The Amazing Spider-Man ASM: Things to improve for the sequel

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
What needs to be improved for ASM2??

I'd say the costume right off the back.

Nah costume is fine imho, They need to improve the script (well they have someone working on the script) but they have to make a better written villan(memorable), they need to make the action feel more epic and the effects and keep the human interactions between characters and better editing

btw: Keep phrases like"Do you have trouble finding youself?" and "....But there is only one "Who am i?" out and..
tumblr_mb45zeO2gH1qcdjubo1_500.gif

Last edited:
What specifically was wrong with the script and action?

I'd like to see a few more characters.

Maybe set up some future villains.

What I've long wanted to see is just Spider-man facing a super-villain without them becoming integral to the plot.

Just open the movie with him fighting, let's say, Rhino, or Sandman. Some minor, but potentially visually impressive villain. Okay, probably not Sandman since he was in 3.

What specifically was wrong with the script and action?

well for me there was little things like the obvious comments like "Do you have trouble finding yourself?" and the fact that Doc. Connors was underdeveloped(idk if that was editing departement fault because they had Connor´s family in the cast) just little things ,Action for me didn´t feel big enough maybe a better setup but i liked what we got
they are improvements to what we got

and i hope they bring back the Uncle Ben´s killer

1.) Better script such as improving the dialogue in the scenes between Peter and Gwen(which I found boring), making a more coherent story from start to finish(finish off plots, don't start new ones and leave them wide open for a third installment), use more important characters wisely(*cough*Aunt May*cough*).

2.) Have a better, well-developed villain with no cheesy B-rated master plan.

3.) While I wouldn't ask for too many action scenes as three or four is quite enough, I would want them to be expanded and no one minute fights as we saw in the sewers with Spidey and Lizard.

4.) Touch up the final act and not make it so melodramatic where it becomes boring.

5.) Since Peter broke a promise we BETTER see some sort of outcome. At least make up for the worst part of TAS-M.

Since Peter broke a promise we BETTER see some sort of outcome. At least make up for the worst part of TAS-M.
what was that?

1.) Better script such as improving the dialogue in the scenes between Peter and Gwen(which I found boring), making a more coherent story from start to finish(finish off plots, don't start new ones and leave them wide open for a third installment), use more important characters wisely(*cough*Aunt May*cough*).

The first half was coherent enough but yeah, there needs to be a bit more consistency. Although the end of the movie with Uncle Ben's speech made it seem like those things are still in the mix and will be dealt with in the upcoming movie. Aunt May should have a bigger role in ASM2. She wasn't as important a character in ASM as some others though.

2.) Have a better, well-developed villain with no cheesy B-rated master plan.

I didn't mind the 'master plan' so much as I did that they completely left off his humanity. Where were the scenes with his family?? With a build up to the GG I'd expect them to make sure the villain is done justly. It needs to be done that way. A more well-rounded villain is a must for the sequel.

3.) While I wouldn't ask for too many action scenes as three or four is quite enough, I would want them to be expanded and no one minute fights as we saw in the sewers with Spidey and Lizard.

I agree. The sewer fight, although short, still had a great effect. You felt danger for Spidey. He's underwater and at a major disadvantage. The lead up to the fight was tense. I don't mind short action sequences as long as they are tension filled.

I hope Webb is able to step up his game in this dept. It looks as though with the new writers they've hired, the action set pieces should be quite marvelous.

5.) Since Peter broke a promise we BETTER see some sort of outcome. At least make up for the worst part of TAS-M.

I truly hope to see that outcome. But I disagree, the football was the worst part of the movie. :woot:

I can definitely see Orci and Kurtzman improving on that aspect for the sequel. As seen from their past work, they're really good at writing character interactions and dialogue. (i.e.- Lost, Fringe, Star Trek, etc.)

