Homecoming Rate the new trailer

Isildur´s Heir;34548075 said:
1 -
5 - If you didn't understood the all "Disney Channel's Spider-Man" remark...not my problem.

Don't see the movie then... You won't be missed

There was not enough Stark in the trailer.

And already one of his friends have figured out he's Spider-Man.

I don't think you Spider-Man Movie only fans understand the concept of a cinematic universe.

This is why I compare Spider-Man movie fans to children in a sandbox not wanting to share their toys.

You have to give and take. This isn't Spider-Man's universe it's Iron Man's.

Iron Man literally upgraded the entire Avenger's except Thor. Everyone got upgrades from Stark (Widow, Hulk, Cap, Hawkeye, Vision, War Machine, Falcon etc).

"Actually he's the boss.... I just pay for everything and design everything, make everyone look cooler."

You honestly think Stark could upgrade the greatest heroes ever but can't make a damn Spider-Man costume. It's really ridiculous

Spider-Man is THE team up hero of Marvel I mean he even had his own team up series since like the 70's called Marvel Team Up every month Spider-Man worked with everyone Fury, Stark, Cap, Falcon, Rhodey, Wanda, Vision, Ant-Man, Wasp, Strange etc etc

Once you team up with Spider-Man your validated he knows everyone. Spider-Man is MADE for team ups more than any Marvel hero ever created

I think some of you forget that Spider-Man needed the MCU not the other way around

MTU009CVR_col.jpg

Also there really aren't secret identities in the MCU like that. Atleast one person knows who everyone is whether it's Daredevil or Ant-Man.

The whole secret identity trope is tiresome. It's actually refreshing his bff won't be out if the loop. That's a dumbass trope

Last edited:
I don't think you Spider-Man Movie only fans understand the concept of a cinematic universe.

This is why I compare Spider-Man movie fans to children in a sandbox not wanting to share their toys.

You have to give and take. This isn't Spider-Man's universe it's Iron Man's.

Iron Man literally upgraded the entire Avenger's except Thor. Everyone got upgrades from Stark (Widow, Hulk, Cap, Hawkeye, Vision, War Machine, Falcon etc).

"Actually he's the boss.... I just pay for everything and design everything, make everyone look cooler."

You honestly think Stark could upgrade the greatest heroes ever but can't make a damn Spider-Man costume. It's really ridiculous

Spider-Man is THE team up hero of Marvel I mean he even had his own team up series since like the 70's called Marvel Team Up every month Spider-Man worked with everyone Fury, Stark, Cap, Falcon, Rhodey, Wanda, Vision, Ant-Man, Wasp, Strange etc etc

Once you team up with Spider-Man your validated he knows everyone. Spider-Man is MADE for team ups more than any Marvel hero ever created

I think some of you forget that Spider-Man needed the MCU not the other way around

MTU009CVR_col.jpg

Also there really aren't secret identities in the MCU like that. Atleast one person knows who everyone is whether it's Daredevil or Ant-Man.

The whole secret identity trope is tiresome. It's actually refreshing his bff won't be out if the loop. That's a dumbass trope

It's not Iron Man's universe, it's the Marvel Universe.

Spider-Man is a solo character, that's why he was never in the original line up. Iron Man constantly making things is valid criticism, Peter's intellect is a key component.

Because Sony made a mess of things for themselves.

That title was basically a way to advertise other characters.
If not for that, he was more of a loner than most characters, including Daredevil.

I love secret identities, keeps the personal and the public sides easier to separate.

The trailer wasn't very entertaining for me but it made me think the movie looks good.

The trailer was okay (Good but not Great) but Keaton's Vulture got me hyped. He looked much better than what I thought he would look like. I like terrifying villains and I hope SM:H can deliver me one in the form of Vulture.

Surprisingly, I loved RDJ's appearance in the trailer and I hope there's more of him and Peter's interaction in the actual movie.

Man I had only seen the trailer with the voice over. I just watched the UK trailer above and hold crap it looks amazing! This movie literally in the last three minutes just jumped to the top of my list for movies I'm dying to see.

That title was basically a way to advertise other characters.
If not for that, he was more of a loner than most characters, including Daredevil.

I love secret identities, keeps the personal and the public sides easier to separate.

:up:

Isildur´s Heir;34548075 said:
1 - There was too much Stark in the trailer, if you can't see that, not my problem. You even have Iron Man and Spider-Man in the last shot.

2 - The ridiculous is that is not what Spider-Man should be.

3 - Since it's a school of gifted kids, i think it's as good as it gets. It looks exactly what i was expecting it to look.

4 - The problem is not that they are robbing ATMs, the problem is the lack of dramatic flair in comparison to the weapons used and the fight. It's like using a bazooka to kill an ant.

5 - If you didn't understood the all "Disney Channel's Spider-Man" remark...not my problem.

1 - It's a matter of opinion, not someone else's problem. Jeez, you come off as insufferable.

2 - Many people have many interpretations of what Spider-Man should be. This doesn't hold to all mine and clearly not to all yours, but yours isn't inherently more precious.

3 - ... ???

4 - OK, let's say you're in a gang of idiots who robs ATMs. You loot and loot and loot with some minor jail time in between every now and then. Aliens attack and their tech is showing up in your spots...what are you gonna do with it? YOU'RE GONNA ROB ATMS! It's not that hard, dude.

5 - There's apparently a lot of things that aren't your problem. This is nothing like that sh***y USM cartoon from what we can tell--very very little in common (thank God).

But seriously, if everyone else is too stupid to understand you and it's just not your problem, why are you posting?

I say, split the difference. Secret Identities are fine. "Keeping them from even your closest friends and family for no reason" are not. Nine times out of ten, it comes off as indulgent.

This was like the third Spider-Man comic I ever bought. The first two? Marvel Team-Up #8 featuring Spidey with Thor and Amazing Spider-Man #120 with Spidey facing the Hulk.

I have no problem with Pete sharing in the MCU.

2761711-1657.jpg

I say, split the difference. Secret Identities are fine. "Keeping them from even your closest friends and family for no reason" are not. Nine times out of ten, it comes off as indulgent.
In the case of the Lee era of comics, keeping a secret from his aunt was the best thing to do.
Anyway, this is one guy who drove some of his friends to seek vengeance against him after knowing who he is under the mask, keeping that secret from most of them is a saner idea.

Solid 8 for me. The movie looks like a legit Spider-Man movie set in a world full of heroes and seems to take a lot of inspiration from Bendis and Bagley's USM which I grew up with and absolutely love.

I think this trailer falls in line with many first teasers/trailers for solo MCU films. This trailer alone looks better than the TASM series.

I think this trailer falls in line with many first teasers/trailers for solo MCU films. This trailer alone looks better than the TASM series.

I remember loving teasers for both ASM movies.

I meant the trailer for SMH looks better than the full films for TASM1 and 2. The TASM films definitely had good trailers... but those were infinitely better than the actual movies.

I meant the trailer for SMH looks better than the full films for TASM1 and 2. The TASM films definitely had good trailers... but those were infinitely better than the actual movies.

Yeah I got that. They had some very good trailers that got me excited at the time. ASM left me cold and I can't stand ASM2 anymore.

The real issue with the ASM films is that I don't think they had any clue as to where they wanted to go or what kind of story they wanted to tell. They filmed so much, cut out so much and of course Arad and Tolmach stepped in and made revisions as they went along.

Is that not seemingly the case with this upcoming movie? How many writers have they credited to the film so far...5 or so. At this point, there appears to be lots of needless changes being made and who knows what kind of revisions they have made on top of that. I dunno but things seem kinda messy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"