The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually agree with your posts, but not this time. The TASM2 suit is essentially Raimi's suit with tweaks. It even uses the exact same brick pattern.

I originally agreed with you on them just jumping to a new design with no transition but that was before I saw the other set photos I just linked. If you take a look at those, you'll notice that a lot of the elements from the original suit remain. Elements such as:

-the black webbing (it only looks silver in the first photo released due to the lighting)
-the spider on the back
-the red area around the waist
-the design of the arms (same amount of red and blue as in the first suit)
-the spider on the chest still seems to have the back legs going down to his stomach (though the pic is a bit too blurry)
-the amount of red on the stomach and blue on the waists seems to have remained the same.

Thus it is a blend of the first suit with the suit from the comics/Raimi suit.

Only slightly better than Raimi's suit because of the eyes. The eyes alone can win me over, but the fact that it's the same texture, it has raised webbing and the chest symbol looks more like Raimi's than Webb's...it just makes me wanna cry(kidding, of course). The texture should've been the same as the first film's suit, the webbing should've still had a stitched-in look to it and the chest symbol should've been the same, albeit the legs could've been a tad bit smaller.

New set photos of the suit were posted in the general discussion thread, the spider is the same as in TASM, long legs, but not as long. The colors look more vibrant than the official photo as well, the blue looks the same as TASM suit. It's sort or a meld between the structure of Raimi's suit, with the details of TASM suit and something new (eyes).

because it's true!

you guys are NEVER satisfied. always whining and constantly complaining. it's ridiculous. can't be happy about anything.. it's nuts! lol

You can't throw everyone into the same pile. My nitpick was always that the TASM suit didn't look like the classic suit, because of the lack of a waist line, the added leg stripes, the shoes, the segmented gloves, all those details. I liked that they used flat webbing and preferred the material and textures over Raimi's suit.

You can't throw everyone into the same pile. My nitpick was always that the TASM suit didn't look like the classic suit, because of the lack of a waist line, the added leg stripes, the shoes, the segmented gloves, all those details. I liked that they used flat webbing and preferred the material and textures over Raimi's suit.

Most of the things you mentioned either equalled or bettered the classic design. I loved the idea or 'trainers' being used in the 'boots'. The segmented gloves just looked right IMO. It seemed to better balance the red and blue. The texture was really good also.

The leg strips, yeah, I could do without. The lack of belt was not an issue for me. I didn't miss it. But I wouldn't have been bothered to see it reinstated in to the TASM suit either.

Honestly, I'm not fussed. Raimi's suit was a Spider-man suit, basic taken from the comics and slapped on screen. It also looked really well made, like better than Peter had any right to make.

TASM suit on the other hand had lots of things I thought improved on that. The texture was nice, it looked far more flexable, and tougher. I actually liked the yellow eyes, but that's just me. The long spider legs were really nice. And the boot things I liked the design of but maybe silver wasn't the colour to go with. They only thing I was missing was the belt and honestly, it's not that important to me.

So yeh, if they were to mix the suits I'd rather the texture/material of TASM, no raised webbing, the belt, and just a more classic look.

Ugh. I much prefer the TASM one. Hate the raised webbing, as I always have.

I realize there are microscopic differences, but let's not BS. This is 99.5% the Raimi suit, with the new lenses Photoshopped onto it.

That said, wow. I mean.. they were going in this brave new direction with the suit, like Nolan did with Batman... and then they just totally backed down. Innovation? What's that?

What if The Dark Knight Rises used the Michael Keaton Batsuit, but with no yellow oval and a bigger bat emblem? That's what this feels like to me. In fact, it screams 'I'm a fan manip'!

I liked the Raimi suit, but it was time to move on to something fresh and new and creative. This is the direct OPPOSITE of that. The new series has all but lost it's unique visual edge now. Very disappointing.

Don't get me wrong. I love the lenses. I just wish we could have had something that wasn't so boring and 'been there, done that'. I had 3 Spider-Man movies with this costume. Do we really need to backtrack instead of blaze new trails??

This is how I feel about it too.

Take the ASM1 suit, put these eyes on it, and smooth out a couple of rough spots in the design. That would have been great and I would have been happy.

This is just dull. There are plenty of ways to make the suit more "comic accurate" without stealing the fabric right out of Raimi's closet.

See this is my main problem with complaints about the suit. With all the changes that they made to make the suit look more like the traditional yet keeping some trace of the old design, it's the use of fabric that really designates it as a Raimi rip off?

