Resident Evil: Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rented this over the weekend, have a question, in the movies what's Umbrella's game plan? I thought they were making viruses and experiments as potential weapons to be used, so once the world went to hell, why do they continue to experiment and create creatures? who are they going to sell to? whats the point? just to be evil?

Considering that there are no coins in the Sonic games, let alone ones that appear upon destroying enemies, no.

Like Matt though, I did think of Scott Pilgrim, which was actually a reference to River City Ransom.

[YT]dpLsDehM58k[/YT]

That video was painful to watch...I thought the coins dropping in Scott Pilgrim represented a generic video game mechanic where dead enemies drop trinkets.

Just received this in the mail from Amazon today. Looking forward to watching it again!!!

I finally saw it; I'm glad they got rid of the Alice clones. With them gone and Alice apparently human again, it was more enjoyable. I liked the setting. Slow motion killed the final fight scene for me. My second critique is that this felt like half of a movie to me.

I've accepted that these are more fanfiction than actual adaptions, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy the rest of the franchise a bit more. I'm curious as to what it is Umbrella plans to do as well. Perhaps they want to introduce a cure to undo the effects of the leaked T-Virus then set up some one-world government? It occured to me.

Perhaps Wesker wants to create a strain of whatever they gave Alice that, when introduced to the infected populace, would allow them to evolve into beings resistant to virulence, disease, nuclear radiation etc to create a twisted version of a perfect world? Its the best way I can think of to adapt his motives from RE5.

Those shots of Alaska at the beginning were beautiful, and set a nice mood too!

I'm having a hard time imagining where they can go with the story next. As much as I love the films and RE in general, Anderson really backed himself into a corner by ending the world.

You'd think that Umbrella would have more important things to worry about than developing new bio weapons, like not running out of food or getting eaten by zombies. Who the heck are they planning to sell all these weapons to, anyway? World governments and the concept of money have been rendered pointless.

Pretty much. That's why I prefer RE when its more about smaller outbreaks. Umbrella can still be all big and nefarious, but once the world is gone, Umbrella's reason for being is nullified

Pretty much. That's why I prefer RE when its more about smaller outbreaks. Umbrella can still be all big and nefarious, but once the world is gone, Umbrella's reason for being is nullified

Before Spencer was finally revealed, I toyed around with a fanfic that had Spencer as a disillusioned sociopath who'd seen the horrors of war and started the experiments with the other founders in hopes of developing a means by which the world's flora and fauna could survive manmade disasters such as war, nukes et al. Hence the mother virus, Progenitor and eventually T-Virus. It went into the last 1/3rd of the story with the world infected, the protagonists dying off one by one as they searched for Spencer's ancestral castel in Europe (the one seen in the old 3.5 trailers with the original Cradle of the Progenitor virus). Eventually it was down to Leon, and he died taking out Spencer, being that he had nothing else to live for.

A modified version could be applied; if Umbrella reestablished humanity via some cure and set itself up as leader they could throw Alice and whoever else into the roll of freedom fighters vs the viral weaponry Umbrella would use to enforce their regime.

It takes away from the backroom dealings and shady business though.

I watched this awhile back and thought it was alright, the only main gripe I had was it was more or less the Alice story again. I thought the guy who did Wesker was alright but there could have been someone else who could have taken the role.

I just rented this over the weekend, have a question, in the movies what's Umbrella's game plan? I thought they were making viruses and experiments as potential weapons to be used, so once the world went to hell, why do they continue to experiment and create creatures? who are they going to sell to? whats the point? just to be evil?

I saw this movie last night....

My thoughts (spoilers):

- This movie could have been written by a 3rd grader.
- I've seen each Resident Evil movie, and call me stupid, but I have no clue what Umbrella's motivations are anymore. Like the poster above me, I am guessing their motivation is just "to be evil"
-If Alice became human again, how in holy heck did she survive the jet plane crash at the beginning of the movie?
-Why did Wesker have to have two death scenes back-to-back... ??? That sequence felt super odd to me.

Funny thought:

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at one point during this movie...

...Okay, so picture this with me, folks. So it's the apocalypse, right? It's the end of the world. You are stuck on a roof top and below you are millions and millions of flesh-eating zombies waiting to come kill you. Life is dull and seems pointless. Then along comes a plane... this plane crash lands on your rooftop. Who pops out of the plane? Two extremely gorgeous women (Alice and Claire Redfield)... and by the way, there's already an extremely gorgeous female stuck on the rooftop with you (Crystal)...

Did anybody else think that this turn of events was hilarious? Could you imagine being a heterosexual male survivor on that roof?

I would of have been ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to be stuck on that rooftop. Being stuck on that rooftop (even with killer zombies below me) would have been more exciting and awesome than 98% of every day of my life.

Please, God, let me stuck on a rooftop with three gorgeous women at the world's end.

That wasn't the apocalypse, folks.

That was Heaven.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member