Rank the Main Antagonists of the MCU by Phase

The first Thor film is where Loki established himself, his motivations laid out, that's where he is most nuanced and sympathetic... watching the three films he's been in makes a nice little arc for his character.

If you're gunna be in the "rank the Marvel villains by phase" thread, you should prob see all the movies, as opposed to watching one and coming thru to troll

Whoops my bad. You're correct. I couldn't get through Thor. I tried a couple of times. Yeah, probably should see more movies to rank them. Did I say I watched one Marvel movie or are you just making that up? Right, your making it up.

raw

Whoops my bad. You're correct. I couldn't get through Thor. I tried a couple of times. Yeah, probably should see more movies to rank them. Did I say I watched one Marvel movie or are you just making that up? Right, your making it up.
How many have you watched? Because I think I remember you saying you haven't watched that many.

Same thing with your whole Pirates comparison based on only watching 2 of the 4 (5 this year) films.

You make sweeping generalizations for things you haven't even watched yet but seem surprised when people have negative reviews of MOS or BvS AFTER watching both of them.

Last edited:
How many have you watched? Because I think I remember you saying you haven't watched that many.

Same thing with your whole Pirates comparison based on only watching 2 of the 4 (5 this year) films.

You make sweeping generalizations for things you haven't even watched yet but seem surprised when people have negative reviews of MOS or BvS AFTER watching both of them.

I may miss one but I saw iron man 1,2, and 3. I saw the ed Norton hulk one. Saw I think most of the 1st cap movie, some of winter soldier, probably half of both Thor movies at most, saw the 1st two Avenger movies.
I think that's it. I stopped after that . I just didn't like any of them except the 1st iron man. Maybe that's most ? But just so many of them I checked out early.
I'm sorry if the Pirates comparison upset people. Of the two I saw it seemed the same kind of tone for me with the Sparrow character admittedly more over the top for sure.
I think I posed this first as what I saw and then as a question if that's what others saw. I've gotten the answer that no that's not what people saw.
That's great. Again, I didn't mean to get anyone mad. My question has been answered. Have an awesome day.

I'm not sure what these sweeping generalisations would be. Because I didn't watch the other Pirate movies? The two I saw seem similar in tone so I just said so. Ok if that was a sweeping generalisation, that's fine. No harm intended.
Was I surprised of the negative reviews of MOS and BVS? Sure. I liked them. Many people did not.
Simple as that. No crime committed, that I know of.

I view them as campy. Because I repeated it a lot is it a sweeping generalisation. I took people's word that told me there was Howard the duck in guardians and I know there's a talking raccoon and tree. I'm not sure why showing my posts saying so is a sweeping generalisation. Everything I viewed that's what I've seen.
I have NOT seen GOTG but I figured it was fair to say it was campy. I wouldn't expect anybody would disagree with that. That was the intention wasn't it?

no it wasn't campy
it was funny and a bit pulpy, but the end result was a talking tree and a raccoon that were better, more fully formed characters than either the 'B' or the 'S' in BvS

I view them as campy. Because I repeated it a lot is it a sweeping generalisation. I took people's word that told me there was Howard the duck in guardians and I know there's a talking raccoon and tree. I'm not sure why showing my posts saying so is a sweeping generalisation. Everything I viewed that's what I've seen.
I have NOT seen GOTG but I figured it was fair to say it was campy. I wouldn't expect anybody would disagree with that. That was the intention wasn't it?
So you're basing your opinions on things you've heard and not things you yourself has watched and ASSUMED that because there was Howard the Duck (in a post credits scene), a talking raccoon and tree it was "campy".

I don't care if you don't like the MCU. It's your opinion. But to admit to not even watching them all and then saying they are all the same is a generalization. Further doing post after post that all the MCU are family friendly with lots of jokes, when btw, all the MCU are PG-13 is just taking other peoples opinions and taking it as your own.

That's like someone saying he hates the DCEU. Well you did you watch any of it? Well I saw half of MOS. :huh:

no it wasn't campy
it was funny and a bit pulpy, but the end result was a talking tree and a raccoon that were better, more fully formed characters than either the 'B' or the 'S' in BvS

Ok. Looks like I hit a nerve. Have a nice day.

So you're basing your opinions on things you've heard and not things you yourself has watched and ASSUMED that because there was Howard the Duck (in a post credits scene), a talking raccoon and tree it was "campy".

I don't care if you don't like the MCU. It's your opinion. But to admit to not even watching them all and then saying they are all the same is a generalization. Further doing post after post that all the MCU are family friendly with lots of jokes, when btw, all the MCU are PG-13 is just taking other peoples opinions and taking it as your own.

That's like someone saying he hates the DCEU. Well you did you watch any of it? Well I saw half of MOS. :huh:

I think I can make the leap and say Howard the Duck is campy. Come on, man. Is that really some kind of insult? I saw a bunch of movies that all had the same tone I didn't like. How can I put this? I'm not interested because the tone has been similar that I don't go for so I gave up after watching a bunch and then some of others that halfway thru were the same so I stopped.
Is Marvel NOT family friendly? Do the movies not have a lot of jokes or maybe a better word is one liners or quips if you like that better?
It's a lot different man. Seeing half of one of 3 movies as opposed to all I've already listed?
Whatever, it doesn't matter. You have some highly successful films you enjoy very much. That's really cool.

