Rate V for Vendetta

slipknotrocks said:
It was a tad to political for me to enjoy. I know its part of the movie but I felt like it was preaching at me. And Yes i am conservative,lol. That maybe why it felt like that.

I agree. Also a little too political for me, but overall I really enjoyed it.

If I just want to see Politics, I'll watch CNN and the O'Reily Factor.

I thought it was really quite great
More enjoyable than the book

My only complaint is Portman's poor attempt at sounding British. That is, of course, my opinion, seeing how I'm neither a linguist nor a Brit. I thought she sounded rather fake.

Zellweger and Jolie came off pretty good with Brit accents. But not Portman, I'm afraid.

Do you guys think the wachowski brothers, would be good producers for Metal Gear solid?

slipknotrocks said:
I do have to admit the best fight scene Ive seen in a long time!

The fight scene was awesome.. And bloody. There were 4 year olds in the cinema with me. They're parents were nuts. :eek:

Darth Elektra said:
Do you guys think the wachowski brothers, would be good producers for Metal Gear solid?

Hey!:mad:

Stop putting Uwe Boll out of business!!!

:mad:

People, I have not seen it yet. In my country it will be realesed on April 20th, but I want to know one thing.

WAS THERE TRAIN SEQUENCE???

Cinemaman said:
People, I have not seen it yet. In my country it will be realesed on April 20th, but I want to know one thing.

:confused: :confused: what?

the watchowskys are gods:up:

I haven't seen it yet, and I really want to becuase I love the book, but would really have to be very good to be the best film of 2006?

Like i mentioned before, i don't think this film was graphic enough to get an R rating. That being said one scene bothered me at the begining; the scene where Guy Falkes is captured after trying to blow up Parliment. Now this movie was already R rated, why not then us show how Guy Fawkes really died instead of giving us a watered down version of his death? History knows that Guy Fawkes was tortured on the rack for days then he was hung, draw and quartered, which was a really terrible-painful way to die. He was not just simply hung. Someone really ****ed up on the research of that scene...

Cinemaman said:

Yes,There is a train sequence.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Like i mentioned before, i don't think this film was graphic enough to get an R rating. That being said one scene bothered me at the begining; the scene where Guy Falkes is captured after trying to blow up Parliment. Now this movie was already R rated, why not then us show how Guy Fawkes really died instead of giving us a watered down version of his death? History knows that Guy Fawkes was tortured on the rack for days then he was hung, draw and quartered, which was a really terrible-painful way to die. He was not just simply hung. Someone really ****ed up on the research of that scene...

I was looking forward to seeing that too.

the domino scene was f***ing brilliant!.....

was that in the book??? (i never read it)

xwolverine2 said:
the domino scene was f***ing brilliant!.....

was that in the book??? (i never read it)

Yes, but the book's version isn't anywhere near as elaborate.

i wonder if they actually set up all those thousands of dominos for the movie???

Golgo13:The Hitman said:

I think it was simply a case of cutting to what was important with that sequence. Namely, there was a guy (no pun intended) named Guy Fawkes. Fawkes had an idea. He died, but the idea didn't. That he suffered terribly before dying isn't of any relevance to the story of the movie.

Mr. Socko said:
I agree. Also a little too political for me, but overall I really enjoyed it.

If I just want to see Politics, I'll watch CNN and the O'Reily Factor.

But that's what the book was about, it doesn't detract from the story. Since politics gone wrong IS the story. But whatever, I respect your opinion.

Competently-made and entertaining, but a little too blatant in it's Bush/Conservatives-are-bad message.

Cinemaman said:
Thanx God!!!

Not the same one youre thinking of I believe. I think you want the scene where V kills a whole bunch of guys and kidnaps the Voice, Porthero. Thats not in the movie.

Darthphere said:
Not the same one youre thinking of I believe. I think you want the scene where V kills a whole bunch of guys and kidnaps the Voice, Porthero. Thats not in the movie.

But was there scene with explosion???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"