Rate and Review Black Widow!

6/10. The most important thing I took out of the film was I liked the new characters, especially Yelena, which is important because it means the movie still had something to offer even though it was centred around a character which is already dead in the overarching narrative.
I guarantee you that there were a lot of people in the general audience who either didn't know she was dead or, simply did not care about that fact as long as the story was strong.

I am a HUGE fan of Scarjo's portrayal of Natasha.
And, my reasons for going to see BW,
ON MY BIRTHDAY, Had Absolutely Nothing to do with how the film fit in the overall narrative.

I guarantee you that there were a lot of people in the general audience who either didn't know she was dead or, simply did not care about that fact as long as the story was strong.
Fair enough. As a well invested MCU fan, I was just commenting on the fresh things I got out of the film. It was also good as its own thing, no doubt.

Bit of a meh entry in the MCU library, not terrible by any stretch but rather forgettable with some pretty bad CGi towards the end. Taskmaster was a massive let down and the action was very forgettable, some really bizzare story choices as well and things that didnt really make a lot of sense. Florence Pugh was probably the best thing about it but BW deserved a lot lot more than this. 6/10

With it now on D+ outside of its early access, I finally saw it. Overall I liked it and would give it a 7. It was entertaining but nothing to spectacular. The timelin really bothered me. Like this is a project that should have been released after CW. I thought there was going to be a twist to frame it within the context of present day but they didnt. Like if and when I rewatch the films, I will have to watch it after that bc it makes more sense and I wish I had revisited CW prior

Good that ScarJo finally got her solo but she was one of the weaker parts of the film. She was overshadowed by her family, especially Yelena, whom this felt more like a stealth film for. Loved her character and the possibility of her being the BW moving forward

I was shocked by the Taskmasters identity. The gender was spoiled for me and I assumed it would be the mother all these months so I was glad to see that it wasnt completely spoiled. Overall the character was a disappointment. Devoid of any personality, they wasted it here

The final scene? Loved it and how it leads directly into Hawkeye next month. Didnt even know Yelena would be in that. Im thinking the Countess could be recruiting her own team of Dark Avengers as she is coming across like Nick Fury

I liked it (watched it the other day on D+). It started off extremely well in the first act but then just fell to just 'good' the rest of the way. :up: out of :up::up:

I finally saw this on the big screen and it was so much better than the first time. This was my 1st movie I saw in a cinema in almost 2years. The sounds were much better. The action scenes were much enjoyable to watch.

I liked the main cast and even Natasha's male friend. The villains Dreykov and Taskmaster and the person in the post credit scene, I didn't like very much. But I had a good time being back in the movies!

There was a surprising amount of stuff I liked in this movie.

Completely ruined by the need to make it a big budget action blockbuster.

There was a surprising amount of stuff I liked in this movie.

Completely ruined by the need to make it a big budget action blockbuster.
I would take the characters in Tasha's family and the basic set up but place it in a better script that wasn't leading to the standard MCU finale.

"The person in the post credit scenes..."

Oh lord.
tumblr_mlifxgb7PA1rh8icyo1_400.gif

The opening credits sequence over the somber cover of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit was brilliantly heartbreaking. I wish the rest of the movie had been equally brilliant. I think this could have been a LOGAN for BW but due to it's placement in the continuity & rating it just couldn't be.

The fight between Taskmaster and Red Guardian was a major letdown. The trailers sold something fierce. What we got wasn't that.

Florence Pugh was the standout and I'm happy to see her as the new BW going forward. Can't say the same about Mackie Cap sadly.

7 out of 10. It could've been so much better.
It started strong but it just fell apart as it went along.

The first 50/55 minutes where great and i was loving it. Then came the prison breakout scene with the ridiculous over the top avalanche/rescue, then in the middle there was a huge exposition dump and the pacing suffered from it, it gradually decreased in quality and that final act was just a complete misfire. Now had they kept with that early vibe, pacing and down to earth quality and this film would've totally been in line with "CA:The Winter Soldier" and it would've likely been Top tier MCU for me.

Scarlett was good, Yelena was was fantastic and Harbour was also pretty good, even the actor who played "Mason" did well. Taskmaster was cool in the bridge sequence and my hopes where high but then they just misused her. The villain was just a throw away. I thought the humor was good enough and some jokes landed well, like the ibuprofen one, Red Guardian rambling... Some of the drama also worked specially with the kids and the family/sisters dynamic. The score/soundtrack was even decent/good.

In the of the day it's annoying how Black Widow good first half was undermined with a massively misguided course correction for the second half. It's really frustrating the squandered potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"