Re: 2012 NFL Thread: Where Jaguaring Happens - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a WR will blow out his knee in camp, I doubt we've seen the last of Ochocinco.

And on the way out he should remind Plax and TO where the exit is.

Why should Plax leave? He tied his team for the lead in touchdown receptions last year? That guy still has a lot to play for, hell he is working outfit the Pats today. Chad can still play too, in his prime? No. He is still a upgrade over any other WR on the free agent market, a team that desperately needs a deep threat could benefit from him on the team.

So apparently Andrew Luck has become a legend for throwing a 5-yard shovel pass to a runningback who took it 63 yards through a Swiss cheese defense and scored a touchdown in a preseason game.

Why should Plax leave? He tied his team for the lead in touchdown receptions last year? That guy still has a lot to play for, hell he is working outfit the Pats today. Chad can still play too, in his prime? No. He is still a upgrade over any other WR on the free agent market, a team that desperately needs a deep threat could benefit from him on the team.

Because I think they're 3 prima-donna's that the league is better off without.

So apparently Andrew Luck has become a legend for throwing a 5-yard shovel pass to a runningback who took it 63 yards through a Swiss cheese defense and scored a touchdown in a preseason game.

He's looked as good as any quarterback that's taken a snap in the preseason so far and I've watched near to every game. Don't get me wrong, the whole touchdown on the first past thing is over-blown (as was Matt Ryan's first pass touchdown thing), but he really is the real deal.

Throwing balls away when there was nothing there, hurrying up when a play could have been reviewed, holding the safety off with his eyes on the touchdown pass to Collie.

The future's bright in Indianapolis.

Yeah, I'm sure he did; just trying to point out that the media is overhyping a fluke play that was 95% due to the RB.

And remember, preseason can be deceptive. Hell, some people thought idiots like John Beck were going to be stars after their preseason performances.

At least when Matt Ryan did it was bomb down the field and not a shovel pass. :o

It was in a real game too. I remember Sam Bradford looking epic in a preseason game before his rookie year too. And while Bradford did have a good rookie season, his play the following year has called his abilities into question (with some people even speculating that the Rams would get rid of him to go get Luck). So you know, the jury's still out on a lot of guys after the preseason.

He's looked as good as any quarterback that's taken a snap in the preseason so far and I've watched near to every game. Don't get me wrong, the whole touchdown on the first past thing is over-blown (as was Matt Ryan's first pass touchdown thing), but he really is the real deal.

Throwing balls away when there was nothing there, hurrying up when a play could have been reviewed, holding the safety off with his eyes on the touchdown pass to Collie.

The future's bright in Indianapolis.
Do you who the last QB was to throw a TD on their first pass? Peyton Manning. That guy turned out somewhat decent.

At least when Matt Ryan did it was bomb down the field and not a shovel pass. :o

I'm not sure I'd call it a bomb. Mid-range pass, hell of a lot of YAC for Roddy on that play.

It was in a real game too. I remember Sam Bradford looking epic in a preseason game before his rookie year too. And while Bradford did have a good rookie season, his play the following year has called his abilities into question (with some people even speculating that the Rams would get rid of him to go get Luck). So you know, the jury's still out on a lot of guys after the preseason.

Luck is more pro-ready than Ryan and Bradford were. The plays that impressed me the most weren't even completions, it was throwing the ball away and hurrying up to avoid the challenge flag.

I've been high on Luck for a long time and I've always thought he'd be a better pro than Ryan and Bradford, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Do you who the last QB was to throw a TD on their first pass? Peyton Manning. That guy turned out somewhat decent.

No pressure, then.

Watching Raiders vs. Cowboys........I don't know what's more brutal watching the Cowboys struggle against the Raiders or Gruden's commentary.

That game was tonight was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen, even by preseason standards.

Gruden needs to start praising Quarterbacks on this thread again.

Man, really felt for Chad there in this episode. I really do think Philbin pulled the trigger too quickly on Chad but I get why he did it. You could tell he didn't want him there from the get go.

Man, really felt for Chad there in this episode. I really do think Philbin pulled the trigger too quickly on Chad but I get why he did it. You could tell he didn't want him there from the get go.

It was a Jeff Ireland decision to bring in Ocho

Falcons/Bengals tomorrow in preseason action. Rumor has it Marvin Lewis will get another contract extension at halftime.

It was a little sad to watch, I have to admit. I completely get it, though.

Anyone else watching hardknocks get the feeling that Philbin might not be head coach material?

I don't know but when 75% of the shots of you are just staring aimlessly at the wall or God knows what, I could see why people would get that impression.

It was a little sad to watch, I have to admit. I completely get it, though.

Anyone else watching hardknocks get the feeling that Philbin might not be head coach material?

Me too. Theirs just something about him... I dont see head coach material.

I don't know but when 75% of the shots of you are just staring aimlessly at the wall or God knows what, I could see why people would get that impression.

Exactly, there's something ... kind of disturbing about him. He might be a brilliant football mind, but boy he sure doesn't display that.

That entire Chad Johnson conversation was kind of sad to watch, but also completely uncomfortable with the awkward pauses, moments of silence, etc.

Falcons/Bengals tomorrow in preseason action. Rumor has it Marvin Lewis will get another contract extension at halftime.

Have you read the Bengals version of Why Your Team Sucks on Deadspin? If you haven't, you really need to. That is some funny stuff. They rip Mike Brown to pieces.

The Ravens one is just endless paragraphs of Baltimore getting owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"