Rate V for Vendetta

yeah...Unless Portman Dons the mask. but there was never anything written after that.

ya but you just can't replace Hugo's voice. *he rox*

I say we do a petition/campaign for Hugo to be nominated for Best Actor next year for the Academy Awards.

He deserves it and he was flat out amazing. :up:

LastSunrise1981 said:
I say we do a petition/campaign for Hugo to be nominated for Best Actor next year for the Academy Awards.

XWOLVERINE2 AGREES!!!!

He better or tons of people will be pissed!!!!!!

all im asking for is a nomination not a win!!!!!!

i swear ill come for you ,you elderly oscar bastards!!!!

lol

LastSunrise1981 said:

Its a little early, but for now you got my vote.

INdeed. However, I doubt they'll nominate him in a sci-fi film out this early where he is mostly mysterious and you can't see his face.

However, if the studio really pushed it (which I doubt they would) I could see Natalie Portman getting nominated for an Oscar or at least a Golden Globe. But it iwll probably be ignored like Sin City, enfortunately enough though.

cyborg ninja 14 said:
Like how V managed to mass produce thousands of costumes and ship them everywhere. Just one example.

I'm not following you here? :confused:

If you're saying what I think you're saying, then it's perfectly obvious he had thousands of spares. :)

DACrowe said:
INdeed. However, I doubt they'll nominate him in a sci-fi film out this early where he is mostly mysterious and you can't see his face.

However, if the studio really pushed it (which I doubt they would) I could see Natalie Portman getting nominated for an Oscar or at least a Golden Globe. But it iwll probably be ignored like Sin City, enfortunately enough though.

That's what I'm saying though. He portrayed the role so damn good and you couldn't see his face. He conveyed so much emotion even behind the mask and it was done brilliantly.

All I'm asking for is he gets nominated at least.

cyborg ninja 14 said:
Like how V managed to mass produce thousands of costumes and ship them everywhere. Just one example.

That's not a plot hole. A plot hole is a hole in the internal logic set up by a movie.
For instance, the Back to the Future movies have some enormous plot holes due to constantly changing the idea of how time travel works.
Another example would be from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indy makes a mistake when spelling out Jehova with a J, instead of an I (as in latin). The letter he steps on crumbles - thus establishing the kind of trap the whole thing is - but he catches himself on an adjacent letter. The letter he holds on to is not a letter in Iehova either (so why didn't it crumble, as established that it would?).

Now, in the internal logic of V For Vendetta we do in fact get to know that V is quite resourceful. He can make theatrical masks, steal stuff from government buildings, and transports (indicating some form of access to government transports as well), etc. Taking this into consideration it's not at all moving from the premises set up by the movie that he could get ahold of a lot of Guy Fawkes masks, especially considering he has had a very long time since he started planning his "revenge" (something like 20 years, right?).
You might question that someone could be this resourceful, but that's another discussion, and not one about plot holes.

It'd be hard for Hugo to be nominated, since he was faceless. But I concur, he does deserve it.

Darth Elektra said:
The critics are hailing this film as "the first best film of 06". So what did you think about it?

Post your reviews here:
Im going to see it tonight at the 10pm showing,I'll post my review up then.
it was the best movie I've seen seen LOTR wrapped...made me happy to be at the movies

cyborg ninja 14 said:

Ever think that he may have found a ton of the same costumes sometime in the past? It's possible that he had them for years before he made his attack plans. As for shipping them............he hijacked FedEx?

v for vendetta was f***ing awesome!!!!!

and i saw it in imax :eek:

hugo deserves atleast a nomination. everyone in that film every detail the music the acting. it was an amazing film. definetly the best i've seen this year.

I wasn't expecting 'V' to make a lot of money. It wasn't meant to be a money maker. Like Sin City, it will be a moderate sucess at the box office, but a great sucess criticially.

Octoberist said:
I wasn't expecting 'V' to make a lot of money. It wasn't meant to be a money maker. Like Sin City, it will be a moderate sucess at the box office, but a great sucess criticially.

Agreed. I think it will hardly make a bit more than $80m, what isn't so bad for movie with $55m budget.

Tsunulia said:
Ever think that he may have found a ton of the same costumes sometime in the past? It's possible that he had them for years before he made his attack plans. As for shipping them............he hijacked FedEx?

What could Brown do for you?

Was there Shadow Gallery?

And did V for Vendetta have holes in storylines???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"