Rewriting X3 - legit.

bittercarrot

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, I'm an illustration student and an unsatisfied X3 audience member. For those who did not like X3. Please give me some well thought out reasons on why and some awesome suggestions on what should have happened. I will be writing and illustrating a comic of X3 and X4 (because it should have been a 2 parter). And try to think of a whole new plot, i have a few in my head, but i want to hear what others think. At the end, I will post this comic online and give credits to users whose ideas i have included,it won't be on sale or anything, it's just closure for us fans who wished that X3 was different. Think of it as a high production fan fic. Please no bashing, I'm being sincere here.

CHARACTERS X3 and X4
X-MEN
Xavier

Blue Team
Cyclops
Phoenix
Iceman
Beast
Angel

Gold Team
Wolverine
Storm
Nightcrawler
Rouge
Colossus

BROTHERHOOD
Magneto
Emma Frost
Pyro
Sabertooth
Mystique
Quicksilver
Blob
Havok
Juggernaut
Unus

OTHERS
Graydon Creed
Cameron Hodge
Bolivar Trask
Mastermold

CAMEOS
Banshee
Moira Mac Taggart
Forge
Cypher
Bastion
Caliban

Plot for X3
The movie starts with the morlocks in the subway tunnels under New York city. It seems like a normal day for them until a squad of troops move in and start killing them. But they are just keeping them from getting out of the tunnels so that the Sentinels can be used on them. The Morlocks are slaughtered after the Sentinels leave but one of the morlocks has been taken (Caliban).

Back at Alkali Lake Jean Greys body hangs life less in a shell of some kind then she awakens, the water starts to boil as flames form around the shell. A fiery bird shape shoots out of the water (we see all of what happened at the end of the last movie) then fades into the sky.
Cut to Scott and Xavier at Jeans greave the two of them talk about the school and then about how it’s been one year since Jean died when something happens to Xavier. We then intercut to other physics (Emma Frost) as she has the same happen to her.
Some time later Xavier comes out of his “Coma” and tells the X-men that they need to get to Alkali Lake. Charles Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine, leave for Alkali Lake.

A short time later at the Brotherhood HQ Magneto is visited by Emma Frost. She tells magneto that she needs him to help her find a powerful mutant that could turn the tide of the Human Mutant war and that they must get to this mutant before Xavier does. So the Brotherhood and Emma form an alliance.

We also find out that Bolivar Trask is working for a Senator, Graydon Creed; and that he has invented the Sentinels and that they have worked better then they thought after the Morlock Massacre. We find that Creed is running for President on an anti-mutant platform.
Creed also has set out to take over where William Stryker failed, he plans to use dampeners on mutants and place them in camps.

Back with the X-men Xavier tells the others that Jean showed him a jumbling of visions of mutants being killed, and that he may have found the place that it happened. So he sends Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Rouge, and Colossus to the morlock tunnels.

this is all i have at the moment.

Hey HR PUFF N STUFF, great ideas. However, I think there are too many characters, I'm trying to focus on the characters we already have and the ones introduced in X3 (beast and angel). I love the morlock massacre and the sentinels plot, and creed running for president. I was thinking of tying Creed in with what happened in X2 (world almost killed by Xavier). Him using that as proof that there needs to be a registration act or some way to control the mutants (sentinels). I was thinking of bringing back jean in this one, and then show her developing strange emotions and powers, then in the 4th "movie" all hell is unleashed as she becomes the pheonix. Basically the 3rd "movie" continues the focus on humans fear of mutants and then the 4th, focus on jean and the notion of self sacrifice and uncontrollable powers.

Cool idea!
I personally think that the two plotlines of Phoenix and the cure could work wonderfully together: one is about unlimited power and what it does to a person, one is about taking that power away. X3 as it is just didn't do enough with it. Split up in two parts, like you're planning to do, you can make it real deep and complicated story, what the cure actually is.

What I think you really need to pay attention to is what the world's opinion is after the events of X2.
Show that Jean's death has made quite an impact on the X Men.
If you're introducing new teammembers, give them a good reason to join the X Men team. X3 never bothered to explain why Kitty and Colossus joined.

If you're still going to use both the Phoenix and cure storylines, I hope you'll stick with the continuity set up by X1 and 2: Jean's powers evolved due to the radiation of Magneto's machine.
Here's a little idea: Magneto wants Phoenix to join him (maybe he uses Mastermind to influence her?) because he sees Jean as his 'creation', and it makes him feel more God-like.
Then when the cure comes along, he sees this as a threat, and decides it's time to destroy mankind for good.

