Rate the Premiere! (Survival Of The Fittest and Interactions)

I really had no hope that this would be any good. I hate "The Batman", which is done in the same style, and I haven't enjoyed a Spidey seried since the EARLY episodes of the 90's series (pre-Carnage).
But I LOVE this show!

Character development, a supporting cast, angst, Peter the nerd, and Gwen Stacy....yeah, they've got a regular viewer right here!:applaud

I voted 10.I had low expectations,and was very impressed. The animation is simple but really shines during the action sequences. Plus Spider-man was actually funny.

I voted 10.I had low expectations,and was very impressed. The animation is simple but really shines during the action sequences. Plus Spider-man was actually funny.
Dialogue went somethin like

Electro: I'm....what do you call me?
Spider-Man: Lightning Butt?

LMAO :woot::applaud

I don't feel like reading 6 pages at the moment so I'll just say that I just saw the first episode on YouTube and it was good...I guess. The only problem I have with it is that Peter is too happy and things aren't really that bad in his life. If I'm not mistaken aren't things supposed to get worse for him when he becomes Spider-Man? I know it was the first episode but...how about when he arrives late to Connor's lab? How come no one said, "dude you're late! Don't let it happen again." Everyone seemed fine with him being late.

I got the impression that Peter Parker has just recently become Spider-Man... I would say within the last two or three months prior to the first episode. So far, the really only bad thing that has happened to him is losing Uncle Ben. I hope that as the series goes on, things will get progressively worse for him.

Were we watching the same fight scene? My excitement dropped the second I saw Ox man handling Spider-Man. Wait, since when can a regular human being almost squeeze the life out of someone whose almost 100 times stronger? This feels like the 90's series all over again in the power department. And don't give me that he's 16 and inexperienced crap. Even with that factored in, their strength shouldn't even be ANYWHERE close. And if that wasn't bad enough, they had OX tear the web like it was paper. Again, a regular human being treating 6X the strength of steel like that?

Then after that, they had fancy Dan going toe to toe with Spider-Man in a fist fight? The choreography was great.....if Spider-Man wasn't super powered. Not only was Dan as fast as Spider-Man, but then Spider-Man threw a punch and missed? Okay.......I guess the writers missed the part where Spider-Man has 16X the reflexes of a human, and again, even with the age and inexperience factored in, it shouldn't be close....at all.

Well... I'm probably the biggest complainer when it comes to how wimpy Spidey was in the '90s series, but I didn't really have a problem with this fight. Spidey had just taken a spill and nearly got splattered by that stone gargoyle, so he was a bit shakey. He was also used to fighting common, untrained thugs up until this point, so the Enforcers' skills caught him a bit by surprise. But even though he got roughed-up by them, not once did I feel like he was really getting hurt-- Ox hardly squeezed the life out of him-- Spidey could have broken free easily, but chose not to for fear of breaking Ox's arms in the process. If anything, it felt like here's a kid who's having fun with his new powers and finally feeling a bit of a challenge against skilled opponents, and he always holds back for fear of really hurting people. Ox breaking his webbing was the only problem I had, but I guess it wouldn't have been near as fun to watch if he managed to just web-up these guys and leave. In the old Lee/Ditko comics, these guys gave him problems too.

^ I did like the fact that Spider-Man hung Ox from a flag pole dozens of stories above the ground.

"I know you can rip right through this, but you might not want to..."

That was fun. :)

The line was more like:

"Now I know you can rip right through this, but I wouldn't recommend it..."

I agree. Funny line.

^ I did like the fact that Spider-Man hung Ox from a flag pole dozens of stories above the ground.

"I know you can rip right through this, but you might not want to..."

That was fun. :)

Yeah, that was great! I love how he clung to the side of the building with his feet. I really like the cinematic flare to these fights-- there's a lot going on, and Spidey really makes use of his environments!

my fav line was.

Vulture- I own these sky's!

Spider-Man- you may be right I just like to rent.

Funniest scene was sPidey jumping into Norman's limo as Vulture rips it up and making himself comfortable for two seconds. "Sunroof come standard?"

Well... I'm probably the biggest complainer when it comes to how wimpy Spidey was in the '90s series, but I didn't really have a problem with this fight. Spidey had just taken a spill and nearly got splattered by that stone gargoyle, so he was a bit shakey. He was also used to fighting common, untrained thugs up until this point, so the Enforcers' skills caught him a bit by surprise. But even though he got roughed-up by them, not once did I feel like he was really getting hurt-- Ox hardly squeezed the life out of him-- Spidey could have broken free easily, but chose not to for fear of breaking Ox's arms in the process. If anything, it felt like here's a kid who's having fun with his new powers and finally feeling a bit of a challenge against skilled opponents, and he always holds back for fear of really hurting people. Ox breaking his webbing was the only problem I had, but I guess it wouldn't have been near as fun to watch if he managed to just web-up these guys and leave. In the old Lee/Ditko comics, these guys gave him problems too.

I really don't buy the first bold comment above. And I agree, I especially the tearing through the web like it was toilet paper. The show would've gotten an easy 10/10 if that didn't happen.

Most of you guys can't tell me you weren't like "wtf?" when Ox did that, at least have him work on it for a minute.

Funniest scene was sPidey jumping into Norman's limo as Vulture rips it up and making himself comfortable for two seconds. "Sunroof come standard?"

That was my favorite part of the premiere.

Just watched the first 2 Episodes on Youtupe and i must say great show so far,parts of it are better done then in the Movies.

i finally got to watch the show and i have to say i enjoyed it. my only gripe is i REALLY dont like the character designs. and from an animator's stand point spidey's swinging can use some work; its pretty stiff. but besides that i think they got the feel of the early spiderman down nicely.

Im pretty impressed so far with the new cartoon. And speaking honestly I thought it was going to suck but dammit im hooked now! I love the blend of Ultimate Spiderman and 1960s spiderman, I laughed so hard at Peter when he went up to that chick to ask her out and he said "Im no wallflower!"

While I think the animation needs some touch ups Im on board all the way now!

The first two episodes were....well.....spectacular. I mean, I honestly expected this series to be good but it turned out much better than I thought. The little homage they did to the Spidey films in the second episode by having Spidey land on a train and by the way he climbed the buildings was just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"