Rogue getting the "Cure"

I have a feeling that the x-men will have to save her again...

The Apocalypse said:
I have a feeling that the x-men will have to save her again...
I don't know....that seems like it would be too much with all the other stuff that is probably going to be happening.

I think they'd be crazy not to explore what Rogue's thought are on this cure. Out of everyone, her story throughout the franchise has built up to this 'cure' moment, IMO.

Personally, I hope she doesn't take it, but if she does, I won't be extremely pi$$ed off, either.

I really hope Leech got the cure because a Leech without prosthetics is just plain lazy.

With mention of a possible cure in both X1 (deleted scene with Rogue and Storm) and X2 (convo between Stryker and Xavier), I wonder if maybe Singer had intentions for a cure storyline as well?

I think this "cure" thing is yelling a story towards Rogue. There's gotta be a decisive point in which she can obtain the "cure" for her mutation or stay the way she is and be able to make a difference (hopefully) in a group where she feels she belongs now.

If she doesn't at least show some interest in the cure, I'll be extremely disappointed. She was more than a little interested in a cure in the comics, as well as TAS. I think that this page from Uncanny #359 sums it up well.

uncannyxm259xb65au.jpg

In that issue, though, the Dr's assistant ended up being Mystique and she pretty much reminded Rogue what kind of an idiot she was being for giving it all up. Rogue still wanted to take the cure, but the fact that it would most likely be used on other mutants against their will prompted her to instead destroy the machine. Rather angrily.

With all the **** that seems to be cascading down upon Rogue in this movie (the deaths, the cheatings), she's probably going to reach the breaking point sometime. Aiding in destroying the "cure" (which appears to be a medicine kind of thing, so smashing little vials shouldn't be too hard even for this version of Rogue) that she herself wanted so badly moments before would be an interesting way to show that.

I loved those issues of Uncanny. Chris Bachalo's (SP?) art was at it's best there, IMO.

I love Bachalo's art. A lot of people hate it.

Rogue will be strong and wise enough to not take the cure.

I've said this on the Rogue thread. I feel that now we're in the 3rd movie, Rogue needs to step up and get a more independant role. I liked X2, but one thing I was disappointed in was the lack of development in Rogue after having such a big role in X1.

I got a feeling they'll do a good job wth her this time. I hope they keep that plotline where she takes part in those Brotherhood meetings (much better than a love triangle IMO). However I hope it doesn't lead to her getting rescued again.

Feyd Rautha said:
I got a feeling they'll do a good job wth her this time. I hope they keep that plotline where she takes part in those Brotherhood meetings (much better than a love triangle IMO). However I hope it doesn't lead to her getting rescued again.

But this love triangle exposes multiple purposes that prompts Iceman, Shadowcat and last of all but not the least Rogue along in their overarching development, and could achieve different affectations, outcomes and explorations in these characters.

Of course, the most obvious being that Rogue has to break away from Iceman, therefore restoring and preserving the 'canonical' aspect of the comics if we want to see Gambit down the line; to see her burgeoning independence and sassy streak; and as far as Iceman and Shadowcat are concerned, other than the introduction and prominence of the latter, they have to have an arc of their own, but because it's the two together, unlike their comical counterparts, I can't see how say, Bobby's infamous prankster nature would emerge here overtly, compared to the more implicit methods.

And as for Kitty Pryde? I do know her powers allow for such that they are going to be original and exhibited in that manner, but are we going to know that she is Jewish in her behaviour... and furthermore, do both Iceman and Shadowcat provide interesting templates for the Cure plot...?

And anyway, if Rogue is going to the Brotherhood meetings, especially with mutual enmity between Magneto and Rogue, she has to have a personal motive in that department, and being a double agent or 'spying' won't fly with Magneto, who'd be just as smart as the professor gives credit to for.

Also - if the subject of this thread is anything to indicate by, Rogue's 'best interests' will conflict with Magneto's unwavering stance, so it won't work.

pyromaniac said:
But this love triangle exposes multiple purposes that prompts Iceman, Shadowcat and last of all but not the least Rogue along in their overarching development, and could achieve different affectations, outcomes and explorations in these characters.

Of course, the most obvious being that Rogue has to break away from Iceman, therefore restoring and preserving the 'canonical' aspect of the comics if we want to see Gambit down the line; to see her burgeoning independence and sassy streak; and as far as Iceman and Shadowcat are concerned, other than the introduction and prominence of the latter, they have to have an arc of their own, but because it's the two together, unlike their comical counterparts, I can't see how say, Bobby's infamous prankster nature would emerge here overtly, compared to the more implicit methods.

And as for Kitty Pryde? I do know her powers allow for such that they are going to be original and exhibited in that manner, but are we going to know that she is Jewish in her behaviour... and furthermore, do both Iceman and Shadowcat provide interesting templates for the Cure plot...?

And anyway, if Rogue is going to the Brotherhood meetings, especially with mutual enmity between Magneto and Rogue, she has to have a personal motive in that department, and being a double agent or 'spying' won't fly with Magneto, who'd be just as smart as the professor gives credit to for.

Also - if the subject of this thread is anything to indicate by, Rogue's 'best interests' will conflict with Magneto's unwavering stance, so it won't work.