I hope this helped. It sounds like an interesting project.
Good luck!

Thanks for the support WideAwake, and i whole heartedly agree with your point on introducing characters who will mean something. I'm not quite sure yet how to do the cure and the pheonix. I was thinking of not having the cure at all. I was thinking of exploring the paranoia of humans after X2. Kind of like the Red Scare and Communism, with Mutants being the "nuclear weapons" and the supposed communists at the same time and the Dark Cerebro almost killing everyone as kind of the nuclear bomb that set off the hysteria. This leading to the sentinals or some kind of KKK reference. I was also thinking of having creed and trask combined into one person, one person that believed in stryker's cause and wants to continue it. He would have Creed's political character (scheming and spreading propaganda) with Trask's sentinel idea. I just dont see a reason to have two different characters. What do you guys think. Im open to all suggestions.

bittercarrot said:
Hey, I'm an illustration student and an unsatisfied X3 audience member. For those who did not like X3. Please give me some well thought out reasons on why and some awesome suggestions on what should have happened. I will be writing and illustrating a comic of X3 and X4 (because it should have been a 2 parter). And try to think of a whole new plot, i have a few in my head, but i want to hear what others think. At the end, I will post this comic online and give credits to users whose ideas i have included,it won't be on sale or anything, it's just closure for us fans who wished that X3 was different. Think of it as a high production fan fic. Please no bashing, I'm being sincere here.

Can you post a quick sketch to give us a taste? The Pheonix with flames or something along those lines?

Those are some great ideas, bittercarrot.
Another idea; to really make this a story of our time, you could draw some parralels to Muslim fundametalists. I don't say this to offend anyone, but after 9/11, it's definetly an issue in the world.
When the first X Men came out, they had that great campain with taglines such as "Don't trust them all". Just like how after 9/11 all Muslims and other people from the Middle East were suddenly mistrusted. It would fit in with your idea of exploring mankind's paranoia with mutants.

As for the cure, I mentioned it before, but X3 did highlight the ethics behind the cure in a couple of scenes. They just didn't do enough with it, and the characters involved (Rogue, Ange and Beastl). X3 could benefit hugely from just a rewrite, and the addition of some new scenes.

These are some very great ideas. Marvel should hire some fans!

Nah, Marvel doesn't care what us fans think.

*looks at Spider-Man 3

bittercarrot said:
Hey HR PUFF N STUFF, great ideas. However, I think there are too many characters, I'm trying to focus on the characters we already have and the ones introduced in X3 (beast and angel). I love the morlock massacre and the sentinels plot, and creed running for president. I was thinking of tying Creed in with what happened in X2 (world almost killed by Xavier). Him using that as proof that there needs to be a registration act or some way to control the mutants (sentinels). I was thinking of bringing back jean in this one, and then show her developing strange emotions and powers, then in the 4th "movie" all hell is unleashed as she becomes the pheonix. Basically the 3rd "movie" continues the focus on humans fear of mutants and then the 4th, focus on jean and the notion of self sacrifice and uncontrollable powers.
oops i forgot to put that its a two parter.

Beast and Angel would both be old students like jean and scott, as would Emma Frost but that she, like, Jason wasn't able to stay at the school.
Emma would take the place of Mastermind in X3 seeing as Jason in X2 was ment to be Mastermind.
and i would have had Creed conected to Stryker.

How about someone re-write X1 and X2, so that they're not WOLVERINE movies.:O

DarknessOfDeath said:

No disrespect, i dont see how the two threads are the same, that only talks about scenes and dialogue. this one is about an entire new plot for 2 movies made into a fan comic book.

But anywho, i will try to draw a pheonix sample asap, i do have a full time job and i have free lance projects i need to work on. so please bear with me people. thanks again for the supporters. Just to let everyone know, i will change her costume, i really really hated her x3 costume, her pants were basically red leotards.

bittercarrot, just read the Dark Phoenix Saga and adapt it. Hellfire Club etc. Make it suit with Singer's X1 and 2.

Rough draft of pheonix will be posted tonight, keep on the look out. i dont have a scanner at home. so i kind of have to take a picture of it w my digi cam.

FunBobPants said:
hes not gonna go through with this :(

He will, he just has homework to do that gets in the way sometimes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"