THE FLASH RATE & REVIEW THREAD

I dont know about this one it felt like a mess. The awful CGI was very distracting and noticeable, It was literally all over the film. Sometimes the suit looked good and then other times awful. I did love all the keaton batman scenes but that alone i dont think will save this film.. At times it felt like someone had their finger on the skip button because scenes would go by so fast with no time for these characters to breath. I dont think this studio learned anything from their past movies because I think the studio did this film dirty. I dont think andy was given a chance to showcase what he really wanted to show us. 5/10

The thing that stands out most is how awful the CGI is.

Someone said that Ezra was better at the dramatic scenes, and that is definitely true.

Finally...Michael Keaton is playing Batman in a movie where he's not overshadowed by someone else.

This film feels like the filmmakers only read Flashpoint, and no other Flash story.

Overall, this feels like one big "meh". It's a shame. The Flash is one of the greatest characters in the superhero genre. He deserved more than "meh".

6/10

This film is a mix bag for me 5/10. Is the film bad? No, it’s got entertaining factors involved but it’s definitely messy and disconcerting at times. I found the comedy over the top and contrived especially with Ezra . The best aspect of the film is Batman, everything with The Dark Knight worked he looked great and the action sequences made me excited as a kid. Unfortunately the cgi at times was unashamedly embarrassing and unfinished. The cameos had a two-fold effect of being cool but very jarring. It would’ve just been better as a quick montage of flashing images seen across the screen in a blink and miss shot. The multiverse was done so much better in No Way Home and Spider-verse imo. As for the ending it’s a joke and I choose to see it as such.

CGI was embarrassingly bad that it seemed like it was meant to be as fake as it looked at times? Esp within the speedforce?
I thought it was a style choice especially those babies and when he was running in full speed with the bubble and the backdrop when he's about to cross another reality. I have never seen anything like it.

I thought it was a style choice especially those babies and when he was running in full speed with the bubble and the backdrop when he's about to cross another reality. I have never seen anything like it.

It's the strangest artistic choice to make something deliberately look like bad cgi

It's the strangest artistic choice to make something deliberately look like bad cgi
I thought they were making the babies look wacky/funny because of Barry's personality and that the film was going for a comedic take. While the Multiverse running fast speed scene because of the Flash being transported into a different dimension. The freeze frames looked like its been added by a photoshop filter.

First of all rotten tomatoes actually got the score right when it comes to The Flash movie. I think the movie overall is a 65 out of 100. The movie started off well. Good Flash powers moment. Barry running to Gotham was my favorite part of the film. Alfred was a delight and saving the babies in the hospital was cool. I did not like Ben as Batman. That chase seen was meh. What an awful choice WB made in making Ben Batman. Gale had one of the best cameos in the film. She really is Wonder Woman. You can see her confidence wearing the uniform unlike Affleck. It was cute seeing Barry with Iris. The actors have good chemistry. Would have loved seeing their relationship develop. Ben came back on screen as Bruce and again was awful. Robert Pattinson is so much better then Ben as Batman it is almost laughable. The DCU Batman is going to be a hard role to fill with Matt Reeves take on Batman coming to a conclusion.

The next part of the film Barry goes back in time to save his mother. I started to realize that this was an Ezra Miller film as you really did not see much character development from Flash’s mother or father just a scene with older Barry eating with them before the younger Barry came home from college. Ezra was excellent as the adult Barry and the 18 year old Barry. I actually believed he was two different people. My issue is I did not like the 18 year old Barry’s personality. He became annoying halfway through the film and his character took me out of the movie. I figured out very quickly that that when Barry meant the Dark Speedster when he tried to go back to present day, that it was another Barry. Straight off the CW television show. It was an ok plot point but was not original so I was disappointed. The adult Barry losing his powers was confusing. I don’t know why he didn’t speed away from the lightning. After seeing how he saved the babies getting away from the lightning bolt shouldn’t have been a problem. Some of best comedic scenes happened when Barry loses his powers and young Barry gained his.

