Resistance 2: 60 Player Matches, 8 Player Online Co-Op,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people have to go to one extreme here? Resistance was by no means crap, but on the other hand, it wasn't a god send. A lot of PS2 FPS' were better, and some... certain Xbox ones were too.

Insomniac are a great developer that do nothing but get better, so I'm sure this'll be good too. Personally, I'd care more for Ratchet and Clank Future 2... and for it to be harder at that.

60 player matches could be fun, its anyones guess until people actually play it. I didn't care for larger Resistance matches though, it took too long to find someone, and I was so sucky I usually died the second I found a hotspot.

Call of Duty 4, now there's a game that I kick ass at. 30 kills and 4 deaths in one match. :up:

블라스;13788884 said:
It was so crappy!!!!!!! :cmad:

6f78gea.gif

Resistance was and still is a pretty good FPS, in fact the only better console shooters would probably be CoD4, Unreal, and Halo 3 (though in my personal opinion, Halo 3 had a pretty equal campaign). But even with these 4 being the top tier of next gen console shooters, it's close enough that I'd still say 'taste' for whatever one someone likes the most.

I don't get how the Darkness could be better than something like Resistance seeing as the Darkness had bad gunplay, bad weapons, bad enemy AI, bad game balance, bad level design, and horrible multiplayer after thought add on.

Half Life is just such a different FPS that I wouldn't compare it to the regulars.

And heck, if Anything Resistance 1 had 40 player maps taht were too big, Grimsby anyone? Running into people every 5 seconds only happens if they didn't scale the map properly (and Resistance, if it had any problem with scalling, would be that the maps were huge, even for 40 players).
And the worst console FPS I've played, ignoring Area 52, would have to be Perfect Dark Zero, I can't believe how terrible that game was. Anyone who managed to exact an ounce of fun out of that (WHF) shouldn't be talking about Resistance in a negative light.

Are you trying to be sarcastic? If that's not crap, I dunno what is. :confused:

I don't get how the Darkness could be better than something like Resistance seeing as the Darkness had bad gunplay, bad weapons, bad enemy AI, bad game balance, bad level design, and horrible multiplayer after thought add on.

Half Life is just sucha different FPS that I wouldn't compare it to the regulars.

I sold my PS3 after playing 3 levels of Resistance, it was that mediocre and tacky. I couldn't put The Darkness down - the story, the dialogue, the music, the atmosphere, the characters...all AMAZINGLY well-done, it just completely sucks you in, even if the gameplay doesn't. Besides, who DOESN'T love your little minions giving your dead enemies a gold shower? They were goddamn hilarious! And with the main character talking and sounding just like Robert DeNiro playing Vito Corleone in The Godfather II drove its awesome points through the roof.

Oh and it's hilarious you're hesitant about counting the Half-Life series just so you don't have yet ANOTHER game that rapes Resistance. :D

I sold my PS3 after playing 3 levels of Resistance, it was that mediocre and tacky. I couldn't put The Darkness down - the story, the dialogue, the music, the atmosphere, the characters...all AMAZINGLY well-done, it just completely sucks you in, even if the gameplay doesn't. Besides, who DOESN'T love your little minions giving your dead enemies a gold shower? They were goddamn hilarious! And with the main character talking and sounding just like Robert DeNiro playing Vito Corleone in The Godfather II drove its awesome points through the roof.

No way is Resistance Tacky, it had rough edges, but once you play it for a bit and get further into the campaign it gets really good. So, oh well, maybe you'll give the sequel a chance, but it's a lot better than you give it credit for. Resistance dopesn't have the best story, but the gameplay gets pretty fun and intense.

Half Life is one of my favorite series of all time, but I wouldn't compare it, as a shooting game, to Halo or any other FPS game, because it's just an entirely different style of game. The shooting model is incredibly basic, butthat's not what Half Life hinges on it hinges on somethign much more subjective, being story, and atmosphere. THe Darkness just sucked, the story and atmosphere weren't anything special, and unlike Half Life, it doesn't have the genius level design, gameplay concepts, or atmosphere to make up for that.

THe Darkness just sucked, the story and atmosphere weren't anything special, and unlike Half Life, it doesn't have the genius level design, gameplay concepts, or atmosphere to make up for that.

Bah, you liked Resistance and defend Killzone. S**tty taste in gaming by default. :o

News of a new Resistance game at the hype is like Christmas with 10 Ebeneezer Scrooge's, the Nintnedo 64 kid (LIZARD), and a lesbian, with me (Tiny Tim) stuck in the middle.

60 player online is going to be terrible...look at the lag you get if just one person in a 16 or 30 man match lags...think of how bad it'll be when you have 60 people, all with different internet speeds and bandwidth, in the same map? ech.

You've never played Resistance then, simply because there's never any lag when playing that game 99 percent of the time. Dedicated servers and all that. 40 player matches are rock solid.

I'm trying really hard to resist making the obvious crack about Xbox live here.

Something something peer2peer gaming something something monthly fee.

