
look beyond whats in front of you God is the way

.War machine is Green and Silver,in the movie he looks at Stark prototype Armor which is Silver and says "Naw next time"

:huh: War Machine isn't green...

Honestly, a black actor could have played Tony Stark, as he is an example of a character that doesn't HAVE to be white. There are millionaire hispanic, white, black and asian guys all over that have the same mindset as he does. Now, if his personal ethnic heritage played a large part in why he was a hero, then yeah, it would matter. I hear things like, "why can't Luke Cage be white?" and the answer is, the character grew up in an urban ghetto, one of his character traits is making sure his old neighborhood is safe. A white guy could do that, but considering the differences that take place in poor white neighborhoods and poor black ones, it wouldn't fly.

maybe thats why marvel took Iron man off the air but in the 60's I guess the public did not want to see a black man playing as a leading superhero role. and if we do get to see rhodes as war machine it'll happen in the 3rd sequel. since you seen the movie and knows whats happening more than I do. so I'll take it the directors like what downy did. Im sure robert downy was a great pick for starks, Im sure he could relate very well of starks. being a drug user himself at one time robert downy jr. so I know downy gave a superb proformance.and I dont think it would be cool to see war machine vs Iron man just yet
what would be cool is to see "the manderane" fight against Iron man / war machine vs Iron man should be sequel # 3 by that time Iron man is establish in people mind.
----------------------------------------------------------
look beyond whats in front of you God is the way
I don't understand.what do you mean they took Iron man off the air in the sixties?

:huh: War Machine isn't green...
Well No.It's a scene where Rhodes looks at a prototype armor that is Silver but the Iron Man armor was a Gold prototype and then he says add some Sports car red in there.So It seems like it will be have green added like they did the Gold one.

I don't understand.what do you mean they took Iron man off the air in the sixties?

I was saying I "think" they took it off. if rhodes was going to be the next step playing Iron man if they continue following the comic books
and the american people would have been a up roar over it.????

I don't get it.What got took what off?

Iron man was on tv in the 60's do you mean the cartoon?

Honestly, a black actor could have played Tony Stark, as he is an example of a character that doesn't HAVE to be white. There are millionaire hispanic, white, black and asian guys all over that have the same mindset as he does. Now, if his personal ethnic heritage played a large part in why he was a hero, then yeah, it would matter. I hear things like, "why can't Luke Cage be white?" and the answer is, the character grew up in an urban ghetto, one of his character traits is making sure his old neighborhood is safe. A white guy could do that, but considering the differences that take place in poor white neighborhoods and poor black ones, it wouldn't fly.
Wait a minute what does that mean?
The differances in poor white neighborhoods and black ones?The last time I checked poor is poor.Are you saying a White guy wouldn't protect his neighborhood or that he wouldn't have to????
Help me out here.

Poor white guys are usually you know, crack addicted trailer trash who are too busy beating their wives and girlfriends to form gangs that have any semblence of a "protect our hood" mentallity. You don't see nearly as many white street gangs, and when you do, they're usually formed with an agenda such as "let's kill some n-words" or "lets ride our motorcycles and kill some n-words." Not "we have to band together and survive anyway we can" like black gangs usually are.

Also, wtf are you talking about with the green War Machine thing? In the movie, it was the Mark II suit, which was all silver, and in the comics War Machine is black and silver. There's never been any green on any War Machine suit.

Poor white guys are usually you know, crack addicted trailer trash who are too busy beating their wives and girlfriends to form gangs that have any semblence of a "protect our hood" mentallity. You don't see nearly as many white street gangs, and when you do, they're usually formed with an agenda such as "let's kill some n-words" or "lets ride our motorcycles and kill some n-words." Not "we have to band together and survive anyway we can" like black gangs usually are.

Also, wtf are you talking about with the green War Machine thing? In the movie, it was the Mark II suit, which was all silver, and in the comics War Machine is black and silver. There's never been any green on any War Machine suit.
If he's black and silver that's fine,but do me a favor please don't adress me that way.

Actually dark Grey.
It may have been their way of coloring it Black.
According to that Joker.

HAMARRS
no you see why I dont express so much on here nutjobs like this
but I keep coming back. but you know me very good
------------------------------------------------------
God is good all the time

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

It really does depend on a peticular character, and the popularity that character induces. People are going to look for what they imagine the perfect person to be, and image is often the first thing you look for, then comes the acting. Race shouldn't matter in role that could go either way, and if the actor is good enough to pull it off to make you forget you're watching a guy act in something fake, why not? But it would be irritating for a character to be played by something you grew up thinking how this character should look, and by building it up in you're head you create more tension to distract you from the illusion.

ok. HMARRS whats been going on?? with this iron man suit dark grey??

ok. HMARRS whats been going on?? with this iron man suit dark grey??
Hey what's up bud!!!!.
Okay Grey suit:
In the Iron man movie their was a part where Rhodes looks at an all silver version of the Iron man suit.A prototype suit if you will and he thinks about it for a moment and then he says"Next time"Now the war machine suit that Rhodes wears is Silver and Grey so this is a pitch for the War machine suit probably in the next movie.The final Iron man suit is Gold and Silver.
Hotrider don't tell me you haven't seen the movie yet.

I didn't bother Duncan being Kingpin.
I think he did an astonishing job.
the same goes for Fury. SLJ is playing him and I think this Ultimate version is way better than the 616.

Unless race is important to the character, as in the case of Black Panther, then it really doesn't matter. If you make Hate Monger or Red Skull black or jewish or something though, that's when it does damage. Kingpins skin color doesnt matter at all. All that matters is that he's a big strong crime boss.

On a side note:

Dean Cain played Superman, and he's half asian. No one seemed to be bothered by that.

Nick Fury actually recently used his ultimate look as a disguise over in the 616 continuity.

There was a black Captain America, which if they ever did a movie of, would be incredible.

Are you kidding me? That's all the Superman fan community ever b**** about. Don't believe me, take a gander at The Planet. He's too "ethnic" looking LOL. Word Superman ever, he doesn't look like the character, he's too short, etc. I've heard it all.

It's not obvious that he's Asian.

Darker skin, dark brown eyes, dark hair, slightly slanted eyes, I see it. He obviously can 'pass' because he in one guest starred as a 'white' racist in 'A Different World' then plays a Hawaiian native in 'Life Goes On'.

Dcbaby2.jpg

buzzard02.jpg

dchsym.jpg

cain3nu0.jpg

^I didn't even know Dean Cain was part-Asian (75% White/25% Japanese), but now that I know, I can definitely see it. He actually looks half-White and half-Asian now that I think about it. Before that post, I thought he was 100% White.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"