I think Keaton and Supergirl were side characters in this movie. It was the Ezra Miller show. Keaton’s Batman was not Dark and he reminded me of the Batman 89 character. Keaton was good and I enjoyed his return. Supergirl made no sense to me. Calle played Kara well but I don’t understand how the Russians captured her. I would had her being trained by the Russians instead of her being a prisoner. It would have been less confusing. She became a Mary Sue and Calle deserved better then that. In two minutes she became a better Superman then Kal-El with no training or conversation with Joe-El. They made Zod and the Kryptonians much darker (Kal-EL as a baby) in this movie but easier to defeat. The two Flash’s appear to take out and kill multiple Kryptonians during the fight. I actually liked the twist it the two Barry’s, Kara and Batman could not defeat the Kryptonians so the younger Barry kept going back to repeat the fight until he appears to go mad and become the Dark speedster. I liked that part of the movie but was not a fan of the multiverse characters that were shown.

I think the movie was ok. Did not like the end credit scene with Aquaman. If you like Ezra Miller you gonna like the movie if you can’t stand him you gonna hate the movie. I could care less either way but the Snyderverse needs to end. I am done with his universe. The last regime that ran DC movies appeared to have plans for a female Trinity. I can’t believe anyone would give the DC movie division the Greenlight to kill off Superman. The rumors about Cavill being hard to work with seem to be true. Remember Bat girl was supposed to be next up on HBO max for next month.

I have mixed feeling about this film, but I think I'll give it a 7/10 on the strength of Keaton alone. Rather than doing a big review, I'll just bullet point my main thoughts.

• Ezra Miller was quite good in this. I really enjoyed his dual performance. I don't think I need to see more of his Flash, but he definitely has talent.
  • I didn't care one bit for the scenes between Barry and Iris.
  • Why are people raving about Ben Affleck in this thing? His eyes were dead in his head. The suit was horrendous and that terrible shot of him smiling at Wonder Woman is nightmare fuel. Even with some nice dialogue during his ''Bruce Wayne'' scene, he seemed half asleep. It truly is time to move on.
  • Sasha Calle was just kind of... there.
  • The third act was over-stuffed and convoluted. They could have kept it much simpler, but I did like the scene with Barry and his mother.
Keaton stole the show for me, but I still have some problems. I actually warmed to the suit/cowl as the movie when on and it was cool to see him kicking butt, as well as hitting some of his catchphrases. His chat with Barry was sweet and endearing, but the writer could have been doing with more ''show, don't tell'' lessons. The ''Finding Superman'' scene was the best.

I don't like how it ended for him though. I so glad we got another Keaton Batman performance and Muschietti mostly does right by him, but I do wish it was in a different film/project that could have devoted more time to him. Sadly that will never be now.

I enjoyed it, mostly. I liked the story, everyone in their parts, and the only real gripe I have are the ugly visuals. Many years of post-production hell and a lot of the CGI looks like a 2000's Playstation rush-job? Yeesh. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw CGI this bad on the big screen and I'm drawing a blank.

This movie on one hand is vibrant, kinetic, visually unique, nostalgic, powerful, emotional, etc. 10/10

On the other hand it's incredibly embarrassing, ugly, cringy, annoying, cliche, shallow, etc. 2/10

So overall I guess like a 5 or 6/10.

This movie on one hand is vibrant, kinetic, visually unique, nostalgic, powerful, emotional, etc. 10/10

On the other hand it's incredibly embarrassing, ugly, cringy, annoying, cliche, shallow, etc. 2/10

So overall I guess like a 5 or 6/10.

This 100% represents my feelings towards this movie.

The CGI is atrocious. Just inexcusable. And it's not a single sequence; there are so many ugly sequences.

I disagree with everyone who's hating on the story/script. Movie's got heart, which is something I can't say about 95% of the recent superhero movies.

