Rian Johnson Directing Star Wars VIII!

giphy.gif

Do we know that JJ will really be one-and-done after TFA, or will he have some input on this one too even if he's not the one behind the camera?

The return of crews filming the new Star Wars film to the Skellig Michael Unesco World Heritage Site off the Co Kerry coast next month will be hugely beneficial for tourism in the area, Minister of State Jimmy Deenihan has said.

Mr Deenihan, a Kerry TD and former minister for arts who was involved in bringing the film to the island last year, has defended the move, which has been criticised by heritage group An Taisce.

He strongly defended the decision to allow Disney Lucasfilm on to the rock to film last year. He said that the return of the film crew next month will further enhance its appeal as a must-see visitor attraction for tourists coming to Ireland.

“I think that this will expose Skellig Rock to the world and I think it will bring thousands of tourists over time to Skellig Rock, weather permitting,” Mr Deenihan said. “Both Star War films are going to show what a gem Skellig Rock is to the world.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...-star-wars-shoot-on-skellig-michael-1.2334251

Kathleen Kennedy needs to stop teasing me with the prospect of Tatiana in a Star Wars movie.

:argh::jedi

Someone at Lucasfilm must REALLY like Tatiana Maslany. First she was up for the Rogue one job, and now here. Here's an idea, cast all of them, but in different roles. We need more women in SW films, so yeah just do that.

Kathleen Kennedy needs to stop teasing me with the prospect of Tatiana in a Star Wars movie.

:argh::jedi
I was coming in here to post this exact thing. Don't play with my heart like this, Kennedy.

Well, with her being in the running for a SECOND role, clearly she will star in one eventually. But I don't think I could handle the constant teasing of her involvement.

Olivia Cooke FTW!

Or anybody other than Jane the Virgin girl.

In regards to these three, it's rather simple:

-One plays the "new lead."
-Say for example, Gen. Hux or Captain Phasma get offed in TFA (ala Tarkin in ANH), then one can play the new FO commander (ala Adm. Piett in ESB and ROTJ).
-And the third can play, IDK, a Rebel soldier, or maybe a bounty hunter.

Hoping for Tatiana Maslany to get the part.

John Williams better start conjuring up music for this.

I thought Daisy Ridley was the female lead for the trilogy? Is she going to die or something?

But rhyming though. You know..like one female per trilogy. Right? Right? Rhyming.

There are multiple male leads, there can be multiple female leads.

but the way they are wording it makes it seem like the new character will be lead of the film along with John Boyega? I hope Ridley doesn't have a reduced role.

but the way they are wording it makes it seem like the new character will be lead of the film along with John Boyega? I hope Ridley doesn't have a reduced role.

It's called click-bait and it's something even the trades are notorious for doing. As myself and a few others have pointed out, the fact that the story calls this new character "THE FEMALE LEAD" means absolutely nothing. They throw the word "lead" around like they have stock in it. They will literally use the word for almost any role that is even remotely prominent in a tentpole film(and don't even get me started on their annoying overuse of the word "shortlist"). Remember when the trades announced announced that Emily VanCamp would be the female lead in Captain America The Winter Soldier? Well... we all know how that worked out. Emily did a great job(and I hear she does have a much larger role in Civil War), but she was only in the film for about four minutes. A few of these same sites even ran stories about how they heard Lupita's character in TFA would be one of the leads... "If not THE lead". Again... we all know how that worked out.

The fact that so many sites have run this story and spun it the way that they have is downright sad. And I know for a fact that many of these sites know better. They know most of the same spoilers for TFA that some of us here do and they know how TFA ends, which makes them running this story about a "NEW FEMALE LEAD" seem just as click-bait happy as the site who started the whole mess. I have no doubt that Rian is adding another female character to the film and that that character will be a prominent one. We already have our primary leads though... Daisy, John, and Oscar. If thewrap really wanted to have run a responsible version of the same story, they would have said just that, that Rian was adding another female character to the cast that would be featured prominently the film. They'd still be doing a ton of guess work, but at least they'd be running a somewhat honest story.

So Del Toro is officially in as the bad guy apparently, cool.

Benicio Del Toro Will Be “Like The Villain” In STAR WARS EPISODE VIII

Interviewer: And are you going to shoot something after that?

Benicio Del Toro: No, just… *pause* Star Wars is coming up, we will see how that turns out. I think we start shooting in March.

Interviewer: And what’s your role in this new Star Wars chapter?

Benicio: Ehhh…. the thing is…. They don’t let me talk too much about it, I’m like the villain.

Interviewer: Oh wow!

Benicio: But…. we’ll see…*laughs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"