• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark / Iron Man

That's a straw man and you know it. Him being in the MCU shouldn't necessarily translate to having other heroes showing up in his own films, especially when many of those excited for the Marvel/Sony deal clearly expressed interest in the idea of Spidey's films still feeling relatively standalone compared to the Avengers ones.

Plus, I seem to remember people wanting Spidey to interact with The Avengers in those movies, i.e. Infinity Wars, etc.

Not so much in his solo films.

That is a very logical post. If only the entire fandom could hear it...even if they could some of them still wouldnt listen.

He's new. That explains it. :oldrazz:

This is too much.

If it's a 5 minute cameo of sorts, then fine but at this point RDJ/Stark is starting to feel like Puffy Daddy, who in the 90's used to be in everybody's video on his Bad Boy Label..and it got annoying.

I've always felt that RDJ's IM was over rated anyway. IM1 is the only universally liked IM movie of the 3. Most ppl hate 2, and ppl are split on IM3, yet Marvel acts like he's the center piece for their entire universe.....

Just like Haley Atwell! She's in everything! Winter Soldier! Age of Ultron! Antman! Even had her own show! Come on, Marvel! :oldrazz:

RDJ = MCU

I think it should have been a character like Hawkeye or someone small to set Spidey up, but they broke the bank for RDJ. Just confirms the formula above.

Tony stark has so far been in:
IM 1, 2 and 3
Avengers 1 and 2
Civil War

Was he not supposed to be in his own solo movies? Was he not supposed to be in the avengers movies?

I don't know why I am surprised, but it just blows my mind that people are upset about this, and somehow already know how Marvel plans on ruining the movie by making Stark over shadow Peter.

Marvel knows what they're doing. This isn't their first film. This, is however their first Spider-Man film. They aren't going to sacrifice this opportunity by shoe horning in a character simply for the sake of it, nor are they going to allow that character to overshadow Spider-Man in his own film. Their entire business is built on a shared universe and knowing how to handle multiple superheroes in one film.

People seem to have a hard time understanding that like in the comics, superheroes aren't a big deal; they weave in and out of each other's lives all the time; they are just as much a part of the cast of characters as the "regular" people. Now that we have an entire cinematic universe that supports multiple superheroes, it's time to let that be true in the movies, and not just the Avengers films.

The complaining on here is hilarious, because we don't even know how big or small of a role Stark is getting in the film.

People are just going to complain no matter. People complained about where the rest of the Avengers were when SHIELD fell in Winter Soldier and now the same people are complaining about too many characters in Civil War. People complain about Sony hogging up Spidey to themselves and not getting to see him interact with the Avengers and now that we finally get it we get people complaining that Iron Man is going to steal the show lol.

Spider-Man is finally a part of the MCU, they should have fun with it. If they made just another simple Spidey solo flick then what really makes it different from the previous 5 movies Sony has already done? I like that Tony Stark is actually appearing in the movie rather than some silly Agents of SHIELD/Netflix style references to other characters in the universe to just let people know they co-exist.

I'm very excited to see how this project turns out. But I do agree with the thought that too much Iron Man in this could be a bad idea, but we don't know the extent yet so there is no point in complaining.

The complaining on here is hilarious, because we don't even know how big or small of a role Stark is getting in the film.

People are just going to complain no matter. People complained about where the rest of the Avengers were when SHIELD fell in Winter Soldier and now the same people are complaining about too many characters in Civil War. People complain about Sony hogging up Spidey to themselves and not getting to see him interact with the Avengers and now that we finally get it we get people complaining that Iron Man is going to steal the show lol.

Spider-Man is finally a part of the MCU, they should have fun with it. If they made just another simple Spidey solo flick then what really makes it different from the previous 5 movies Sony has already done? I like that Tony Stark is actually appearing in the movie rather than some silly Agents of SHIELD/Netflix style references to other characters in the universe to just let people know they co-exist.

I'm very excited to see how this project turns out. But I do agree with the thought that too much Iron Man in this could be a bad idea, but we don't know the extent yet so there is no point in complaining.
Preach it!! Agree with every single word of this post.

Furthermore there's actually a pretty good little nugget implanted in Civil War for his revisit.

:hmr: great post

Totally agree about Sony already doing 5 solo Spiderman flicks. Adding Iron Man/Tony Stark makes it different instead of more of the same. It is kinda sad how some seem to despise RDJ now like he shouldn't have appeared in his solo films or the Avengers flicks. Iron Man appearing is only a positive for me.

I remember when everyone was hypothesizing that Tony Stark would make an appearance, and that the story would revolve around a subplot about he and Peter's personal relationship. That was at least half a year ago.....

