• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

rogue and the random bandwagon of newcomers

RaisingStorm said:
so lets just be happy with the fact that that cure is not permanent as they intended for us to do by putting that Magneto Scene at the end.

But that's exact;y the opposite of what that scene was supopsed to achieve. It was suposed to be a cliffhanger, something to make you think. As of right now, there are no right answers, as an X4 isn't even in the works so the writers havent even got that far. It was just to give the viewers something to talk/think about after they left the movie.
Don't get me wrong, in the next movie it might very well be that all the mutants get their powers back, but I don't think that end scene with Magneto was supposed to solidly represent that though. Like I said, it was something to surprise you and make you think about it afters, not a set in stone "THE POWERS WILL COME BACK FOR EVERYBDOY" message.

Mothling said:
Oh they must do, should they? And you're basing this on what? The writers could come up with whatever the hell they wanted and a way to explain them not getting them back. A few off the top of my head;

1) Oh, Magneto's power has came back but not Mystique or Rogue's. The reason for this is because Magneto took 4 cure darts and Mystique and Rogue only took one, and the cure was so unstable that it had to be a very particular dosage in order for it to be permanent and not eventually cancel itself out or overload the body causing the body to react to it as a disease and attack the cure, thus flushing it out of the system.

2) The cure simply doesn't work on 100% of mutants. Much like every other "cure" for anything out there, it won't work on everybody it simply isn't possible. Especially considering there are so many different strains of the mutant gene out there, infact so many of them would be almost unique considering they all have near enough different powers.
The cure simply didn't work with Magneto and his DNA rejected the cure.

There. done. simple. and there is a whole plethora of ideas thw writers could use. This is a superhero movie afterall. Nothing is going to be so simple "It happened to Magneto therefore it MUST happen to the rest." Superhero movies arent based in reality, therefore anything can happen. There are no must's.

thats is actually true. never thought of that. still it would never shock me if rogue and mystique got their powers back any more than it would if they did...i personally wouldn't care either way.

Jean Grey Rocks :xmen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"