Ratner Reveals X3 Moment

"It's a great moment, because you see that he loves her. He's staring at her with love,"

:rolleyes: Yea ok whatever. He doesnt even know the goddamn woman.

This sounds great. Big bridges collapsing and a reverse scene from x1. woo hoo!

JustABill said:
Cyclops and Xavier won't be dead for sure until May 26th. Right now they are very much breathing, and even after the 26th they may be.
I love how you said that...
00000018.gif

conan69 said:
"It's a great moment, because you see that he loves her. He's staring at her with love,"

:rolleyes: Yea ok whatever. He doesnt even know the goddamn woman.

hahaha, good to know I'm not the only one who thinks it's all a bit forced in the movies...

is it me, or does it seem like this Jean Logan relationship is a bit forced, I mean, for the way Ratners talking, Logan's deeply madly in love with Jean, HOW??? if we got by movie time, Logan's know her for what a couple days?? maybe a week when you add them all up. X1 was over a span of a couple days, then Logan left, then X2 took place over a couple days.......... Jean and Scott have known each other for years, heck they even share a room together, and we are supposed to beleive that her and logan hav this strong bond??? Give me a break.......

JokerNick said:
is it me, or does it seem like this Jean Logan relationship is a bit forced, I mean, for the way Ratners talking, Logan's deeply madly in love with Jean, HOW??? if we got by movie time, Logan's know her for what a couple days?? maybe a week when you add them all up. X1 was over a span of a couple days, then Logan left, then X2 took place over a couple days.......... Jean and Scott have known each other for years, heck they even share a room together, and we are supposed to beleive that her and logan hav this strong bond??? Give me a break.......

In a sense Logan does love her. It was very much like this in the comics and the animated series, it's not exactly far-fetched or a forced theory since they're staying true to the material.

One doesn't need to know a person to fall "in love" with them. There are what can be viewed as harmless crushes and so forth, which is exactly what Logan has for Jean. He loves her, but she doesn't love him the way that he does her. So as I said, it's not exactly a forced theory.

agreed, it was handled pretty poorly. the only reason everybody just accepts that logan loves her is because according to the comics he's supposed to.

LastSunrise1981 said:
In a sense Logan does love her. It was very much like this in the comics and the animated series, it's not exactly far-fetched or a forced theory since they're staying true to the material.

One doesn't need to know a person to fall "in love" with them. There are what can be viewed as harmless crushes and so forth, which is exactly what Logan has for Jean. He loves her, but she doesn't love him the way that he does her. So as I said, it's not exactly a forced theory.

Exactly. and thank you. :)

Its a crush. I have a crush on Jean...and Scott...and all the x-men. does that seem forced? no...

JokerNick said:

This situation is not unique in movies. It happens all the time. And there is precident in the comics as well. This just didn't emerge from thin air.

LastSunrise1981 said:

but Ratner is stating it as love IMO, Logan is infatuated with Jean, and Jean has a school girl crush on logan, it's nothing more........ they better not take it any farther then that, Jean even said in X2, "you flirt with the bad boy, you take the good guy home" or something like that

Jan Irisi said:
This situation is not unique in movies. It happens all the time. And there is precident in the comics as well. This just didn't emerge from thin air.

but does it make this right........... how are you going to feel f Logan ends up reasoning with Jean and bringing her back to the good side

JokerNick said:
but does it make this right........... how are you going to feel f Logan ends up reasoning with Jean and bringing her back to the good side

I know it won't happen that way.

I am willing to accept Logan's feelings for Jean, because there is prededent. But I know full well that it won't end up as you described.

Jan Irisi said:
I know it won't happen that way.

I am willing to accept Logan's feelings for Jean, because there is prededent. But I know full well that it won't end up as you described.

I hope your right, but I don't know, I got a feeling it will..........

there's a precedent in the comics, but for people who don't know the comics or haven't watched the cartoon, it's probably coming off as forced......

I;ve recently seen the cartooons and I don't find it forced. And I found a new appreciation for Scott and Jean. I can't count how many times he got owned by Phoenix in the sagas... but there were moments. Same with Logan..heh. When he tries to kill her but he can't bring it upon himself.. i was like whoa..and here Jean does say "Kill me" in the x3 trailer. Dark ... and disturbing.

Why is it that everyone has such opposition to anything that deals with this film? One comes onto any board and it's constant negativity or anger over matters that have either been set up in the previous films or things that people have no control over.

Logan Loves Jean. It's been very much a forefront in the films. Love is relative. It changes amongst people. The first film spanned out quite some time, and Although Logan and Jean haven't known one another as long as Scott and Jean doesnt mean that there cannot be a sense of love. Logan is a closed off man, very rarely attaching to anyone or anything. He leaves everything at every opportunity. For him to let his guard down and fall for Jean says something in Itself. In my opinion, Jean also feels the same for Logan in a sense. But her hesitancy comes from her ideals of stability. Her quote in X2 is derived from an excuse she's presenting herself and almost says that if he was more stable and stuck around, things could work. If anyone here has truly been stuck between being with a person that has been a stable person for you in your life and someone you've recently met and come to connect with, you would understand Logan and Jean's situation. Also, If Cyke dies, he dies. James Marsden was tied up, Im sure the studios were given contraints and worked with what they could. It's unfortunate for Cyclops fans, but if it happened, it happened for a reason and in vein.

And just as an end note, If so many people apparently hate/disagree with every choice on these films, why are you on these boards? Why participate if it's taking so much out of you? Why even watch the films? Go write one yourself and see if you can create these lovely characters any better. I appreciate this world, it's an escapism for some and it's upseting to constantly hear negativity.