The more i see the set pics, the more it looks less like a Raimi rip off. In fact, so far, it just looks poor :(

I really hope we see a full body pic soon. And I hope that when the trailers hit, we see the costume in motion to get a fairer opinion of it.

See this is my main problem with complaints about the suit. With all the changes that they made to make the suit look more like the traditional yet keeping some trace of the old design, it's the use of fabric that really designates it as a Raimi rip off?

Not just the fabric, but the fact that they also use the exact brick pattern. Not just similar, exactly the same. And they added the raised webbing.

If you can show me, that would be great. I can't even see it.

(also, I never had an issue with the raised webbing on the Raimi suit.

Spider-Man-BTS-Costume-Photo-1.jpg

The webs are raised, but it's very subtle. I prefer this look. Here it is in different lighting:

79589.jpg

Way more interesting yet streamlined texture imo.

The webs are raised, but it's very subtle. I prefer this look. Here it is in different lighting:

79589.jpg

I saw it. Watching the film now. VERY hard to notice. But yeah, the TASM costume does not look good in those set pics, but looks GREAT on film.

I hope that's what's happening here with TASM2. I just wish they'd have kept the TASM suit, at the very least with minor changes. Shame they at least didn't keep the segmented gloves and longer boot (boots look smaller in the pics).

What I like about this costume is that it, coupled with Andrews body, literally looks as if JRJR's Spidey stepped right off the page. Love his version.

Basketball suit is gone.

I don't care if it looks like Raimi's suit.

It looks better than Raimi's suit and Garfield has the right head, neck, and body for Spider-man, so now everything looks perfect (Tobey was short and stubby and Raimi's suit needed better eyes, webbing and spider sign).

79589.jpg

Compared to the new eyes, it looks like Spidey is squinting here. :funny:

Compared to the new eyes, it looks like Spidey is squinting here. :funny:

Well to be fair, he's probably imagining how he's going to eviscerate Uncle Ben's alleged killer in that scene.

But yeah, I totally prefer the new eyes.

It's way too early to give an honest rating. But...based on the one official pic we do have; I'd say it's better than the Raimi suit.

It's way too early to give an honest rating. But...based on the one official pic we do have; I'd say it's better than the Raimi suit.

IMO, from those set pics, I'm not sure.

But agreed. Too early for anyone to give a fair opinion (though it wont stop us *****ing/praising it lol).

IMO, from those set pics, I'm not sure.

But agreed. Too early for anyone to give a fair opinion (though it wont stop us *****ing/praising it lol).

It's really difficult to tell from those crappy set pics, I agree. The eyes are awesome though, no question, and although I am not a fan of raised webbing; the fact that it is black instead of silver is a major improvement.

It's really difficult to tell from those crappy set pics, I agree. The eyes are awesome though, no question, and although I am not a fan of raised webbing; the fact that it is black instead of silver is a major improvement.

lol. I will question :oldrazz:. I think the new eyes are fine, but I do prefer the smaller eyes.

lol. I will question :oldrazz:. I think the new eyes are fine, but I do prefer the smaller eyes.

lol. :up:

I prefer like the bigger eyes. It reminds me of the Ultimate comic suit, which I happen to totally dig. Well, whatever differences we may have, we both greatly loved ASM. :cwink:

lol. :up:

I prefer like the bigger eyes. It reminds me of the Ultimate comic suit, which I happen to totally dig. Well, whatever differences we may have, we both greatly loved ASM. :cwink:

hehe

It all depends on how it translates on film. I will always hope for the best. I should learn my lesson after the TASM suit (which I didn't like at first, but now LOVE).

Bigger eyes = wider peripheral vision.

Bigger eyes = more emotive/youthful.

Win on two counts.

hehe

It all depends on how it translates on film. I will always hope for the best. I should learn my lesson after the TASM suit (which I didn't like at first, but now LOVE).

Exactly my issue as well. I don't really have any major concerns with the suit from what we've seen so far however I really hope they bring the same vibrant red and blues from the ASM suit.

Exactly my issue as well. I don't really have any major concerns with the suit from what we've seen so far however I really hope they bring the same vibrant red and blues from the ASM suit.

Yeah. This is initial to reaction to, in reality, very little. Nothing to get a fair opinion of it (both positive and negative).

Come better promo pics and a trailer, THAT'S when we'll get a fair opinion :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"