Venom RATE and REVIEW the teaser trailer of VENOM

Yeah not that great. Did noting to hook me in or make feel better about this movie being made.

Not that the movie looks bad, but this trailer just basically exists to say "Hey guys, we exist!!!" It offers little else and doesn't have any OMG! moments. Just kind of is there.

Would have loved to see Venom in a Venom trailer... But maybe I'm just greedy?

6/10, looks okay, fairly decent, mildly interested in this.

Honestly, it looks like the actual film will feature very few shots of Brock with the symbiote. We may get around a minute but it isn't looking good so far. This trailer really hurt my anticipation. It's just like New Mutants with no Demon Bear.

Honestly, it looks like the actual film will feature very few shots of Brock with the symbiote. We may get around a minute but it isn't looking good so far. This trailer really hurt my anticipation.

How can you determine that already?

Would have loved to see Venom in a Venom trailer... But maybe I'm just greedy?

You aren't. Like Venom is the first thing people are gonna expect from this but no! more face shots of Tom Hardy, so exciting. The symbiote is hardly exciting. People want to see the Venom.

It looked as if it belonged to Garfields' Spider-Man Universe.

5/10.

...there's not a single shot of Venom?

Come on, Sony.

Definitely not feeling it. As far as a rating, I don't know... maybe a four or five at the absolute most.

Not sure. If I didn't already know it was a venom film I would guess it was a typical crime drama/suspense film.

It's kinda like how they left Superman out of the JL trailers even tho we knew he was in it, dumb dumb dumb.
It has hardy so i'm sure it will be good tho.

Venom trailer, with too much water. 6/10 - IGN

Looks like a generic sci-fi thriller. They had one job they needed to do and that was show Venom. If we knew what his design was this wouldn't be such a problem, but you would still have a fairly generic teaser. With the question about Venom's design and his connection to Spider-man (spider emblem, powers) looming over this project they needed to show at least a shot of Venom. The teaser didn't deliver.

As others have said, it's the venom trailer, but no actual venom? Not even the briefest of teases?

I'll give it a 0/10, that's the best I can do. Very disappointing.

Really a pointless teaser. Sure, it's a 'teaser', but it's a teaser for a Venom movie - so why not show him? It'd be like releasing the teaser for a Spider-Man movie and not featuring Spider-Man. People are already on the fence, why release this now instead of a few months down the line when you have some CGI done and you can show the symbiote off? Generic teaser, ain't gonna win Sony any goodwill here

getting another "scientific experiment gone wrong" feel. Not enough at this point of the genre.

5. Nothing special at all.
Maybe I'm being generous... Yeah, too generous.

At this stage, a mediocre teaser doesn't really concern me at this stage. I would have preferred a better teaser, but it's whatever. Now, if next trailer does the same thing, panic is sensible. But, I doubt they would make that mistake twice.

I'd give it a 5 as well. Not awful just really generic and mediocre.

Looks pretty generic. And no Venom. :/

I don't necessarily mind not seeing Venom yet. I get that sometimes you can only show what CGI has been completed yet and you still need to get marketing started. But you still have to tease it. The problem with this trailer is that it's just generic and has no real identity to show the audience. Even something as simple as seeing a character's reaction to Venom's appearance. Or show him in shadows and silhouettes. Even just having Venom's voice say a line. The trailer needs to someway indicate a monster is coming. All we really get is that some guy's life went to ****, there was an accident, not some government/corporation conspiracy is after him and maybe he's crazy.

Not terrible, just generic. Still doesn't say much about the film, trailer's can be deceptive either way, but I got no hype from it. Probably the worse put together trailer I've seen in a while. Hopefully the next one will be more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"