The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi Cast vs. Webb Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm no.. is from Ultimate Spiderman
kinda:
Story22.jpg

This scene has absolutely no impact for me...

heck, it's not even Uncle ben and Peter Parker... just photocopied versions of them to give all the digital fanboys & girls a new hip Peter Parker...

The photocopy Parker was so awesome that they had to kill him off to boost sales of a poor man's spidey book...lol

Anyway, I'm done arguing with children... if you guys liked the garbage that was TASM, then that's terrific for you, and I weep for the future.

Cheers...

:yay:

heck, it's not even Uncle ben and Peter Parker... just photocopied versions of them to give all the digital fanboys & girls a new hip Peter Parker...

The photocopy Parker was so awesome that they had to kill him off to boost sales of a poor man's spidey book...lol

Anyway, I'm done arguing with children... if you guys liked the garbage that was TASM, then that's terrific for you, and I weep for the future.

Cheers...

Very Mature of you for respecting other People´s work(USM and ASM) AND OPINIONS! glad you are done and have a good day sir :yay::yay:

Uncle Ben
didn't say it in Amazing Fantasy
did say it in Ultimate Spider-Man
did say it in Spider-Man (2002)
and didn't say it in Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

I really don't see it as a problem either way, as long as the idea is made clear. Some of the biggest statements made by movies are the ones they don't have to explicitly force into our ear holes.

You know, you have a quote bashing 'right-winged people', 'conservatives', etc. yet it seems like you could act like one yourself judging by what you're saying right now.

You know, you have a quote bashing 'right-winged people', 'conservatives', etc. yet it seems like you could act like one yourself judging by what you're saying right now.

yeah lol.

Spider-Man should NEVER deviate from the story written in the early 1960's. No matter any scientific/cultural inconsistencies that might pop up. The word of Stan Lee is god, Amazing Fantasy the bible and no one can interpret it otherwise! You dont like it? you can just go ahead and GET OUT!

-political stuff-

deleted because I don't like politic wars

Last edited:
So as far as the cast goes... Emma Stone was fantastic. I like her more than both KDunst and BDH. I thought Garfield's as spider-man was a better but I liked Tobey's Peter Parker a little more.(though a punk-rock skateboarding Parker may grow on me between now and the sequel).

I thought Both Uncle Ben's were fine. Seemed to me that Sheen got more screen time than Raimi's uncle ben (forgot his name) which was fine. I Like Rosemary Harris though.. She IS aunt may to me. But sally field was alright.

So as far as the cast goes... Emma Stone was fantastic. I like her more than both KDunst and BDH. I thought Garfield's as spider-man was a better but I liked Tobey's Peter Parker a little more.(though a punk-rock skateboarding Parker may grow on me between now and the sequel).

I thought Both Uncle Ben's were fine. Seemed to me that Sheen got more screen time than Raimi's uncle ben (forgot his name) which was fine. I Like Rosemary Harris though.. She IS aunt may to me. But sally field was alright.

Cliff Robertson was Uncle Ben Sheen was Ultimate universe Uncle Ben that´s how i see it
the same with Aunt May:woot:

Cliff Robertson passed away last year I think :(

I don't think there is a better cast. They were 2 different franchises and universes: Raimi's was Amazing Spider-Man (sorta), and Webb's was Ultimate Spider-Man

It all comes down to which universe you prefer

I don't think there is a better cast. They were 2 different franchises and universes: Raimi's was Amazing Spider-Man (sorta), and Webb's was Ultimate Spider-Man

exactly but Tobey was a more 60´s geek/nerd
and Andrew is a 2012 one, how i know it ....guess:yay:

Cliff Robertson was Uncle Ben Sheen was Ultimate universe Uncle Ben that´s how i see it
the same with Aunt May:woot:

Yes I know. Doesn't mean I don't have preference of one or the other.

Cliff Robertson passed away last year I think :(

He did. God rest his soul. Now that I think about it he was in Escape from LA.

What did everyone think of Connors (not compared to raimi's) but in general?

You're absolutely right...

And in the 12 years I've been here, anyone can attest to my complete and utter disdain of the Ultimate Universe (does this make me a conservative :huh: :huh: :huh: ), so I guess it makes sense that movie was terrible... in my opinion.

What did everyone think of Connors (not compared to raimi's) but in general?

He was great before he turned into the Lizard. I didn't like how he just turned evil all of a sudden. It made me lose the connection with who's supposed to be a sympathetic villain.

Cheers...

Wow, isn't that high of you :o

He was great before he turned into the Lizard. I didn't like how he just turned evil all of a sudden. It made me lose the connection with who's supposed to be a sympathetic villain.

The thing that bothered me the most with that was this:
Marc Webb said many times that what he likes about the Lizard is that "he isn't a mustache twirling bad guy..." and what was he in the movie?

listen to this dialogue:
"You stopped me once, you WON'T stop me again!
I'm getting stronger everyday!"

thankfully I really happened to like Rhys' delivery, it sounded like a weak guy finally feeling power, and more power he ever dreamed of. I wish that the script would've illustrated this more so Rhys had more to work with

The thing that bothered me the most with that was this:
Marc Webb said many times that what he likes about the Lizard is that "he isn't a mustache twirling bad guy..." and what was he in the movie?

listen to this dialogue:
"You stopped me once, you WON'T stop me again!
I'm getting stronger everyday!"

thankfully I really happened to like Rhys' delivery, it sounded like a weak guy finally feeling power, and more power he ever dreamed of. I wish that the script would've illustrated this more so Rhys had more to work with

Rhys's performance was great, I just wish that the character had been written better. There was so much potential in the Lizard character.

Yeah, While I kind of get the idea that he is becoming unstable from the transformations, I thought it would be better if the Lizard was more sinister instead of just doing what Connors the human talked about..Would have been nice if Connors was more of a slave to his alter-ego instead of just an extension. If you get what I mean.

Rhys's performance was great, I just wish that the character had been written better. There was so much potential in the Lizard character.

Exactly. I was actually thinking about TASM the other day and the theme of the movie could've been "power", and that of course would've been linked to the "with great power" theme

I imagined this scene in my head:
Lizard has brought a SWAT-team down to his lair, they are all strapped to chairs. Lizard talks about how pathetic humans are. Lizards then says "you out of all people were chosen to protect them, put above others, don't you feel that you deserve power? I'm about to offer you a gift, a gift of pure power! You will be able to heal any wound or injury, would you not want to be a better being?"

Exactly. I was actually thinking about TASM the other day and the theme of the movie could've been "power", and that of course would've been linked to the "with great power" theme

I imagined this scene in my head:
Lizard has brought a SWAT-team down to his lair, they are all strapped to chairs. Lizard talks about how pathetic humans are. Lizards then says "you out of all people were chosen to protect them, put above others, don't you feel that you deserve power? I'm about to offer you a gift, a gift of pure power! You will be able to heal any wound or injury, would you not want to be a better being?"

Yeah, I would've really liked some kind of juxtaposition to support the idea of great power and great responsibility. I like to think that Spider-Man villains are the product of using power without responsibility.

Yep :up: at least with most villains, I don't know if Green Goblin fits that theme

talking about Green Goblin, I'm really afraid that they will make him a Joker knock-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"