Rate the Premiere! (Survival Of The Fittest and Interactions)

Never heard of him but OK.
Here you go bio for big man:

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/big_man.html
File Photo

big_man.jpg

Replace File Photo
Attributes

Height: 5'5" as Foswell, 6' plus as Big Man
Weight: Unknown
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Features: As the Big Man, Foswell wore a full-headed white mask, white gloves, and brown hat to completely cover him. He used special built-up shoes, an oversized padded jacket and a small amplifier to give the impression that he was a large, imposing figure. After his return from prison, Foswell's most distinguishing features were a pencil-thin mustache and a bow tie.
Summary

Created By: Stan Lee, Steve Ditko
Current Aliases: None
Former Aliases: Patch
Dual Identity: Publically known
Current Occupation: Deceased
Former Occupation: Daily Bugle Reporter
Citizenship: USA
Legal Status: Deceased
Place of Birth: New York, USA
Marital Status: Presumably married at one time (had daughter) but wife never mentioned.
Known Relatives: Janice (Daughter, deceased)
Known Confidants: J. Jonah Jameson, Betty Brant, Peter Parker, Mendel Stromm
Known Allies: The Enforcers
Major Enemies: Spider-Man, Kingpin
Usual Bases: None
Former Bases: New York City
Current Groups: None
Former Groups: Leader of the Enforcers
Education: College Educated
Powers & Paraphenalia

Strength Level: Normal Human
Powers: None
Abilities: The skill to organize and lead the mobs of New York
Equipment: Built-up Shoes, Padded Jacket, and Amplifier to disguise his identity.
Weapons: A Handgun and the Enforcers
Limitations: The Big Man's greatest strength was the illusion that he was an imposing crime figure. Once that was stripped away, his limitations seemed overwhelming, way too many to list here.

Background

Frederick Foswell was a short, slight, timid reporter for the Daily Bugle. Tired of playing the fool for J. Jonah Jameson, he used his reporter's skills and contacts to join with the Enforcers (Montana, Ox and Fancy Dan) and unite all of the mobs of New York. He wore built-up shoes and a padded jacket to disguise his identity. Even Spider-Man never truly suspected who the Big Man really was. But it was Spider-Man's intervention that resulted in the police discovering Foswell's secret.
Foswell never became the Big Man again. Upon his return from prison, he was rehired by J. Jonah Jameson. Initially suspected by Spider-Man of being either the Green Goblin or the Crime Master, Foswell was actually frequenting underworld hang-outs disguised as the stoolie known as Patch. (He wore a full-head mask of a man with a patch over his left eye.) In his capacity as reporter and stoolie, Foswell figured out the Crime Master's identity and tipped the police, ultimately resulting in the Crime Master's fatal shootout. He also worked with police against a cat burglar and tried to help Spider-Man discover the identity of the Master Planner. He became the Daily Bugle's best reporter. Spidey even began tipping Foswell off to his fights.
Later, Foswell achieved prominence when it was revealed that he was the cellmate of Mendel Stromm in prison and when, as Patch, he was the first one to discover that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. (Unfortunately for him, he also became the first person to fall for the fake conversation between Peter and Spidey, with a web dummy web-slinging away, thereby becoming the first person to believe that Parker and Spider-Man had a working relationship with the news photos.)
In his final appearances, when it seemed that Spider-Man had quit and the Kingpin of crime was reorganizing the underworld, Foswell reverted to his old ways. He first tried to take the Kingpin's place but failed. He settled for being his first lieutenant instead. But, at the end, when the Kingpin's men were trying to kill J. Jonah Jameson, Foswell could not let any harm come to the man who had trusted him after his time in prison and given him a job. Protecting Jameson, Foswell was gunned down by the Kingpin's men... dying a hero. The Big Man made one other appearance when Janice Foswell, Frederick's daughter took over the role. She was killed by her fiance, the new Crime Master. No one has worn the garb of the Big Man since.

Agreed. I believe, if I may be so bold, that this Spider-Man series has so far revamped Electro on the same level that Batman: The Animated Series did for Mr. Freeze--taking a B-list villain with weak motives and giving him A-list treatment and characterization.

Go ahead! Be so bold! He pisses excellence all over The Batman's Freeze anyway! And plus, any illogical behavior performed by Electro could be attributed to the increased electrical impulses firing in his brain as mentioned in the interview with his voice actor.

That said, I have a qualm with most electric themed heroes/villains and that is their inherent weakness against water. If Eels, Rays, and Pikachus are any indication, they should feel more at home in water rather than "short circuited" by it. I like how they gave Electro the throwaway explanation that "Eels evolved to an aquatic environment, Max did not."

Yea yw man, i also never knew who bigman was but i have heard the name before.

"Hehe...the cartoon is bringing out oldies that not even some Spidey fans know of."

Kinda like The Batman did. Ragdoll, anyone?