I hope the GG Bridge scene will be a classic movie moment, a moment people will talk about for a long long time.

For the Jean/Logan thingie, stop whining already. Not every bit of new info needs to be disected.

Lazmarquez said:
Why is it that everyone has such opposition to anything that deals with this film? One comes onto any board and it's constant negativity or anger over matters that have either been set up in the previous films or things that people have no control over.

Logan Loves Jean. It's been very much a forefront in the films. Love is relative. It changes amongst people. The first film spanned out quite some time, and Although Logan and Jean haven't known one another as long as Scott and Jean doesnt mean that there cannot be a sense of love. Logan is a closed off man, very rarely attaching to anyone or anything. He leaves everything at every opportunity. For him to let his guard down and fall for Jean says something in Itself. In my opinion, Jean also feels the same for Logan in a sense. But her hesitancy comes from her ideals of stability. Her quote in X2 is derived from an excuse she's presenting herself and almost says that if he was more stable and stuck around, things could work. If anyone here has truly been stuck between being with a person that has been a stable person for you in your life and someone you've recently met and come to connect with, you would understand Logan and Jean's situation. Also, If Cyke dies, he dies. James Marsden was tied up, Im sure the studios were given contraints and worked with what they could. It's unfortunate for Cyclops fans, but if it happened, it happened for a reason and in vein.

And just as an end note, If so many people apparently hate/disagree with every choice on these films, why are you on these boards? Why participate if it's taking so much out of you? Why even watch the films? Go write one yourself and see if you can create these lovely characters any better. I appreciate this world, it's an escapism for some and it's upseting to constantly hear negativity.

I so been there...and I can relate. when I met this bruenette woman and we had a fling. er. okay yeah after that it kinda hurt when she had to move away plus she was with a guy.... so I understand the J/L situation.

I agree 100% With your post. :up:

Lazmarquez said:

The reason we are negative is because for true X-Men fans (not saying your not one of them, but i dont know you, you may be you may not) there is so much wrong with this movie. Do you know Cyclops' significance in the Pheonix saga, he is the one who brings her back, no one else, Xavier may shut the Pheonix off from Jeans mind, but it is Cyclops who makes Jean fight against the Pheonix in the first place, and try to take control. The love of Logan of Jean, is nothing compared to the love of Jean and Scott, and never will be, so i think we have a right to be pissed off that Wolverine will be getting centre stage in a saga he barely contributed to in the cartoons. I love Wolverine as a character, and i love Jackmans portrayal of him, but Cyclops should have been front and centre in this movie. There are many other reasons for the negativity as well but i have rambled enough.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The reason we are negative is because for true X-Men fans (not saying your not one of them, but i dont know you, you may be you may not) there is so much wrong with this movie. Do you know Cyclops' significance in the Pheonix saga, he is the one who brings her back, no one else, Xavier may shut the Pheonix off from Jeans mind, but it is Cyclops who makes Jean fight against the Pheonix in the first place, and try to take control. The love of Logan of Jean, is nothing compared to the love of Jean and Scott, and never will be, so i think we have a right to be pissed off that Wolverine will be getting centre stage in a saga he barely contributed to in the cartoons. I love Wolverine as a character, and i love Jackmans portrayal of him, but Cyclops should have been front and centre in this movie. There are many other reasons for the negativity as well but i have rambled enough.

I understand where you're coming from because i understand the comic book history, having read since i was a child. But this is the movie universe and things are different. Yes, It would have been a great opportunity to showcase Cyclops, but once again I reiterate. James was busy with another production. This caused constraints with schedule. Neither movie was going to budge in terms of this schedule, so they worked with what they had. Now Logan will be filling this void. It makes sense to the films, and this is what matters most.

Lazmarquez said:
I understand where you're coming from because i understand the comic book history, having read since i was a child. But this is the movie universe and things are different. Yes, It would have been a great opportunity to showcase Cyclops, but once again I reiterate. James was busy with another production. This caused constraints with schedule. Neither movie was going to budge in terms of this schedule, so they worked with what they had. Now Logan will be filling this void. It makes sense to the films, and this is what matters most.

Well i dont agree with your view point, not starting an argument but i dont. I would rather have seen them delay the movie for a year so we could get a better, more accurate adaptation.

Delay a 200 million dollar movie with 20+ cast members because one cast member does another film?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well i dont agree with your view point, not starting an argument but i dont. I would rather have seen them delay the movie for a year so we could get a better, more accurate adaptation.

They did what they had to do. A delay could have meant losing most if not all of the actors, or even that the film could have been scrubbed altogether. They had to make do with the situation they had, the personel they had and the time they had. You may not like it, and it may well suck, but them's the breaks.

Hum...he said he likes the scene between Jean and Logan. Who said that the best scenes are Jean and Logan and Rogue e Logan??? I heard it here in some topic...Of course it was someone from the movie but i can't remember.

JokerNick said:
but Ratner is stating it as love IMO, Logan is infatuated with Jean, and Jean has a school girl crush on logan, it's nothing more........ they better not take it any farther then that, Jean even said in X2, "you flirt with the bad boy, you take the good guy home" or something like that

You are correct in that department. Logan is in love with Jean, but I always got the feeling that Jean respected him and liked him, it's basically a one sided deal and that's how it should remain.

I think they just wanted to add a bit of extra spice and emotion when it came to Logan and Jean. Now, as far as I can remember, and don't hold me to this because it's been a while. However in the comics and the animated series, Jean never showed the same feelings back and I think that's why Logan has such resentment towards Scott.

He feels he has something more to offer than Scott does. I definitely don't think they'll go that route though in this movie, I believe they'll maintain the comic faithfulness and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"