Ratner Reveals X3 Moment

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
Ratner Reveals X3 Moments

Brett Ratner, director of the upcoming SF sequel X-Men: The Last Stand, told SCI FI Wire that the third installment in the hit comic franchise is loaded with both huge set pieces and quieter, more reflective character moments. "The megamovie moment is in the trailer, and that's ripping the [Golden Gate] Bridge out of the ground and moving it," Ratner said in an interview. "That's a mega-mega-mega-movie moment. Even I'm blown away when I see it. The pieces that it took, that we shot, to get that to work—from the plates to the sky shots to the making of the bridge in miniature to CG enhancements to real elements of people running—it was insane. There must be 20 different elements to make one shot of the bridge look real. So as far as technology is concerned that's a major mega-moment in cinema. I'm telling you, my mouth drops when I see the final shots."

As for a quieter moment? Ratner pointed to a spoiler scene between Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and a pre-Dark Phoenix Jean Grey (Famke Janssen). "Wolverine is looking at Jean after she's come back," Ratner said. "They're in the infirmary, and he's looking down at her. It's a great moment, because you see that he loves her. He's staring at her with love, because he doesn't know if she's going to live or die, and all of a sudden she grabs his hand. That's reminiscent of [a similar scene in] the first movie, when he grabbed her after he'd been unconscious, when she was looking at him, in a different way, of course. But that, I thought, was a beautiful moment." X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=35803

Sounds pretty awesome. :up: Can't wait to see the mega-mega-mega-movie moment. ;)

The Jean/Logan scene in the infirmary may give the audience a little bit of breathing room after all that's happened. Good to hear. :up: And then the action picks up again. :p Non-stop action, this movie will be.

gate bridge is going to be really awesome must be where all the money has gone !

Electrix said:
Quote:
Ratner Reveals X3 Moments

Brett Ratner, director of the upcoming SF sequel X-Men: The Last Stand, told SCI FI Wire that the third installment in the hit comic franchise is loaded with both huge set pieces and quieter, more reflective character moments. "The megamovie moment is in the trailer, and that's ripping the [Golden Gate] Bridge out of the ground and moving it," Ratner said in an interview. "That's a mega-mega-mega-movie moment. Even I'm blown away when I see it. The pieces that it took, that we shot, to get that to work—from the plates to the sky shots to the making of the bridge in miniature to CG enhancements to real elements of people running—it was insane. There must be 20 different elements to make one shot of the bridge look real. So as far as technology is concerned that's a major mega-moment in cinema. I'm telling you, my mouth drops when I see the final shots."

As for a quieter moment? Ratner pointed to a spoiler scene between Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and a pre-Dark Phoenix Jean Grey (Famke Janssen). "Wolverine is looking at Jean after she's come back," Ratner said. "They're in the infirmary, and he's looking down at her. It's a great moment, because you see that he loves her. He's staring at her with love, because he doesn't know if she's going to live or die, and all of a sudden she grabs his hand. That's reminiscent of [a similar scene in] the first movie, when he grabbed her after he'd been unconscious, when she was looking at him, in a different way, of course. But that, I thought, was a beautiful moment." X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26.http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=35803

Meanwhile Cyclops is dead and unmourned.

They can all go straight to hell.

Kurosawa said:
Meanwhile Cyclops is dead and unmourned.

They can all go straight to hell.
You don't know that.
ignore0un.gif

Electrix said:
Oh be quiet!

Sorry, but the entire Cyclops thing is too disgusting for me to just gush over the movie.

Well Cyclops doesnt need bringing into every thread

Kurosawa does have a point though, i havent seen or heard about any shot were Cyclops is mourned after his death.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Kurosawa does have a point though, i havent seen or heard about any shot were Cyclops is mourned after his death.
You're not supposed to.

Why not Lex, they have showed Wolvie and Storm mourning over Prof X and the funeral scene, so why not show them mourning Cyclops?

Funeral? I thought it was a memorial. And what are you talking about? Professor Xavier? Is it confirmed?

Cyclops and Xavier won't be dead for sure until May 26th. Right now they are very much breathing, and even after the 26th they may be.

I knew that scene was supposed to be reminiscent of the scene in X1... :) He grabbed her...and now its her turn to get him back for what he did. hehehe.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Funeral? I thought it was a memorial. And what are you talking about? Professor Xavier? Is it confirmed?

I think it's a safe bet to say that the memorial is for Jean. But as far as anything else being written in stone, nothing is confirmed and certain overzealous/paranoid fans know that.

JustABill said:
Cyclops and Xavier won't be dead for sure until May 26th. Right now they are very much breathing, and even after the 26th they may be.

Yep, ya never know.

Kurosawa said:
Sorry, but the entire Cyclops thing is too disgusting for me to just gush over the movie.

Feel free to "gush" over the Cyclops thread then. ;) It really isn't necessary to derail this thread so early; we haven't even discussed the article yet! :o

Anyway, I like how this film appears to be answering some of the first twists in X1. Like the whole reversal of Jean on the table and grabbing Logan's hand. Seems like there will be a similiar deal where once again Storm will challenge Logan to "join us, fight with us!" when she states "If you're with us, then be with us." These are matters critical to the relationships of these characters so it will be nice to see them sewn up.

I hope that's just brotherly love now...:o

Lightning Strikez! said:
Feel free to "gush" over the Cyclops thread then. ;) It really isn't necessary to derail this thread so early; we haven't even discussed the article yet! :o

Anyway, I like how this film appears to be answering some of the first twists in X1. Like the whole reversal of Jean on the table and grabbing Logan's hand. Seems like there will be a similiar deal where once again Storm will challenge Logan to "join us, fight with us!" when she states "If you're with us, then be with us." These are matters critical to the relationships of these characters so it will be nice to see them sewn up.

its all about continuity(sp?) and thats a good thing right? hehehe. I agree with you LS. :up::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"