In general, I really enjoyed the film.

The CGI was really ugly in some parts though but that’s something 99.9% of us all agree with

I thought the movie was was entertaining, well acted, and story was easy to follow

Highlight of the film is without a doubt Michael Keaton. He kicked ass!

Sasha Calle was great as Kara/Supergirl and wish she had more screen time

In spite of whatever issues are going on with Ezra, the dude did a great job in this movie and was pleasantly surprised by Ezra’s performance.

Movie had a lot of heartfelt emotional moments, just sucks it got overshadowed by the Ezra country and the shoddy CGI

I really hope this won’t be the last time we see the likes of Michael Keaton’s Batman and Sasha Calle’s Supergirl. With the multiverse and the fact that WB will also have projects outside of the new mainline DCU, it would be cool to see a Supergirl series with Sasha and a new Batman movie with Michael Keaton

This movie wanted to be a comedy at times, the director should have had this film be about the Schumacher universe characters trying to redeem themselves. Have their universe end and unable to be saved and showcase them as died trying. The Clooney character and maybe Kilmer as a cameo and Robin would have fit better in this goofy Ezra Miller antics on screen. Let that universe die and for a sequel show a new universe just beginning.

The movie should have ended with Keaton as Batman stepping out of the car which would have lead fans to want to see a sequel, and lead that to a Batman Beyond movie giving Keaton a contract to make a Batman Beyond trilogy.

The creative people behind these movies make everything a mess imo that lead to dead ends and misfires.

Thought is was mostly alright & a mixed bag.

From a story perspective it suffers from the same problems as Endgame & No Way Home because they're covering similar topics with time-travel, multiverses etc. The problem is the more you add, the more convoluted an angle becomes & it ends up presenting more questions than answers.

Keaton's Batman explaining with the spaghetti about how it was approached in this film was fantastic & for about 2/3's of the film it was fine. The final 1/3 of the film when things start to speed up, no pun intended, things start to become more convoluted very quickly & I don't think it really helped by how they visually depicted the timelines & universes.

The point being, I think it could have been a lot less messy if they'd stuck a little closer to the source material or the animated iteration which seemed a lot more straight forward to follow IMO.

Ezra Miller was fine as Flash, probably liked him a lot more in this than any of his other appearances in the DCEU, no doubt because he gets a lot more screentime.

It does feel like he plays second fiddle for a lot of the film to Keaton's Batman, which I'm not exactly mad about as it was fantastic to see him in the role again.. overlooking the fact his Batman is about 70 with the speed, power & agility that even his original Batman didn't possess.. it was damn cool none the less, the beatdown of the Russians in particular was fantastic.

Sasha Calle was in the film a lot less than I thought she was going to be, I liked her quite a lot even with the lesser screentime, I didn't think she was going to be Kara though, I thought she was going to be like the daughter of Superman & Lois in this reality or something to that effect. Really liked her though it's a shame this iteration of the DCEU was such a hot mess & this wasn't her character's permanent introduction.
Actually could have set it up by Barry telling Cavill's Superman about Kara upon his return & him trying to find her in their reality.

The CGI in the film was mixed bag, some of it looked good & some of it was absolutely dreadful. Particularly towards the end a few moments just looked like a cutscene from a video game, looking so out of place when you have a realistic looking Flash standing near something that looks so computer like. I've come to the realisation that WB just loves to waste money on CGI, because some of it didn't even need to be CGI.. like when Barry's discovering time travel there shots from Justice League visible that were fully CGI. Obviously not an expert on the subject but surely the footage itself could have been used & saved a bag.

All in all, it was alright, mixed bag all in all, my expectations were quite low for the film as they have been for every DCEU post-BvS, but I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would & given how it ended I think it would have been a nice way to somewhat wrap up the DCEU.