Don't worry, I still gave into the dark side. :csad:

There's a towel in my bathroom that looks like someone ejaculated powdered cheese all over :(

macaroniCheese_2.gif

:confused:

This is relevant because the Kraft dinosaur looks like Chimera.

That would be sweet to have him as the Final Boss :up::up:

"You WILL get your daily supplement of calcium!! :cmad:"

There's a towel in my bathroom that looks like someone ejaculated powdered cheese all over :(

macaroniCheese_2.gif

:confused:

This is relevant because the Kraft dinosaur looks like Chimera.

You wouldn't have to be responsible for the ejaculation, would you? :huh:

That would be sweet to have him as the Final Boss :up::up:

"You WILL get your daily supplement of calcium!! :cmad:"

It's a giant Naked Ken Kutaragi screaming "You will get your ass made love to tenderly!"

Resistence 1 player is a Halo campaign killer IMO!

News of a new Resistance game at the hype is like Christmas with 10 Ebeneezer Scrooge's, the Nintnedo 64 kid (LIZARD), and a lesbian, with me (Tiny Tim) stuck in the middle.

I thought this was clever, obviously not. :(

No, it was a complete failure on all fronts. However, your sig is a smashing success!

George Washington (February 22, 1732 – December 14, 1799) commanded America's war for independence (1775–1783), and was the first President of the United States, from 1789 to 1797. Because of his central role in the founding of the United States, Washington is often called the "Father of his Country." His devotion to republicanism and civic virtue made him an exemplary figure among early American politicians.

According to the Julian calendar, Washington was born on February 11, 1731 ,according to the Gregorian calendar, which was adopted in Britain and its colonies during Washington's lifetime, he was born on February 22, 1732. Washington's Birthday is a federal holiday in the United States. He was born at Pope's Creek Plantation, on the Potomac River southeast of modern-day Colonial Beach in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Washington's ancestors were from Sulgrave, England; his great-grandfather, John Washington, immigrated to Virginia in 1657. George's father, Augustine "Gus" Washington (1693–1743), was a slave-owning planter who later tried his hand in iron-mining ventures. His mother, Mary Ball Washington (1708–1789), lived to see her son become famous, though she had a strained relationship with him. In George's youth, the Washingtons were moderately prosperous members of the Virginia gentry, of "middling rank" rather than one of the leading families. Lawrence Washington was a major influence in young George Washington's life

Washington, the first-born child from his father's second marriage, had two older and five younger siblings.[4] Gus Washington died when George was eleven years old, after which George's half-brother, Lawrence Washington, became a surrogate father and role model. William Fairfax, Lawrence's father-in-law and cousin of Virginia's largest landowner, Thomas, Lord Fairfax, was also a formative influence. Washington spent much of his boyhood at Ferry Farm in Stafford County near Fredericksburg. Lawrence Washington inherited another family property from his father, which he later named Mount Vernon. George inherited Ferry Farm upon his father's death, and eventually acquired Mount Vernon after Lawrence's death.
At age 16, Washington drew this practice survey of Lawrence Washington's turnip field at Mount Vernon.

The death of his father prevented Washington from receiving an education in England as his older brothers had done. His education comprised seven or eight years, mostly in the form of tutoring by his father and Lawrence, and training in surveying.[5] Late in life, Washington was somewhat self-conscious that he was less learned than some of his contemporaries. Thanks to his Fairfax connections, at seventeen he was appointed official surveyor for Culpeper County in 1749, a well-paid position which allowed him to purchase land in the Shenandoah Valley, the first of his many land acquisitions in western Virginia. Thanks to Lawrence's involvement in the Ohio Company, Washington came to the notice of the lieutenant governor of Virginia, Robert Dinwiddie. Washington was hard to miss: at about six feet two inches (estimates of his height have varied), he towered over most of his contemporaries.

In 1751, Washington traveled to Barbados with Lawrence, who was suffering from tuberculosis, with the hope that the climate would be beneficial to Lawrence's health. Washington contracted smallpox during the trip, which left his face slightly scarred, but gave him immunity to the dreaded disease in the future. Lawrence's health did not improve: he returned to Mount Vernon, where he died in 1752. Lawrence's position as Adjutant General of Virginia (a militia leadership role) was divided into four offices after his death. Washington was appointed by Governor Dinwiddie as one of the four district adjutants, with the rank of major in the Virginia militia. Washington also joined the Freemasons in Fredericksburg at this time.

Stories about Washington's childhood include the myth that Washington chopped down, or barked, his father's cherry tree, without permission, and admitted the deed when questioned, saying "I cannot tell a lie." Historians believe this tale was invented by Parson Weems after Washington's death.

You've never played Resistance then, simply because there's never any lag when playing that game 99 percent of the time. Dedicated servers and all that. 40 player matches are rock solid.

I'm trying really hard to resist making the obvious crack about Xbox live here.

Something something peer2peer gaming something something monthly fee.

you're right, I never played it...one of my friends got it, had it, and every other game on the PSN lag so bad that he said screw it and sold his PS3...and you're absolutely right, Xbox Live has been lagging like hell since X-Mas, and if they dont do something about it soon, I have a feeling alot of people are going to be cancling there subscriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"