The Dark Knight Rambo Hates Batman ??

Yeah, holy ****, look at Bale and tell me he needs fake muscles...

Bull **** Sylvester :cmad:

while what folks here say is very true...there are no stallones and arnie's any more....

i guess the nearest we get to a muscle bound hero is the rock nowadays....but not vin diesel...

we need some more arnold schwarzeneggers...while his acted sucked a bit....his movies in general were always brilliant....who can diss predator..awesome movie..but you dont see that kind of movie anymore.

The guy who was in Commando, Jingle All the Way, Batman & Robin, Conan the Destroyer and all his other non-Jamees Cameron movies were....brilliant?!

No thanks.

He-Man said:
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/12/07/sylvester_stallone_blames_batman_for_tod

Sylvester Stallone Blames 'Batman' For Today's Action Hero Weaklings

Sylvester Stallone has blasted the lack of brawn in today's action heroes and blames 1989 movie Batman for allowing actors to wear latex muscles rather than work out in the gym. Stallone, who starred in a series of muscle bound action films during the 1980s, believes those films are things of the past because special effects can enhance you into a rippling hunk within minutes.

He says, "I think the evolution has been startling. I believe the culprit in the transformation of action films can be traced to Batman starring Michael Keaton. By that I mean, when an individual can step into a latex suit bulging with muscles and Velcro himself into an action star body we knew the times they were a-changing.

"It's tough enough to go to the gym and stay in good shape, but when you have the option to step into a Herculean Halloween costume; working out doesn't look like much fun. Damn you, Batman."

What's even funnier is bodybuilders who can hardly speak English pretending to be actors.

Hey I liked Jingle All The Way :csad:.

raybia said:
He just saying that there is a lack of appreciation of all the hard work actors put in at the Gym and I agree.
Since when does going to the gym have ANYthing to do with acting?

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Pfft, B89 proved you didn't need a big dumb accent or rediculously oversized bulging pectorials to be a convincing hero.
Exactly.

I just think Stallone is crazy, when more than half of the heroes portrayed onscreen DO WORK OUT.

Well, there goes my idea for Stallone playing Harvey Dent. He's now hated by Batman fans and they think he's too old, oh well. :o

Wait isn't Stallone brain damaged or something? Who cares what he says he's a rich invalid.

Wait isn't Stallone brain damaged or something? Who cares what he says he's a rich invalid.
No, he isn't brain damaged, genius. He has nerve damage on his face from complications during birth.

Furthermore, the response from certain people here is ridiculous. In the AICN Q&A--where the4se comments originated--he was asked about the evolution in action movies (the move away from people like himself and Schwarzenegger towards more Average Joe heroes) and answered the question by referencing what he thought initiated the change. He didn't insult Batman, Keaton, or anyone else, but all you children are getting your panties in a wad and bleating "STUPID STALLON, U KNOW NOTHING! U TALK STOOPID!!1"

Get a grip. The man is an academy award nominee and, frankly, far more intelligent than people give him credit for. The only people who think he's a musclebound moron (read "half the people in this thread") are fools who can't see past his speech impediment.

Rocky Balboa was a great goddamned movie.

Ditto, best movie since the first.

Saint said:
No, he isn't brain damaged, genius. He has nerve damage on his face from complications during birth.

Furthermore, the response from certain people here is ridiculous. In the AICN Q&A--where the4se comments originated--he was asked about the evolution in action movies (the move away from people like himself and Schwarzenegger towards more Average Joe heroes) and answered the question by referencing what he thought initiated the change. He didn't insult Batman, Keaton, or anyone else, but all you children are getting your panties in a wad and bleating "STUPID STALLON, U KNOW NOTHING! U TALK STOOPID!!1"

Get a grip. The man is an academy award nominee and, frankly, far more intelligent than people give him credit for. The only people who think he's a musclebound moron (read "half the people in this thread") are fools who can't see past his speech impediment.

Kudos:up: There's a reason his nickname was Sly Stallone after all. The guy really was very smart. He was offered direct cash for the first Rocky movie, and they wanted someone else to play Rocky, but he gambled and took a percentage and played Rocky himself, he made it rich, but you gotta admit, the guy has some serius balls. If that movie had tanked he would have been flat broke.

Saint said:

I was mainly going off what he says but I admit his delivery would have influenced as well. I didn't know that ^. If he were here I would apologise to him.

But anyways, moving on. Sylvester Stallone is short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"