6.9/10

Well, I slept over this one and... I really liked this movie. My honest opinion is that story-wise the movie is great. It works. By the end of the movie I actually felt a lot of sympathy for Barry; I'm adding him to the very short list of DCEU characters I actually care about. I think this is what the DCEU has been missing since day one. Also, the comedy was more hit than miss and that's a positive.

That scene where he says goodbye to his mother was really touching imo.

It also has the worst CGI I've ever seen in a major blockbuster movie by a large margin. The action in the 3rd act is boring. Boring action + bad CGI is one hell of a stinky combo.

A solid story with bad CGI can carry a movie for me, and that's why I'm giving it a positive rating.

Solid 7/10 for me. Characters, story and soundtrack are the biggest positives.

Well, I slept over this one and... I really liked this movie. My honest opinion is that story-wise the movie is great. It works. By the end of the movie I actually felt a lot of sympathy for Barry; I'm adding him to the very short list of DCEU characters I actually care about. I think this is what the DCEU has been missing since day one. Also, the comedy was more hit than miss and that's a positive.

That scene where he says goodbye to his mother was really touching imo.

It also has the worst CGI I've ever seen in a major blockbuster movie by a large margin. The action in the 3rd act is boring. Boring action + bad CGI is one hell of a stinky combo.

A solid story with bad CGI can carry a movie for me, and that's why I'm giving it a positive rating.

Solid 7/10 for me. Characters, story and soundtrack are the biggest positives.

I'm going to have to see the movie again at some point. Some things, the more I think about, the more I like. While others, not so much. The comedy was really mixed for me. I laughed 2-3 times pretty good, but a lot of "ehhh idk about that one" as well.

The soundtrack, I usually notice, but besides established themes, I didn't hear anything that caught my attention, sadly.

I'll admit a bias going into this movie, as I never really liked this version of Flash, so didn't go in expecting this movie to change my mind about that... and very much expected their ever scene an line to be as cringe as it was.... I watched this movie for Keaton's Batman first and foremost, with curiosity of how they'd handle (this version of) Supergirl a close second

so, that being said the Keaton scene's 100% met my expectations... just a shame I had to seat though an hour of nonsense to get to it

I also enjoyed Supergirl more then I thought I would

so, my main issue was their lack of screentime, but, fully understanding that this wasn't their movie (to expect it to be all about them, in)

the time-travel an explanations of how it worked here, was handled well enough

for a movie that was delayed several times, you'd think they'd have time to polish up some of that CGI... but, I also understand that being delayed put financial restraints on it as well

this probably would have beav'd more had it came out at the original release date (beating many other time-travel/multiverse travel themed movies/shows to the punch) but, at this point it felt like it'd already been done before and done better

still I enjoyed this movie for what it was (and there's something kinda refreshing about going into an "one off" movie with zero consequences)were so use to world building and how everything is connected an rather it matched up to canon, blah blah blah

7.5/10

I saw the film yesterday afternoon.

As someone who never saw the 1989 Batman in the theaters, seeing Michael Keaton don the Batsuit one more time on the big screen was everything AND more. Anytime he was on screen, people cheered. I'm talking loud screams, clapping, EVERYTHING. And I really love the way Supergirl was handled, and I would've liked to see more of her, which brings me to my next point: It seems like they are only now starting to get things right, except it came too late.

Overall, it was a nice send-off for the DCEU. I give it maybe an 8/10.

Last edited:
Just finished watching The Flash…

Oh my life, the CGI is soooo bad. The film was fun enough though. Really enjoyed Ezra’s performances, they really were excellent. Sasha Calle was also fantastic as Supergirl. Ben Affleck’s ‘performance’ was awful, really upsetting as he was my favourite live action Batman up to now. Not into the whole Keaton thing as he was never my favourite Batman but his act was good (and his Batman theme is the best). Great to see Nicolas Cage as Superman and lovely of course to see Reeve/Slater on the big screen as Superman/Supergirl with the epic Williams Superman theme.

