The Amazing Spider-Man ASM: Things to improve for the sequel

Possibly the only thing I really, really like on Webb's suit is the webshooters being outside. Maybe in the sequel they can lose that red light though.

Possibly the only thing I really, really like on Webb's suit is the webshooters being outside. Maybe in the sequel they can lose that red light though.

The red light works well in the dark, the red light does not bad to the suit at all.

The red lights work well in the dark? Kind of defeats any purpose for stealth if you ask me.

The red lights work well in the dark? Kind of defeats any purpose for stealth if you ask me.

Stealth, I'll agree to that. Still, if you can move as fast as a Spider and climb the walls I don't say you have much to worry about.

Even if he could move terribly fast though, the red light really does nothing. There's no reason for it, or as for what I can think of.

Even if he could move terribly fast though, the red light really does nothing. There's no reason for it, or as for what I can think of.

Sewer scene? It's a nice little touch to add, nothing to go "WTF OMFG SUCK S SUCKS" So once again dude I agree. Let's leave it at that yeah?

:woot:

I can't leave it at that now as I am confused. What about the sewer scene are you wanting to bring up? Haha.

I can't leave it at that now as I am confused. What about the sewer scene are you wanting to bring up? Haha.

The red lights, they showed where he was shooting the web lines. And the cranes, what I'm saying is the lights is a cool addition, and a good idea for the dark places.

Ahh, okay. I'll give you that the light was needed in the sewers, but could lead to Spidey having a signal on his belt, if he ever uses one, now. And for the crane scene, there were really enough lighting to lead his way. Webb's New York at night is very vibrant.

Ahh, okay. I'll give you that the light was needed in the sewers, but could lead to Spidey having a signal on his belt, if he ever uses one, now. And for the crane scene, there were really enough lighting to lead his way. Webb's New York at night is very vibrant.

I'll agree to Webb's NY.
I'm sure he'll think about bout the belt.

I don't care either way, but I have enough imagination to assume the lights were incorporated for some form of functionality, (remaining webbing, web consistency settings, hell even GPS)

I understand the mask has to come off but keeping it on in every battle up to the climax (where the mask always comes off) is a good compromise.

To think, people always hated on Raimi when Webb did the exact same thing...

tumblr_lmbz7vvCdq1qbdoduo1_500.gif

To think, people always hated on Raimi when Webb did the exact same thing...

tumblr_lmbz7vvCdq1qbdoduo1_500.gif

To be fair I absolutely LOVED when Spidey takes off the mask for the kid and tells him the mask will make him strong (maybe Peter feels the mask makes himself feel strong as well).

Moments the mask comes off;
Spidey unmasks for the kid - :up:
Spidey takes off his mask in the school - :down
Spidey has his mask off looking for the lizard in the sewer - :down
Lizard pulls off Spidey's mask in the climax fight - :up:

To be fair I absolutely LOVED when Spidey takes off the mask for the kid and tells him the mask will make him strong (maybe Peter feels the mask makes himself feel strong as well).

Moments the mask comes off;
Spidey unmasks for the kid - :up:
Spidey takes off his mask in the school - :down
Spidey has his mask off looking for the lizard in the sewer - :down
Lizard pulls off Spidey's mask in the climax fight - :up:

Do you mean when he is making the Web Trap? Because there are no cameras or anything to show that Peter is Spider-Man, thus no one could know about his identity under there. In the sewers, mask off does not matter at all. I mean seriously, who is going to see?

The homeless man...?

And he does take his mask off in the school, I agree I don't know why he did that.

Do you mean when he is making the Web Trap? Because there are no cameras or anything to show that Peter is Spider-Man, thus no one could know about his identity under there. In the sewers, mask off does not matter at all. I mean seriously, who is going to see?

The homeless man...?

And he does take his mask off in the school, I agree I don't know why he did that.

No, not the web trap, the bit where he is walking down the sewer and he is talking to Gwen on his mobile.

No, not the web trap, the bit where he is walking down the sewer and he is talking to Gwen on his mobile.

Oh but then again, no one can see it, so there is no need to worry about the identity is safe. Just a bunch of Lizards :woot:

Oh but then again, no one can see it, so there is no need to worry about the identity is safe. Just a bunch of Lizards :woot:

I see it like this, Peter is character and Spidey (with his mask) is a character. How much screen time did Spidey have? 10 minutes? 5?

Because there's a part in the movie that was, again, cut out. If you look at the suit after he gets thrown against the wall, you can see that the mask is ready to be pulled off. It doesn't have that seamless look anymore. Once he took his mask off it would have led into this...

Andrew-Garfield-in-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-library-stan-lee-cameo.jpg

No skateboarding montages...
Introduction and modernization of the Daily Bugle...
I'd also like to see Peter go to college but maybe that's pushing it.
And if they modified the costume design to look like the classic suit but kept the same colors and textures... Yeah I'd be the happiest man alive.
I like the redesign but I don't find it necessary.

I think the skateboarding montages are over. He showed off his moves after getting bit, and now maybe we will just see him skateboarding in a scene or two, that's it.

I doubt we will see Peter going to college in TASM2. Maybe he could be looking at colleges, and doing applications in the beginning, and graduate high school towards the end.

The costume is fine. It will probably have modifications, but not really like the classic suit.

I see it like this, Peter is character and Spidey (with his mask) is a character. How much screen time did Spidey have? 10 minutes? 5?
Spider-Man had much more screen time in Spider-Man (2002) and Spider-Man 2, although the second one started the whole trend of taking off the mask as much as possible (such as Peter unmasking after the train battle).

I think of all the movies, Spider-Man 3 was so annoying. We FINALLY get to see the black costume, and it has 2 minutes of screen time. Instead of keeping his costume on, he gives himself emo hair, and dances in the street. When he gets revenge from Harry, why didn't he keep his mask on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"