Robin or no Robin?

Dick Grayson should be Nightwing at this point and with rumors of Jason Todd/Red Hood appearing, i think the obvious pick as to who should be Robin is Tim Drake

I doubt. Carrie Kelly or no current Robin. I'd rather see Jena Malone as Barbara and Bruce in a place where he's like screw it, i'll never let another Robin in. And leave it at that.

I'd love to see the Bat family consist of a dead Jason, Nightwing, Oracle and Tim/Robin

It would have been hilarious if you only said "I'd love to see the Bat family consist of a dead Jason."

Nightwing and Robin (Damien Wayne) or nobody. I know the latter isn't popular, but I don't care. The only one worthy to wear the cowl after Bruce IMO. My headcanon is that Damien is the one that creates the Batman Beyond suit and trains Terry Mcginnis who is his biological son/clone.

... Damien Wayne presumably brings in Talia and Ra's... and the League of Shadows.. I guess we'll see what the solo Batman follow-up is..

So many Robins at this point, it's almost pointless to enter the debate.. I just hope it's something compelling, if the character is dealt with at all.

No Dick for us :)
Don09sV.jpg

Im happy about this if true.

Killing off Grayson adds more weight and makes it more simple for this film. Soo much is going on already, you dont want to explain 2 or 3 robin's and their history.

Nightwing will be on tv sooner than later, so the fans can get their fix with that. Now, just leave Gordon alone!

It better be '82. If it was '92, Robin was 8 years old when he was (presumably) beaten to death by the Joker? I don't think so.

Upset if they really decided to do what that picture depicts. It ****s on Nightwing who at one point held the title of Batman, I wouldn't have minded if it were any of the other robins.

I definitely agree with Frank Miller here,

FM - "I just love the idea of a young Robin. That's why I created Carrie Kelley in Dark Knight - I just loved the contrast between this stocky, tough, dark adult, and a colorful little pixie running around. I found that introducing Robin completes Batman as a character."

I feel the options are between,

Tim Drake

Robin_TNBA.png

and

Carrie Kelley

916f415c55b9c6fe5b6a695db7308587.jpg

with maybe Duke Thomas as a wildcard.

However if I had to choose between Tim and Carrie, it would be Carrie in an instant. More fun and hip (which the DCEU needs). Plus a female Robin is an easier sell and actually helps dispel all the 'Gay Batman' slights he gets.

Plus while I enjoyed Tim Drake when I was growing up it occurs to me now how much of a pandering, square piece for square hole creation he was. A sexless teenager seen playing DnD, whose detective skills rival Batman's. *Sigh*.

Dick Grayson as Nightwing!! Jason Todd dead, Batgirl and Tim Drake Robin as current proteges. That would be awesome

Elle Fanning for Carrie
fanning-elle-books-ginger-and-rosa.png

She's in Affleck's new film due out next year.

A definite yes to Robin... and throw in Nightwing and Batgirl/Oracle while you're at it. At this stage I'd luuuv to have a Batman solo be all about the Batfamily. Not just as cameos/fanservice, but as the actual backbone of the film. A structure of flashbacks to all the biggest hits - Dick's training, his falling out with Bruce, the death of Jason Todd, the shooting of Barbara - interspersed with the main storyline, something that forces them all back together. Add Tim Drake to the mix, if he fits. Explore Batman's "mandatory" loneliness as something that ought to be questioned, and the idea of allowing kids to become vigilantes to channel their pain towards something useful and inadvertently building a legit family out of it, Alfred included. That alone seems like such a juicy thing to build a Batman movie around. Not to mention that it'd be a piece of cake to market.

Robin is a ridiculous character and i don't need him in any Batman movie.

My prediction:
Dick Grayson as Nightwing.
Jason Todd as Red Hood/Hush/Arkham Knight or whatever antagonistic alias they can come up with.

There probably will be no Robin,if there is a Robin then it will be an aged Damian and even then he would just be Son of Batman. Tim Drake is a non entity,a nobody that has less of a chance than even Bat-Mite as far as I'm concerned. If he couldn't make it to TAS,The Batman and the other 90's and 2000's Batman related projects(the character they used in TAS was a renamed Jason) then he isn't making it in an era in which Damian has 4 animated movies to himself where he is a distinct character that cant be confused with any other Robin. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't even consider Carrie but with WB/DC obsession with Frank Miller I think she has a fair shot.

Last edited:
Yes God Robin. Robin brings a sense of fun. This Batman desperately needs it. Affleck's Batman of all Batman's needs a Robin to balance him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"