Now look at what's happening.... Crazy!

Can everyone stop complaining about Tony Stark/Iron Man being in Spider-Man Homecoming?

Like seriously, are you guys just too tired of his MCU Appearances to just be excited for him being the first MCU Character to appear in a Spider-Man MCU Solo Film?

Really? There is no reason to complain considering Spider-Man is on Team Iron Man for most of the film, gaining a pretty substantial relationship with Tony throughout the story.

So why all of a sudden would Tony stark/Iron Man being in Marvel's Spider-Man Homecoming be such a big ruckus? Like, why can't we just all calm down and realize that he's in the film due to Peter's prior major relationship he gained in Civil War? That's enough to prove why he's okay to be in it, especially considering RDJ has had a prior relationship with Marissa Tomei, who is playing Aunt May in Spidey's MCU Solo series!

Iron Man

Iron Man

Iron Man

Iron Man

Iron Man

giphy.gif

When the movie comes out and is great, will people still complain about Stark?

Isn't this exactly why we wanted Spidey in the MCU? So he can play with the other characters? Why are some of you guys complaining?

We won't see much interaction, if any, between RDJ's Iron Man and Tom's Peter after 2019. So like.....be happy about this news. :oldrazz:

Honestly, it feels natural RDJ would be in this after how their characters interact in Civil War.

Title to be changed to:

Iron Man: Senior Prom

When the movie comes out and is great, will people still complain about Stark?

As long as he doesn't have any mentor or Q/Lucius type of role, no.

It's not him being in the movie that's the problem, it's what that potentially means.

I wonder what exactly convinced so many people that RDJ in SPIDER-MAN Homecoming = the movie turning into Iron Man 4/Peter turning into Stark junior when Feige, the writers of the movie and John Watts have all explicitly stated multiple times that the movie is going to focus on Peter and his supporting cast first and foremost, with him being a normal kid and trying to balance out school with super heroing

I wonder what exactly convinced so many people that RDJ in SPIDER-MAN Homecoming = the movie turning into Iron Man 4/Peter turning into Stark junior when Feige, the writers of the movie and John Watts have all explicitly stated multiple times that the movie is going to focus on Peter and his supporting cast first and foremost, with him being a normal kid and trying to balance out school with super heroing

That fly out the window the moment you announced Stark in Homecooking

That fly out the window the moment you announced Stark in Homecooking

You mean like how announcing Stark, the Avengers, Black Panther and Spider-Man in Civil War negated it being a Captain America movie first and foremost?

You mean like how announcing Stark, the Avengers, Black Panther and Spider-Man in Civil War negated it being a Captain America movie first and foremost?

Cap America: Civil War movie is basically just Civil War movie or Avengers v2.5. It isnt Cap standalone movie. It isnt true Cap sequel. It's standalone piss-off who has bigger *ick movie. Same as BvS isnt MoS true sequel, we are still waiting for Superman solo sequel. And I dont want Homecooking or Greatness Awaits to be that. I want it to be true Spider-Man standalone movie.

And when you get Stark, or anyone else from Avengers starring in it, you are losing magic of what Spider-Man is. There is reason why in Cap America Civil War movie, nobody talks about Cap. All they talk is how good Black panther is or how good Spidey is, or how big Giant-Man is.

Last edited:
Cap America: Civil War movie is basically just Civil War movie or Avengers v2.5. It isnt Cap standalone movie. It isnt true Cap sequel. It's standalone piss-off who has bigger *ick movie. Same as BvS isnt MoS true sequel, we are still waiting for Superman solo sequel. And I dont want Homecooking or Greatness Awaits to be that. I want it to be true Spider-Man standalone movie.

First off, BvS was never intended to be the true MOS sequel. Secondly, Civil War is very much a Captain America movie, it's more of a continuation of the Winter Soldier. And finally, why do you keep calling it Homecooking?

First off, BvS was never intended to be the true MOS sequel. Secondly, Civil War is very much a Captain America movie, it's more of a continuation of the Winter Soldier. And finally, why do you keep calling it Homecooking?

Cause I mocking everything this film represent. From fishy director to fishy screenwriters, to a cartoon logo and bad movie title. Only thing hyped me for this movie is Holland and suit. Everything else is for me garbage including supporting cast and now you got basically biggest name you could got to steal a Holland's spotlight and his movie.

Last edited:
And I dont want Homecooking or Greatness Awaits to be that.

Well, you have come to the right movie then. :)
Or if you think you haven't, there's always Ultimate Spider-Man to watch, weekly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"