Race in movies.

Here is how I look at race with comic book characters. It's not that there is something wrong with changing the race. It's just that changing Spider-Man or Batman from a White guy to a Black guy or Asian guy is not necessary, and the biggest cause of controversy is how popular/known those characters are. Now, in terms of Kingpin, he is Kingpin. Nobody knows who the Kingpin is. Michael Clarke Duncan was a large man that not only fit the part, but could act as well. As for Nick Fury, there are two existing versions of Nick Fury, so comic book fans getting mad because Fury was black was stupid and hypocritical. And even if there was only one White 616 Nick Fury, who cares? It's Nick Fury. Nobody knows who Nick Fury is anyway.

Basically the consensus is, the more well known the character, the less likely they should have a race change.

Basically the consensus is, the more well known the character, the less likely they should have a race change.

Agreed, its iconicism. Characters like Batman and Spiderman just cant be seen any other way, but I have been suggesting black actors for The Riddler recently, I think it would be a good fit.

Agreed, its iconicism. Characters like Batman and Spiderman just cant be seen any other way, but I have been suggesting black actors for The Riddler recently, I think it would be a good fit.

Dave Chappelle as The Riddler! lol!

He could be funny as hell and then be thuggish as all get out! Charlie Murphy as one of his sidekicks!

"Hey Batman! What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"