Re: 2012 NFL Thread: Where Jaguaring Happens - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
These quotes kind of sum it up. From actual Ravens fans, in response to the question 'Why does your teams suck?'

The only thrilling thing with the Ravens is to see how many times Joe Flacco can overthrow Torrey Smith before they connect on one.
Three words: Cam ****ing Cameron. This tool owes Drew Brees a lifetime of hand jobs for having a job right now. Anyone who comes from the Norv Turner coaching tree is already working on a curve, and Cam Cameron is just as bad as he is. You think Brian Billick's play calling was bad? Watch any Ravens offensive third down play and see Cam Cameron blow that **** right out of the water. 3rd and 10? Let's just run that **** up the middle. 3rd and 1? Buckle up baby, we're sending this one deep. Oh, and Billy Cundiff. **** Billy Cundiff.
Billy Cundiff is still on the roster. **** that guy. He could try and hang himself and miss kicking the stool over.

Hopefully Time Warner isn't far behind. I would LOVE to have the Red Zone channel.

Cleveland Browns "Why Your Team Sucks" is up today. It's great stuff, and this one user post is brilliant in a most Edward Gorey/Dr. Seuss fashion.

C for catching, a skill no Brown can do;
L for the 12 losses we'll surely accrue.
E for endzone, a place we'll never go;
V for the velocity not on a McCoy throw.
E for everywhere, our spots with holes,
L for the let down of more field goals.
A for the abysmal state of our LBs
N for the negative wind chill that makes my ass freeze.
D for the drinking problems we have concealed,
B for the bottles we threw on the field.
R for the redzone, which allegedly exists,
O for our offense, whose ineptness persists.
W for wide-outs, of which we have none,
N for my noose, or perhaps my gun.
And S is for Sunday: the day of the week I'll get out of bed, put on a my Browns' jersey, and drink my way through 60 minutes of watching a team whose offense has at most a total of one NFL-caliber receiver in the whole lot, a rookie quarterback old enough to have Alzheimer's disease, an offensive line that possesses absolutely no right side, and a running back tandem that is averaging 1 knee surgery for every 2.5 games played; and a defense that will not only always be on the field but that has an injury ravaged line, a linebacker corps that wouldn't be able to make the cut at any of the DIII schools in the area, an already thin secondary, and that will have to go up against the likes of Vick, Dalton (x2), Fitzpatrick, Eli, Luck, Rivers, Flacco (x2), Romo, Roethlisberger (x2), Palmer, Cassell, Griffin, and Peyton. Seriously. 0 and 16 isn't out of the question.

team whose offense has at most a total of one NFL-caliber receiver in the whole lot, a rookie quarterback old enough to have Alzheimer's disease, an offensive line that possesses absolutely no right side, and a running back tandem that is averaging 1 knee surgery for every 2.5 games played

:funny:

Cleveland Browns "Why Your Team Sucks" is up today. It's great stuff, and this one user post is brilliant in a most Edward Gorey/Dr. Seuss fashion.

C for catching, a skill no Brown can do;
L for the 12 losses we'll surely accrue.
E for endzone, a place we'll never go;
V for the velocity not on a McCoy throw.
E for everywhere, our spots with holes,
L for the let down of more field goals.
A for the abysmal state of our LBs
N for the negative wind chill that makes my ass freeze.
D for the drinking problems we have concealed,
B for the bottles we threw on the field.
R for the redzone, which allegedly exists,
O for our offense, whose ineptness persists.
W for wide-outs, of which we have none,
N for my noose, or perhaps my gun.
And S is for Sunday: the day of the week I'll get out of bed, put on a my Browns' jersey, and drink my way through 60 minutes of watching a team whose offense has at most a total of one NFL-caliber receiver in the whole lot, a rookie quarterback old enough to have Alzheimer's disease, an offensive line that possesses absolutely no right side, and a running back tandem that is averaging 1 knee surgery for every 2.5 games played; and a defense that will not only always be on the field but that has an injury ravaged line, a linebacker corps that wouldn't be able to make the cut at any of the DIII schools in the area, an already thin secondary, and that will have to go up against the likes of Vick, Dalton (x2), Fitzpatrick, Eli, Luck, Rivers, Flacco (x2), Romo, Roethlisberger (x2), Palmer, Cassell, Griffin, and Peyton. Seriously. 0 and 16 isn't out of the question.

I hear Nat King Cole while reading this....

"C...is for the catch you missed again...
L...is for the way we'll lose at least ten..."

Last edited:
I hope you're all ready for the Saints to rain divine retribution upon your scandalous souls.

Haha, my Steelers got the "Why Your Team Sucks" treatment today. Funny stuff.

This actually made me laugh.

Listening to announcers love to squeal about "Ben" hanging onto the ball for too long and OMG LOOGIT HOW HE TURNS SOMETHING INTO NOTHING!!! NO OTHER QUARTERBACK IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE CAN DO WHAT HE JUST DID!! It's not necessarily a good thing to have a fat quarterback who can absorb punishment and only knows what to do when a play basically turns into backyard football. I think Tom Brady does just fine by doing the opposite: you know, correctly reading the defense and making quick, accurate passes.

