The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi Cast vs. Webb Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
random question
Is the line "With great power comes great responsibility" even in the comics? I can't remember.
It started as a lesson he learned in Amazing fantasy 15, repeated a bagillion times, then it was turned for some reason to a line told by Ben Parker, don't know where and when, maybe influenced by the 90s cartoon

It started as a lesson he learned in Amazing fantasy 15, repeated a bagillion times, then it was turned for some reason to a line told by Ben Parker, don't know where and when, maybe influenced by the 90s cartoon
Thank you. I didn't think it was from the comics honestly. Didn't sound comic book-y enough, but I didn't think it was purely from the movie either.

I don't see how omitting a line created for the past movies makes Martin Sheen's Uncle Ben not as good as Cliff Robertson.

Webb's cast trumps Raimi's, save for the villain. Dafoe was fantastically OTT as Norman.

On the whole, TASM has a stronger cast for sure, but the abysmal writing severely hurt the impact they could have made. All in all this series has more potential. Better dialogue, interactions, and character development are a must for the series to succeed. Without being weighed down by the origin, I'm sure Spidey's next romp through NY should be spectacular, but they need to let the cast shine.

I think you can make cases for your favourites for most roles (though BDH didn't have a lot to work with as Gwen in SM3), but not Aunt May. Harris >>> Field. That's the one role I feel was horribly miscast in TASM and I honestly hope May gets recast for the sequel.

I think you can make cases for your favourites for most roles (though BDH didn't have a lot to work with as Gwen in SM3), but not Aunt May. Harris >>> Field. That's the one role I feel was horribly miscast in TASM and I honestly hope May gets recast for the sequel.
While I agree that Harris was better for the role overall, I think Field did a fine job...when she had the opportunity. Problem is that the character was barely written into the script outside of forgettable banter and squabbling.

The role given to Sheen as Ben is better, but I still like the late Cliff Robertson more suited for the role

Webb's cast wins.

Although I'd say Uncle Ben and Aunt May were about even.
I agree with you .although I did like seeing more of uncle been in the TASM you really get connected to him . As for J. Jonah Jameson, JK. Simmons has expressed his interest in returning the role as the cigar smoking hot head. which i am hoping he does. but if not there are some shoes to fill .

Thank you. I didn't think it was from the comics honestly. Didn't sound comic book-y enough, but I didn't think it was purely from the movie either.

I don't see how omitting a line created for the past movies makes Martin Sheen's Uncle Ben not as good as Cliff Robertson.

Because it wasn't it was in the comics, it was just added to Bens character retrospectively.

I'd say minus Dunst, the casts were about equal. Raimi had a vision for what he wanted for Peter and it wasn't what was in the comics but as Spider-Man 2 showed us it worked and its something I think Maguire was right for. Garfield is more traditional but I think it's stupid to compare them. Michael Keaton was a great Batman but wouldn't work in place of Bales role. The same can be said in my opinion about Maguire and Garfield, too different to compare.

PETER PARKER/SPIDER-MAN
Tobey Maguire vs. Andrew Garfield (about one million times better)

GWEN STACY
Bryce Dallas Howard vs. Emma Stone

DR. CONNORS
Dylan Baker vs. Rhys Ifans

AUNT MAY
Rosemary Harris vs. Sally Field

UNCLE BEN
Cliff Robertson vs. Martin Sheen

FLASH THOMPSON
Joe Manganiello vs. Chris Zylka

why do you prefer Dylan Baker over Rhys? I know Rhys didn't give the best performance as the lizard, but Dylan Baker never did anything other than looking kinda pissed and having a few lines. He didn't feel like Connors to me at all

why do you prefer Dylan Baker over Rhys? I know Rhys didn't give the best performance as the lizard, but Dylan Baker never did anything other than looking kinda pissed and having a few lines. He didn't feel like Connors to me at all

Not sure actually. Maybe the rest of the cast in ASM was so good, they outshined Rhys a bit. Now that you mention it...I may like Rhys a bit better too. I'll have to watch the film again to decide.

And the bolded part made me laugh so hard hahahahaha!!

You mean there was a cast in Raimi's movies, I didn't even notice, I thought it was a bunch of people hamming it up for the camera? :dry:

They didn't even have scripts, hamming it up was their mission. Oh I can imagine it just now! "Hey Tobey, that constipated face you did in the train sequence, brilliant! This is why you are my main man!"

Ey at least give James Franco some credit :) He was great!

Yeah he was really good :) especially in the first movie I think

227839420.gif

James Franco was awesome in all three movies. The third movie, you could blame writing for ruining all of that.

And of course J.K. Simmons was perfect for all three.

EDIT: Oscorp nailed it with the GIF :up:

Well I'm counting also writing so yeah. SM3 script was hamming up his role too much I think, so performance doesn't save it for me in this case

But I gotta say, I still think that the infamous pie scene could almost be one of the best moments in the movie. I'm not kidding, the sincerity of the moment was really good acting wise, just one random line which compliments the whole scene

I agree with PG! They both were great actors throughout. The past trilogy had some great actors, it's just that to me, the two mains weren't any good at all, especially Dunst. I just couldn't like them or feel connected to them. They were pretty good in SM1 but then, it just went downhill I think.

Also, acting wise, it will be hard for Webb to find an actor as perfect for the role of a villain as Alfred Molina was for Doc Ock.

Webb cast simply LOSES on account of there not being ANY JJJ in the movie... :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

:yay:

Haha I disagree! This film didn't really need him. Though, the sequel does and I will be very disappointed if he's not in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"