Rest in Peace Satoru Iwata

Damn. He was only 55, terrible. I know he was having a few health issues, but I thought he was getting better.

This physically hurt to read. R.I.P you legend.

NuzzlUp.gif

This is a huge loss for the world of gaming. Iwata is a legend. Very unfortunate.

Damn. He was only 55, terrible. I know he was having a few health issues, but I thought he was getting better.
from what I read it wasn't fully the case. he was recovering or trying to yes. getting better not really. he was still struggling which was one of reason he skipped E3 as he wrote to the gamer news outlets. R.I.P Mr. Iwata

The best thing you can say about him is that even though a number of people took issue with how he ran Nintendo, no one ever took issue with the man himself. Everyone was always happy and excited to see him.

hmmm , oh did I see people take issue with him mostly out side of here as well. Anyway. it's sad day indeed.

It's a damn shame. While I have often been critical about Iwata's tenure at Nintendo, I feel like he was doing some really smart things lately to turn Nintendo around ever since Yamaguchi died. I'm curious to see the direction the company will take now.

It was part of a video that Nintendo did this year for E3 that features Muppet-esque versions of Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto, and there...actually isn't a reason? Not one that anyone could figure out anyway. A lot of people thought it was a hint at Donkey Kong, but no DK game was ever shown.

Shocking and sad. I didn't even know he was ill. RIP.

Yeah, he's actually been ill for the better part of a year, I think. He's been absent from a lot of Nintendo media until recently.

Watch "The Jimquisition" on this sad passing. Well done imo. I'd post a link, but there is a bit of the bad language.

I make it a rule to NOT watch Jim Sterling.

I will pay respects to Iwata, though.

Yeah, he's actually been ill for the better part of a year, I think. He's been absent from a lot of Nintendo media until recently.

I did not realize just how low the survivability the cancer he had was. I am very impressed that he kept working.

Man...this was really unexpected to hear. I knew that he's been really ill over the course of the year, but I too thought he was recovering. Sad sad news.

RIP Iwata.

RIP, good sir. Gaming won't be the same without you.

Damn this was really shocking and very sad. He had spent so much time off this year getting the tumor treated I legit thought he was doing better.

They said he was recovering well enough and then boom gone before he even reached age 56 smh. For better or worse this is going to permanently change Nintendo going forward.

R.I.P. Mr. Iwata and thank you for really pushing Splatoon as one of your final orders of business. It was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"