7/10…Man of Steel is still the best DCEU movie for me.

Movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. Yawned every time Zod showed up. Such a boring villain. The BEST thing about this movie?

The decision to have Eric Stoltz play Marty McFly in that universe's Back to the Future franchise. Freaking brilliant!

Oh, and I like you know who showing up at the end. That was funny.

5/10

After having seen it a couple of times, here's my thoughts:

I ping pong when it comes to this film and I can't decide if I like it a fair amount, or if I find it mediocre.

It has its issues--not the kind that make a movie unwatchable to me, but flaws all the same. After how WB foolishly tried to overhype this flick, I can say that it didn't live up to that hype. For me, the worst thing a film can be is boring or lifeless, and The Flash was not.

It had a lot of things going for it--a genuinely decent through-line and heart. But it's in service to a Barry Allen I've never liked. Regardless of Miller's real life escapades, their Barry Allen has never been "Barry Allen" to me, and that impacts everything. They continued to make Barry an obtuse, fidgety neophyte--and it's not like I didn't know that was possible, going in. They were certainly better than before (and the younger Barry was there for greater contrast), but still, it isn't an ideal portrayal of The Flash... and it adapts a storyline I don't care for. The Barry Allen I knew and loved (Pre-Crisis) was wise and seasoned enough to know not to mess with time. This isn't the film's fault--that's just a case of Geoff Johns changing Barry's character to make such a stupid mistake.

The film's execution leaves much to be desired--it's routinely fine, most of the time... but the fact remains that the comedy should have been dialed back by at least 20%. They didn't interject comedy into the middle of important scenes and that's commendable given the comedic sensibilities on display--I thought for sure we were going to head that way based on the type of jokes they were doing. In spite of all this, the film somehow managed to never irritate me. Perhaps because outside of one aspect (we know which one), I wasn't expecting real greatness.

But you know what? It's all water under the bridge at the end of the day--because this film gave me back my hero, and in full force.

As prettymuch everyone unanimously agrees, Michael Keaton rocked this sh*t, and he rocked it hard. Some of the best Batman stuff put to film--an older, trustworthy hero who, in spite of the amateurs he had to look after, never once lost his cool or failed. Calculating, quick thinking and the bravest man on the planet.

He prettymuch single-handedly rescued Supergirl (The Barrys were no help and despite Kara, I think he could have managed to take the guards on the surface), and while any Batman whooping Kryptonians is a tall order without them magic green space rocks, Keaton gave everything he had. Fought until his body could do no more. THAT's how a hero goes out.

The fact that he basically was a main character for the last hour and a half of the film just blows my socks off. It's fair that he not have more screen time than the main character, but in today's world, he could have easily been in the film much less--they gave me enough that I was satisfied, despite the fact we know there was the chance for more. With the plans for Keaton to stick around, they might easily have only had him in this for a measly fifteen or twenty minutes.

His heart-to-heart with Barry at the Batcomputer was a wonderful thing--his movies before were made in a time where too much dialogue from Batman would be demystifying, but in a world that fully embraces superheroes, Keaton finally gets to exposit a bit on Wayne's state of mind and it kind of brings a wonderful cap on his time in the cape and cowl. This is a man who has had time to reflect on his life and see it for what it is. No excuses and no regrets. After all, he succeeded in his task.

But when the world needed him, Batman returned.

His death scene was lovely--very meaningful to me and very reverently performed by Keaton. There was a great sense of acceptance on Bruce's part--again, no regrets. He knew the sacrifice he made had been worth it, even if it was doomed. After all, what more could he do? I think the only thing that could have brought him regret was a refusal to try.

What an experience. I'd probably give the film a 4/10, but Keaton makes it a 7.

Watched it earlier today It was a good film I enjoyed it more than I thought I would good performance by Keaton and Miller the rest were ok felt the ending was kind of rushed but I did like the choice Barry had to make it really made me sad

I’d give it a 7/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"