Do you understand that Howard the Duck was shown for all of a few seconds as a post credit scene?

And in terms of Family Friendly. All the MCU movies are PG-13. The same as the DCEU. The same as TDKT. Are the MCU, lighter? Yes. But they aren't G rated movies.

You watched 6 full MCU movies. And parts of the others. That's a good amount you haven't seen. Which would be about the same as seeing half a DCEU movie.

Do you understand that Howard the Duck was shown for all of a few seconds as a post credit scene?

And in terms of Family Friendly. All the MCU movies are PG-13. The same as the DCEU. The same as TDKT. Are the MCU, lighter? Yes. But they aren't G rated movies.

You watched 6 full MCU movies. And parts of the others. That's a good amount you haven't seen. Which would be about the same as seeing half a DCEU movie.

I don't see why it matters where in the movie it happened. I did hear it was post credit stuff. The scenes everyone hangs out for. It was meant to be ridiculous, no? Is that a better word than campy? Whatever works for you.
What I meant by family friendly was that- lighter. For example I would not bring an 8 year old to see BVS. Beside the fact that the story is too much for kids and nognough action for them( in my opinion) the Superman stabbing was too much for kids.
Again, these are just my opinions.

I don't see why it matters where in the movie it happened. I did hear it was post credit stuff. The scenes everyone hangs out for. It was meant to be ridiculous, no? Is that a better word than campy? Whatever works for you.
What I meant by family friendly was that- lighter. For example I would not bring an 8 year old to see BVS. Beside the fact that the story is too much for kids and nognough action for them( in my opinion) the Superman stabbing was too much for kids.

Ok. Did Marvel's tone change from the movies I listed? Maybe it did. I'm making sweeping generalisations because I think 7 movies were this way, so I assume nothing has changed because GOTG is supposed to be that way by design( which isn't my kind of movie) ant-man has talented comedian Paul Rudd. People told me the movie was the funniest one. Again, not my thing.
Maybe the comedy was different in Ant-Man but I doubt it.
I'm not sure what other movies there were.

You do realize that Coulson was pierced through the back out through his front by Loki's scepter in the Avengers.

Thor's hand was "cut" off in Thor: Dark World.

Winter Soldier is showed murdering Stark's parents in Civil War.

Just a few right off the bat.

You do realize that Coulson was pierced through the back out through his front by Loki's scepter in the Avengers.

Thor's hand was "cut" off in Thor: Dark World.

Winter Soldier is showed murdering Stark's parents in Civil War.

Just a few right off the bat.

Yes. Nothing campy or jokey about those parts. I'm not trying to say every movie I saw that people are slipping on banana peels.

Again, I'm not trying to convert you to the MCU, just if you are going to post here. Either ask questions or know what you're talking about.

I bash some of the X-Men movies because I've watched them all. I didn't give up after the Last Stand or Wolverine Origins and assume that First Class and DOFP were bad too.

Again, I'm not trying to convert you to the MCU, just if you are going to post here. Either ask questions or know what you're talking about.

I bash some of the X-Men movies because I've watched them all. I didn't give up after the Last Stand or Wolverine Origins and assume that First Class and DOFP were bad too.

Don't worry. You won't. As I've said, I e seen a bunch and some of others. That's enough to know what I'm talking about. You can't even admit Howard the duck is campy.
Don't tell me the criteria I need to post. What are you giving orders?
You sure seem like you want to convert me. I'll ask again, did Marvel's tone change a lot from the movies I've listed? I'm guessing, no. GUESSING.
I am not a comic reader. Never was. I like what one franchise is doing and not the other. Even if a bunch of people said Marvel was much different than it used to be, I'd still probably not check it out because it's not usually my genre of movie. I don't have the interest to hop into more super hero stuff.

no it wasn't campy

lol agreed. That why MCU better because they make good characters and make you care. They not even have to be famous characters from comics.

I don't have the kind of time on my hands to give a leap of faith that marvel movies ( after 6 or 7 of them will be more like MOS and BVS when everyone I've ever talked to says they are nothing alike.

Howard the duck wasn't campy. Ok. Got it.

??? Who talking about Howard the duck lol? Talking about Rocket raccoon and Groot. Talking tree and talking racoon better than Batman and Superman in BvS lol.

Was the duck over the top intentionally? Was it exaggerated so as to not be taken seriously?

Dude, what is your fixation with Howard the Duck. He had zero impact on the story. All it was, was an Easter Egg. :huh:

Don't worry. You won't. As I've said, I e seen a bunch and some of others. That's enough to know what I'm talking about. You can't even admit Howard the duck is campy.
Don't tell me the criteria I need to post. What are you giving orders?
You sure seem like you want to convert me. I'll ask again, did Marvel's tone change a lot from the movies I've listed? I'm guessing, no. GUESSING.
I am not a comic reader. Never was. I like what one franchise is doing and not the other. Even if a bunch of people said Marvel was much different than it used to be, I'd still probably not check it out because it's not usually my genre of movie. I don't have the interest to hop into more super hero stuff.
Since you seem like a dog with a bone.

Civil War, TWS and Doctor Strange off the top of my head were a lot more serious in tone.

And lastly, I'm trying to help you not sound ignorant. Going around making comments about movies you haven't seen will do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"