Resident Evil: Extinction set for September 7, 2007

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
I just thought I should let you guys know that Resident Evil: Extinction has a release date set for September 7 of next year.

I like the Resident Evil movies, but I got to say that the first one wasn't that great. The action didn't pick up until Apocalypse.

If anyone has any news on this movie, please post it here. Thanks.

From wilkipedia:

Cast:
Milla Jovovich - Alice
Sienna Guillory - Jill Valentine
Oded Fehr - Carlos Oliviera
Ali Larter - Claire Redfield (Interesting choice. I like it)
Iain Glen - Dr. Sam Isaacs
Chris Egan - Mikey
Ashanti Douglas - Nurse Betty
Mike Epps - L.J.
Jamie Patrick Millar - Evan
Spencer Locke - Kmart Girl
William Abadie - Envoy
Ramón Franco - Runt
Geoff Meed - Pockmark
John Eric Bentley - Umbrella Executive
Shane Woodson - Piggy

Synopsis

Milla Jovovich as AliceMilla Jovovich is back as Alice, and she's running with a new pack of humans, with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) leading a convoy that's cutting through the Nevada desert on a long trek to Alaska. Hunted by the minions of the perpetually scheming Dr. Isaacs, Alice has zombies hungry for her flesh and lab rats hungry for her blood, while Alice is hungry for only one thing. Revenge

Wilkipedia is pretty reliable sometimes, sometimes not.
about the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Extinction

Majik1387 said:
From wilkipedia:

Cast:
Milla Jovovich - Alice
Sienna Guillory - Jill Valentine
Oded Fehr - Carlos Oliviera
Ali Larter - Claire Redfield (Interesting choice. I like it)
Iain Glen - Dr. Sam Isaacs
Chris Egan - Mikey
Ashanti Douglas - Nurse Betty
Mike Epps - L.J.
Jamie Patrick Millar - Evan
Spencer Locke - Kmart Girl
William Abadie - Envoy
Ramón Franco - Runt
Geoff Meed - Pockmark
John Eric Bentley - Umbrella Executive
Shane Woodson - Piggy

Synopsis

Milla Jovovich as AliceMilla Jovovich is back as Alice, and she's running with a new pack of humans, with Claire Redfield (Ali Larter) leading a convoy that's cutting through the Nevada desert on a long trek to Alaska. Hunted by the minions of the perpetually scheming Dr. Isaacs, Alice has zombies hungry for her flesh and lab rats hungry for her blood, while Alice is hungry for only one thing. Revenge

Wilkipedia is pretty reliable sometimes, sometimes not.
about the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Extinction

Um, yay? :( :confused:

Hopefully in the near future this series gets a restart and is not taken over by someone like the hack known as Paul Anderson.

I dig these movies
They're incredibly stupid, but fun

Carter said:
I dig these movies
They're incredibly stupid, but fun

Yeah haha I love them so much.
Guilty pleasures, I guess :D

That's a badass avatar right there, guy :up:

Besides zombies, I wonder what other villainous things will come out during the night?

You know, the first movie wasn't horrible. It was decent for a Resident Evil movie and was fun I guess.

Resident Evil 2 is what really bastardized the entire concept. Nemesis was made into a typical muscle bound wuss, the zombies were horrible, and the Lickers, well, the Lickers were pretty much non-existant except for the one or two that was in the church battle.

I respect Anderson's use of the camera. He really knows how to get great visuals, effects, and to put the audience into the conflict. However as a writer and a supposed fanboy who respects the source material; he's nothing more than a hack in my opinion.

Does anyone remember the reviews of Romero's script treatment for RE?

Honestly I thought the first Resident Evil was great. Even as a Resident Evil story. It felt like a prequel to Resident Evil but revised for the movie.

Anderson has a great respect for this game series. He tries to get everything from the game in the movie. I think these movies are great. They already have a forth one coming out after Extinction.

CrypticOne said:
Anderson has a great respect for this game series. He tries to get everything from the game in the movie. I think these movies are great. They already have a forth one coming out after Extinction.

Turning Nemesis into a slow lumbering wuss is not respect for the game/source material.

Nemesis wasn't a human to begin with. It was a tyrant that umbrella was experimenting with which resulted in them creating the Nemesis prototype. There is no Alice in the story, Nemesis would not have simply walked away because an innocent bystander wasn't armed.

I understand you're entitled to your opinion, but seriously, be objective here by calling out the obvious faults with this series. There's nothing in these movies that resemble anything close to the games.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Turning Nemesis into a slow lumbering wuss is not respect for the game/source material.

Nemesis wasn't a human to begin with. It was a tyrant that umbrella was experimenting with which resulted in them creating the Nemesis prototype. There is no Alice in the story, Nemesis would not have simply walked away because an innocent bystander wasn't armed.

I understand you're entitled to your opinion, but seriously, be objective here by calling out the obvious faults with this series. There's nothing in these movies that resemble anything close to the games.

Okay...

The only thing I want from these movies besides some of my fave characters is for the characters that are in the movie to solve some puzzles to get things they need, open a door, help defeat a monster, etc. Obviously they wouldn't do all of those but I would like some puzzle-solving.

:D I didn't like the first one that much...and then during the second movie I started to have the same feelings...but then...about halfway through the movie...I was hooked...it was scary and action packed from there on out...While Nemesis looked acurate...it was a little goofy...especially when Alice had to fight him...but seriously watch it again...I was like...did they get two different directors, editors and sound design artists to finish the last half of the movie? cuz it rocked! Unfortunately its not easy convincing casual goers to give it a chance more than halfway, or get them on your side about how the last half of RE2:A saves the fact that the first half was kind of cheezy.:D

^Okay. Happy Birthday now so I don't have to say it Sept. 7. :)

Dear HOLLYWOOD,

Please stop making Resident Evil films. One was more than enough.

Thankyou, The world.

Mentok said:
Dear HOLLYWOOD,

Please stop making Resident Evil films. One was more than enough.

Thankyou, The world.

They are making a forth movie.

bluejake01 said:
There is no god.

Why? This movie is good, or is gonna be good. And it makes money at the box office, both past releases did.

Where the heck are Leon Kennedy, Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield?:mad: :mad:

CrypticOne said:
Why? This movie is good, or is gonna be good. And it makes money at the box office, both past releases did.

Just because it makes money doesn't mean its good.

IronMan_2005 said:
Where the heck are Leon Kennedy, Albert Wesker and Chris Redfield?:mad: :mad:
Chris Redfield is supposed to be in the fourth one. And Sony has the rights to use Wesker in the movie, maybe they just haven't casted yet.

They have to have some badass knife moves like Jamie Foxx pulled in Miami Vice for Wesker, only more badass times twenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"