The article hit the nail on the head. Especially the part Erz cited. Roethlisberger's style won't work much longer. He is 30 years old and takes more hits than any other NFL quarterback due to his style. He will be lucky if he makes it to 35 in the NFL and his best years are probably behind him. His style does not allow for a long career.

Honestly, if Rothleisberger doesn't win a ring this year, he won't win another one in his career. This is it for the Tomlin Steelers (and last year probably would've been it if the Steelers hadn't been given one of the biggest cake schedules in the league this year). Correction: This is it for the Cowher Steelers. It has been six years and Tomlin still hasn't made this team his own. He's had one marquee player from the draft each year and then a bunch of busts. Cowher maintained a competitive team for 15 years through constant rebuilding through mid to late round draft picks who he could then groom into NFL caliber players. Tomlin hasn't done that. Instead Tomlin has allowed the culture to devolve from one of strict discipline to complacency.

Cowher's team continues to age. The Tomlin guys aren't performing at high levels, at championship caliber levels. I think that article was correct in predicting that after this year, Steeler Nation is looking at a decade of teams that are 8-8 at the best.

I don't think I've masked my dislike for Roethlisberger. I mean I like the Steelers, just not him. Again, I know he has talent, I just don't like him as a person.

And obviously as a Steelers fan what are you going to do?

I've been getting into it with this woman from NY who's a "huge" Steelers fan and was shocked when I said, lot of Steelers fans dislike Ben and demanded to know who these fans were.

I hope you're all ready for the Saints to rain divine retribution upon your scandalous souls.

8995865.jpg

The article hit the nail on the head. Especially the part Erz cited. Roethlisberger's style won't work much longer. He is 30 years old and takes more hits than any other NFL quarterback due to his style. He will be lucky if he makes it to 35 in the NFL and his best years are probably behind him. His style does not allow for a long career.

Honestly, if Rothleisberger doesn't win a ring this year, he won't win another one in his career. This is it for the Tomlin Steelers (and last year probably would've been it if the Steelers hadn't been given one of the biggest cake schedules in the league this year). Correction: This is it for the Cowher Steelers. It has been six years and Tomlin still hasn't made this team his own. He's had one marquee player from the draft each year and then a bunch of busts. Cowher maintained a competitive team for 15 years through constant rebuilding through mid to late round draft picks who he could then groom into NFL caliber players. Tomlin hasn't done that. Instead Tomlin has allowed the culture to devolve from one of strict discipline to complacency.

Cowher's team continues to age. The Tomlin guys aren't performing at high levels, at championship caliber levels. I think that article was correct in predicting that after this year, Steeler Nation is looking at a decade of teams that are 8-8 at the best.
You forgot the standard "deer in the headlights" comment in regard to Tomlin.

It's funny, I was watching some footage of Tomlin on the sidelines, talking with players and coaches, and he seemed like a pretty sharp guy with a sense of humor and such. But man, when he talks to the media, he sounds like he has brain damage or something. He's like robot that's been programed to speak in vague, diplomatic statements that reveal absolutely nothing. Some people criticize Belichick for this, but at least Belichick has that "crotchety old man" thing going for him, and I guess that's something. Tomlin seems to have no personality whatsoever when addressing the public.

Tomlin discussing a player controversy:

"We will address this issue accordingly, because the standard is the standard. Uuuhhh, If there is something that could be problematic, we will react to it. Uuuhhhh, I've spoken with the individuals involved, and we are on the same page about what needs to happen.

Tomlin discussing an injury:

"Uuuhhh, He's met with our medical staff and they are evaluating him. Uuhhhh, if the injury proves to either be significant or insignificant, we will decide what needs to happen from there."

...then again, maybe it's better when Tomlin doesn't have a personality with the media. We all remember what happened the one time that he DID...

Tomlin after a pathetic loss to a sh** team a year after winning a Super Bowl:

"We're about to unleash hell here in December!"

/Steelers go on to lose AT HOME to the Raid-turds.

It apparently originated from punter Steve Weatherford's Twitter account and he also filmed the whole thing. He should have his friggin head examined for posting it to begin with.

This isn't even close to bullying, these are grown men playing pranks on each other. Is Johnny Knoxville a bully? No. Its just dudes messing with each other.

So Antonio Brown and Ike Taylor have each scored a touchdown in this game. Wonder if they'll have a fight to celebrate.

The new pick 'em thread is up, FYI.

This Sunday Night game is interesting from a Broadcasting standpoint. Dan Hicks is doing play by play and Hines Ward has joined Sunday Night Football.

Hicks did a fantastic job at covering the swimming at the Olympics.

This isn't even close to bullying, these are grown men playing pranks on each other. Is Johnny Knoxville a bully? No. Its just dudes messing with each other.

I agree but considering the current culture in this country I won't be shocked when this blows out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"