Reboot in 3d : Yay or Nay

As long as the audience has the option of seeing it in 3D or 2D, which is what Superman Returns did.

yea if there the option for theaters to have both there isnt much problem there. Though as others have stated there is some theaters/cities they dont have the option its either one or the other. so it sucks for them.

i'm glad Nolan is sticking to his guns by making the 3rd Batfilm 2d only...

...however, i'd LOVE to see Superman in 3D. there's a lot of potential for visually striking moments utilizing 3D. i'm okay with Batman not being 3D because he's all about the gritty/darkness of everything, but Superman could have some really beautiful shots that would work great with 3D if done properly.

With this being the last superman movie in a while ( with the whole lawsuit thing going on) , WB should make it a 3d movie. And Nolan won't have a say in this . If WB is going 3d with Green Lantern and Potter , then 3d on Supes is pretty much guaranteed.

But again i'd like them to shoot this movie in 3d if possible. Not convert it.
With the exception of Alice in WOnderland ( and the Potter IMAX 3d scenes) , conversions haven't impressed. Maybe the 3d conversion of the last potter movies will be good but again i'd rather them just shoot the movie in 3d. Seeing the shots of Supes flying in the city rendered in stereo will look great

Snyder is the director. Legend of the Guardians was in 3D. but since it was an animated movie it was not hard to make it 3D. but with Sucker Punch they decided to not do a 3D conversion .

so the question now is will Snyder use 3D digital cameras and make it in native 3D or will he do it in 2D and then do a bad 3D conversion( ohhhh yeah i went there) ?

lets not forget the last Harry Potter news where WB didnt want to realese the movie in bad 3D.

the answer is obvious. if you will realese the movie in 3D then use 3d cameras. FACT is that manually adding 3D to a moving cape with motion blur would be very hard. again making a moving cape with motion blur in 3D is hard.

Snyder and his d.o.p. has designed a special rig to film the slo-mo scenes in 300. If i'm not mistaken they had two wide-screen cameras side-by-side and another regular camera right beneath the two cameras.

I'm sure they can find a way to work with the bulky 3d cameras. Snyder is open to all kinds of tech. and he wants to make a 3d movie .
As for WB they'll be looking at GL to see just how to a 3d superman movie. With Potter they greenlit was given late aug. to go 3d and when they were given the final print in sept. , it was decided that they just didn't have enough time to convert the movie.

I doubt they'll be doing the same thing with Supes because time is limited. They will have to shoot in 3d from the start and design the CGI in stereo. The latter isn't so much of a problem , the former is.

I am sure the 3D will be visionary. Because visionary Snyder will use his visionary DP to make sure that happens.

If they film it in 3D wouldn't it still have a 2D theatrical release? I wouldn't know, I never had interest in seeing Avatar or Resident Evil and Jackass 3D was the only 3D movie I've ever seen. So I'm not sure if there's a 2D version of those movies.

If they film it in 3D wouldn't it still have a 2D theatrical release? I wouldn't know, I never had interest in seeing Avatar or Resident Evil and Jackass 3D was the only 3D movie I've ever seen. So I'm not sure if there's a 2D version of those movies.

Of course there will be 2d versions of the movie in theaters though you'll have to search for a theater playing the movie in 2d.

Exclusive: Snyders 'uncertain about 3D Superman'
Monday, October 18 2010, 09:15 BST
By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Tweet thisDigg thisSend to friendMore options
Zack SnyderMoviesComics

WENN
Zack Snyder has admitted that he doesn't know if his Superman movie will be shot in 3D.

Speaking to Digital Spy to promote his latest film, 3D owl animation Legend Of The Guardians, the director suggested that he would use the format as long as it wasn't just "a gimmick".

He said: "I don't know for sure, I can't say for sure but I will say that the experience of the 3D in Guardians was so successful for what I wanted it to do. I think that 3D is pretty awesome if it's done as part of the cinematic language as opposed to being a gimmick."

Snyder's wife and co-producer Deborah Snyder said that it was "really just too early to tell" if the superhero blockbuster would be in 3D, although she admitted that she was looking forward to teaming up with producers Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a282642/snyders-uncertain-about-3d-superman.html

I am absolutely for the Man of Steel in 3D and I don't see any good reason why it shouldn't be so.

Nay. 3D does nothing except take more money from gullible fools.

Superman should be 3D. Snyder can pull it off like no other. It shall be Snyder's 3D vs Whedon's 3d. Battle of the titans. Who shall come out on top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"