We'll have to agree to disagree in some areas. But you have some good points. I'm just hoping this triangle wont carry throughout the entire film, otherwise it becomes a little too soapy. But I can see how this can dramatically change the status quo on Rogue. Iceman and Kitty do have a plot of their own, from what I remember from the script review, they along with Beast break in to steal a sample of the cure. So they do seem to share many scenes together.

As for the Brotherhood meetings? Well, it's not clear to why Rogue attends those. My opinion is that she could be secretly spying on them on her own without the Professor's knowledge of it.

Feyd Rautha said:
We'll have to agree to disagree in some areas. But you have some good points. I'm just hoping this triangle wont carry throughout the entire film, otherwise it becomes a little too soapy. But I can see how this can dramatically change the status quo on Rogue. Iceman and Kitty do have a plot of their own, from what I remember from the script review, they along with Beast break in to steal a sample of the cure. So they do seem to share many scenes together.

No, I know, I actually agree with you on the love triangle plot device: it automatically makes for some soap opera drama or relegated to as such that we don't really need.

(note: okay, I know the Xmen comics are full of those sometimes, but at least they're 'canon' LOL.)

I also hadn't said I agree with the utility of said love triangle plot, but that it might serve a purpose after some contemplation, and after some initial dislike of it, I might add. I still dislike it to some extent, but when it comes to Rogue, this should make for some rather effective characterisation.

Feyd Rautha said:
As for the Brotherhood meetings? Well, it's not clear to why Rogue attends those. My opinion is that she could be secretly spying on them on her own without the Professor's knowledge of it.

You mean, from a distance? But whatever for? She wants the cure, and Magneto is against it - doesn't make sense. Okay, I'll amend this is still speculation on either of our parts - she doesn't have to 'want' the cure, but be curious about it, and if she wants to know if it provides benefits for her or not, she'd - doubled with the betrayal of her own love life (as well as reflection of her own powers: the fact that she is replaced by Kitty would connote she want, more than ever, need the cure, so she can touch again and be able to have all the kinks of romance that only those capable of physical intimacy can afford) - might be more inclined to look in on Magneto's speeches and debating with herself that the cure may conflict with her actual chances of a 'normal' life. That is, it can't do the job for her; she has to want to lead and maintain a semblance of a life she can control, with or without her powers, and that perhaps may mark the conclusion of her arc.

pyromaniac said:
You mean, from a distance? But whatever for? She wants the cure, and Magneto is against it - doesn't make sense. Okay, I'll amend this is still speculation on either of our parts - she doesn't have to 'want' the cure, but be curious about it, and if she wants to know if it provides benefits for her or not, she'd - doubled with the betrayal of her own love life (as well as reflection of her own powers: the fact that she is replaced by Kitty would connote she want, more than ever, need the cure, so she can touch again and be able to have all the kinks of romance that only those capable of physical intimacy can afford) - might be more inclined to look in on Magneto's speeches and debating with herself that the cure may conflict with her actual chances of a 'normal' life. That is, it can't do the job for her; she has to want to lead and maintain a semblance of a life she can control, with or without her powers, and that perhaps may mark the conclusion of her arc.

Yeah. I must admit, when I first read that part on the script (Rogue/Brotherhood meetings) I couldn't quite figure out why she would join (or even spy). Mostly because Magneto tried to sacrifice her in the first film.

This plotline is still a mystery, but I'm definately intrigued...

i think that the 3rd movie could be a very good movie for devoloping rogue. in the first movie, she was weak and scared she met and fell for iceman and found a home in the xmansion. in the second movie the relationship between the two was fleshed out (still uncertain of herself and her powers)
if we are to judge that from the trailer that there is some sort of relationship with bobby/kitty, then for all we know it was iceman comforting a new friend, imean, she did look upset. it could also be more of a love triangle. either way, this could lead an insecure rogue to get upset. maybe this resentment will lead to her becoming more independent and conseqeuntly, maybe a little cocky and have a bit of an attitude (like in the comics and cartoon)
with more of an independent attitude, and the training of her powers she must have gotten at the school, she would be a lot like the rogue of the comic world.
i really think that a love triangle could advance her character to this point, then (assuming shes not such a bystander in this film) she could suck the powers of plenty of folks, giving her various abilities. she may absorb some of juggernauts powers and do some crazy-powerful moves as a nod to the fans.

im still kinda hoping that she ends up with some sort of permenently-absorbed powers. with the magnitude of the power that she would eventually get (if she gets comic-like powers) its make sense for her to keep physical contact for a long time. she figures that this person is a serious threat and needs to be SERIOUSLY drained.
anyway, at this point, im just rambling. but i would love to hear what you guys think about it.
...:thing:..._
[__] [__]..\_\_\_\:up:

I'd slap her round the face and say 'What the hell do you think your doing'

Gambit will be in the next film - Can't you hang on till then?

Electrix said:

The voice of compassion ;)

Electrix said:
Would you have a glove on?

Electrix said:
I dont need protection!

:D

Fear all women :eek: - unless you keep your legs firmly together

Electrix said:
I dont need protection!

*imagines a queue of women knocking at Electrix's door: "dude, this baby's YOURS, be responsible and sign me a check!!!"*

About Rogue... "it's up to you, sweet... but *****s exist for a reason." :O:D

I wouldnt. In fact, in her case, i think she should get the cure

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"