Recommend A Movie Thread....

Brickmovieposter.jpg

Last edited:
Idiocracy

You'll be quoting this movie for months. Gets better with each viewing.

I fourth that, Brick is a great, I would also recommend The Brothers Bloom

If you haven't seen it

X-Men: First Class.

Arguably the best Marvel movie to date and I would image most people would be hard pressed to find a reason not to like the movie at all. Not perfect, but very well done.

Highly Recommended

I was going to start another thread to, perhaps I still will. But how about recommend a movie based on what I like/am in the mood for right now?

I am want to watch something, but not sure what to pick. I have several movies on hand I can pick from but not sure I really want to watch them. Just watched 13 Assassins last night and could go for something along those lines.

Looking for something action based, but with some story, doesn't have to be overly dramatic or overly action packed. Movies I like that come to mind that I have seen.

13 Assassins
Ronin
Leon: The Professional
The Fifth Element
Battle Los Angeles
Red
The Losers

Ideas anyone?

220px-TheGrifters.jpg

Great crime thriller with one of John Cusack's best roles.

220px-Ghost_Dog.jpg

Weird drama about a modern day assassin who lives like a samurai. It features a score by the RZA and an all around hip hop atmosphere.

220px-Rosa-purpura-do-cairo-poster02.jpg

Those put off by Woody Allen's usual characters will probably like this movie. Those who already like Allen will probably love it.

220px-Dark_City_poster.jpg

It lived up to Ebert's hype.

220px-Mccabe_and_mrs_miller.jpg

Deconstructive western by Robert Altman. I think it's as good as the Wild Bunch.

son-of-rambow.jpg

This is actually a really good film and not a Rambo spoof as the poster suggests.

13 Assassins
5151916738_e65f82e7e2.jpg

I've mentioned this movie in the recently watched thread but I have to highly recommend it. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is the best or one of the best samurai movies of all time. But its damn good, and would be surprised if it didn't give many people good reason to put it in their top 10 samurai movies.

The level of evil and complete lack of remorse that the build for the main villain is immediate from the beginning and just when you've already bought in and are ready for vengeance, it seems his evil knows no bounds. :up:

I recommend Once Upon a Time in the West. One of my favorite movies of all time, it features one of the best muscial scores of all time, and has some very memorable scenes.

Cedar Rapids - a sort of dark comedy. Surprisingly funny and a little odd to boot. 8/10.

You like cold hard science fiction [BLACKOUT]Time Travel[/BLACKOUT], no fanciness : Primer

imagefbi.jpg

Last edited:
A couple Aussie gems that everyone should see:

animalky317.jpg

A perfectly haunting (and shocking) portrait of an Australian crime family.

95307395.jpg

If you've never really gotten the appeal of Eric Bana as an actor, this is guaranteed to clear that right up.

Last edited:
If you're sick of stuff like Twilight(and others) taking vampire movies too much to the tween-friendly extreme and want a vampire movie alternative, may I suggest:

Innocent_blood_ver1.jpg

Buy the same guy who did American Werewolf In London(which I actually like less than this movie). It's got humour, sure, but sex, violence and it earns it's R rating.

It is not really a spoiler, it's like saying Alien is about a monster in space.
Anyway, I will edit my post, can you do the same with your quote please :)

Ah, well for me I had no idea other than some friends built something with one intention of replacing the engine for modes of transportation and ended up building something entirely different.

So for me it would have been a spoiler. :up:

Great movie though, which is why I already recommended it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"