Hehe...the cartoon is bringing out oldies that not even some Spidey fans know of. :O
Yeah, lol, I knew about him much much much before this show. It is a good thing though because it shows how many Vilains from the classic comics that are being incorporated into this show.

So wait, did they not get the rights to Kingpin cuz of some kind of weird studio embargo or did they just decide not to use him yet? Cuz I know the FF cartoon couldn't use Surfer & Galactus.

There was so much wrong with the 90s show, it's pathetic. Let's see...

- Hobgoblin before the Green Goblin.
- Horrendous voice acting, especially Mary Jane.
- 90% of the series being stock footage.
- No Gwen Stacy.
- No Betty Brant.
- Electro being the Red Skull's son.
- Hobgoblin's super glider designed to sell toys
- Lame dimensional portals.
- Norman Osborn being Kingpin's *****.
- Doc Ock being Kingpin's *****.
- Tombstone's Joker rip-off origin.
- Crappy CGI backgrounds.

You forgot about the choppy animation,the crappy "trying not to be too violent" fight scenes,Madam Web having Beyonder like cosmic powers, Calypso's stupid origin,Uncle Ben being good friends with the Destroyer, those classic WW2 heroes origins and powers being tied into Captain America's origin,Black Cat's father being a teenager during WW2,and Captain America being lost in a pocket dimension.

i believe it is the legal bull since the show is made by sony and currently fox holds the rights to kingpin-daredevil/xmen/ff characters.

No, it was the Big Man. He was around in the classic Lee/Ditko days. Frederick Foswell.

Aloha,
You get the No Prize for knowing that bit of Spidey history. JJJ mentions Foswell when he goes into his rant so at some point we may see him.The Enforcers were intorduced in Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #10 along with The Big Man(Foswell). The Vulture in Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #2. Dr. Connors who later becomes the Lizard in #6 and of course Dr. Octavius (Doc Ock) in #3.We are going waaaay back.Forgive me if someone mentioned this already, but isn't Peter's ringtone The itsy bitsy Spider?
Spidey rules

Gwen- Why'd they have to make her so ugly? I mean, honestly, glasses and sweatpants? Ugh! ;) Seriously Pete, tap that before she gets thrown off a bridge.

Why does everyone think Gwen is ugly? I don't see what's wrong with her look.

OMG! I totally forgot to review JJJ! They totally nailed him! He's every bit as good in that minute on screen as Simmons was in the movies. Plus, the microbeard compliments the Hitler 'stache. It makes his facial hair look like an exclamation point!

One of my biggest complaints about the MTV toon was how he was so...regular sounding and there was never anything going on in his office.

They'll probably make Gwen HOT! when Peter goes out with another girl and she gets all jealous and tries to win his heart.

Anyone notice Betty give Peter a "Ooo la la" look when he was leaving the office.

"I'm not sure, but I'll have to check later."

It was. Caption said so.

"Why does everyone think Gwen is ugly? I don't see what's wrong with her look."

*sigh* Why does everybody take my little jokes so seriously? Really, man, if my weak argument, the " ;) " and follow-up sentence with the words "tap that" didn't tip you off that my calling her ugly was sarcasm then maybe this overly detailed explanation will.

"Anyone notice Betty give Peter a "Ooo la la" look when he was leaving the office."

It was subtle but yeah. :) I wonder how old Betty is? JJJ obviously doesn't think much of teenagers.

God, this show has a bigger ensemble cast than friggin X-Men Evolution did!

Anyone notice Betty give Peter a "Ooo la la" look when he was leaving the office.
Yeah, I noticed that. It's another nod to the comics because in the comics, Peter and Betty dated, but it wasn't something huge. That huge love was used on someone else who's life was taken from her, you guys know who I'm talking about. :up:

Why does everyone think Gwen is ugly? I don't see what's wrong with her look.

Bet it was sarcasm.

It's kinda like on that crappy "She's All That" movie where the "unattractive nerd" is actually a hot chick who happens to have glasses and wear overalls.

LOL Exactly! It was that "Ugh! She has glasses! And a ponytail! And are those paint stains on her overalls!? Oh God, have some self resPect!"

"I'm not sure, but I'll have to check later."

It was. Caption said so.

"Why does everyone think Gwen is ugly? I don't see what's wrong with her look."

*sigh* Why does everybody take my little jokes so seriously? Really, man, if my weak argument, the " ;) " and follow-up sentence with the words "tap that" didn't tip you off that my calling her ugly was sarcasm then maybe this overly detailed explanation will.

I knew that you weren't completely serious, but there are other people who are, and it's been annoying. I just posted my thoughts on this board, because it just happened to mention it.

I loved when Peter's confrontation with Sally Avril, pretty much sums up the Parker Luck!:woot:

The battle with Fancy Dan and Ox is easily the best fight scene in any Spidey cartoon, just so fast paced and choreographed perfectly. The final battle with Electro was very exciting. I think now that it is best to not do direct adaptations of the comics because you would know what would happen, this is much better. And judging by what Victor Cook is saying we'll be getting alot more awesome fight sequences.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"