Also, the majority of the emotional baggage that he's carried all those years should be lifted off of his shoulders by that point (the end of the film seems to hint at that a bit), so I'd like to see Peter happier and enjoying life more (less of a jerk), as well as more quipping (more jesting, less mean-spirited) from Yours Truly. Again, Orci and Kurtzmann have no trouble writing good humor, knowing their resume.

Costume is fine. But I'd love to see the belt from the ASM video game.

Action was decent but I agree with AD, no one minute action scenes.

They can improve by allowing Marc Webb to return. Leaps and bounds my friends, leaps and bounds.

Continue to leave legitimate cliff hangers that are truly grounded in the story of the trilogy. Rather than trivial things.

Don't kill off main villains just because its easy. (not necessarily an improvement but something that they should keep in mind)

Last edited:
Some suggestions -

* Don't kill the villain (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Lizard all died in previous movies.)

* No more Sympathetic villains, Give Spider-Man the satisfaction of really defeating the villain, not just barely managing to defeat him.

* Show Peter Parker inventing some more stuff, like Spider-Tracers, Night vision Lenses etc.

* Don't show Gwen getting kidnapped in the final act by the Villain, we have seen that in every Raimi movie.

Some suggestions -

* Don't kill the villain (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, Lizard all died in previous movies.)
They already fixed that with the first film, Lizard didn't die dude.
* Don't show Gwen getting kidnapped in the final act by the Villain, we have seen that in every Raimi movie.
Well...err... they'll kind of have to do that with Gwen if they're doing what I think they're doing.

You have a point, but Lizard didn't die.

They already fixed that with the first film, Lizard didn't die dude.

Well...err... they'll kind of have to do that with Gwen if they're doing what I think they're doing.

Urmm... I watched the movie only once that too on the opening day so it has been some time now, I must have forgot some parts.

:oldrazz:

What if they keep Stacy alive till the third movie ?

Seriously, running a funeral parlor in the Marvel universe must be a very lucrative business.

Well, granted, Spider-man exists in his own film universe, but even here, seems like almost every movie has at least one funeral in it.

Urmm... I watched the movie only once that too on the opening day so it has been some time now, I must have forgot some parts.

:oldrazz:

What if they keep Stacy alive till the third movie ?

if its a trilogy , i wouldn´t end it in a sad note :csad:

What needs to be improved for ASM2??

I'd say the costume right off the back.

I love the new costume and hope they don't change it, or change it much.

I'd like to see them flesh out the "Untold Story" aspect and delve into what happened to his parents.

I'd like whatever villain they go with to be truly sinister and threatening, just balls to the wall.

While this isn't so much "improve on" per se, the thing I want to see most is Gwen's death and the heart-wrenching agony that it puts Peter through. Call me a sadist. Also want to see him come out the other side, of course.

Can't wait to see the next installment!

Last edited:
thats a good point

- don't do what people think you're going to do
(I hate when movies are too predictable)

Webb may feel its to early to bring back green goblin back and may feel its best to bring a brand new villian

maybe green goblin will appear at the end of the sequel setting up a 3rd

what fans want isn't always whats best for the film

Good, so you should have no problem mentioning four major weaknesses that need to be improved?

1. A less obvious and cheesy setup. (hey Peter Parker here is a device that can spread a gas across the city but we never turned it on. Gee I wonder what the villain will try to do in the climax)

2. Main characters deaths occurring in more meaningful ways. I never got the sense that he was obligated to stop the crim in ASM who killed UB. In Raimis original, he had just been in a situation where he was displaying his powers so you got the feel that not stopping the crim was a very selfish act. In ASM the thief runs past so fast and it's over.

3. Getting rid of cheesy moments like the football post, the game in the sewers on the iPhone (lizard would ave heard the sound echoing, idiotic) and the revealing himself to Gwen by webbing her arse

4. Don't be afraid to go with the original script because of negative feedback and interference by the studio. Removing lizards family was IMO a mistake. For me the origin retelling was so disappointing that the whole Peter being genetically altered by his father thing that was dropped may well have been an improvement. Nag Lee's HULK rules!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"