Logan Rate and Review the Second Trailer of Logan! Snikt!

4/5, the first was better but it was perfect so hard to beat it :D.
I think the point was to sell X-23 to the audience.

I hope they don't fall into the pitfall of some narratives (books, movies) where in order to show how cool and badass a new character is (X23) they weaken the previously badass hero (Wolverine).

Hopefully it's just the editing of the trailer but I can already see it here, Wolverine is (seemingly) easily defeated by Donald Pierce (shown stomping on Logan) and yet the Reavers are afraid of X23.

Well they are kinda passing Wolverine's torch to his 2.0. So that's not surprising. Anyway if it was me, I wouldn't include X-23 in this movie.

I hope they don't fall into the pitfall of some narratives (books, movies) where in order to show how cool and badass a new character is (X23) they weaken the previously badass hero (Wolverine).

Hopefully it's just the editing of the trailer but I can already see it here, Wolverine is (seemingly) easily defeated by Donald Pierce (shown stomping on Logan) and yet the Reavers are afraid of X23.

This is my only fear in what was otherwise a great second trailer, I wanted more action and the bits they teased looked like everything I wanted from a Wolverine movie, the bits in the forest especially but there was more X23 than Logan that does concern me a bit too.

On the whole though, Mangold appears to have created something unique and fresh in the genre like The Wolverine mostly achieved. For now I would say 4/5 seems fair as the trailer did the job of peeking my interest.

To me it seemed like Logan was taking a more diplomatic approach which in turn left him vulnerable to those attacks. Based on the dialogue we've heard so far it does seem like Logan is reluctant to get involved as he knows it will lead to violence. On the other hand X23 seems to be embracing her true nature.

It looks okay but I'm not blown away by it. Anything with Wolverine now induces a state of weariness, whatever new schtick they have come up with.

It just doesn't feel that fresh or original to me. I can see the influences of Unforgiven and Mad Max; the meta thing with the comic book feels inspired by Deadpool; and the R rating was because of Deadpool.

The thing I'm liking most is Donald Pierce and I'm curious how Caliban and Zander Rice factor into the story. Dafne Keen looks great but it feels a lot like another Wolverine.

It may turn out to be a great film but at this point i'm not feeling it, sorry.

5/5

I can't stop watching this trailer. I think it's perfect. Also, I am so not ready for whatever's gonna happen to Charles (not spoiling, just guessing). I only hope he goes out like a boss.

Looks awful for me.
Though x-23 looks to be ten times the Wolverine that Wolverine ever was in the films

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"