Roguish charm... The Flash Rouges Thread.

I think a suit could be done that evoked some of the classic look but not go over the line into cheese. You can do the hood, but the fur trim is a bit much let's just say.

I think the Flash movie more than any other needs to embrace the cheese.

I think the Flash movie more than any other needs to embrace the cheese.

Nah, the upcoming Shazam movie needs that. After all, his comics show a talking tiger & a grandfather with the powers of Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Man, Flash really has the worst DC villains.

Also, aside from Reverse Flash, none of those should be able to even touch him. I mean, how are Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold able to fight against the fastest man alive?

Also, aside from Reverse Flash, none of those should be able to even touch him. I mean, how are Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold able to fight against the fastest man alive?

There's these things called comics that hold all the answers you seek.

There's these things called comics that hold all the answers you seek.

No ****? :woot:

Anyway, I am sure they have some way to make it make sense in the comics, my question is more in line of - could it translate well to film?

Really?

I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

The Flash has been cited as having enemies that are up there with Batman and Spidey's rogues galleries. Inventive and colorful villains that can be used a variety of ways.

I see... well on paper they seem quite bad, at least to me.

I am still curious about how Boomerang and Captain Cold manage to fight Flash, though...

I see... well on paper they seem quite bad, at least to me.

I am still curious about how Boomerang and Captain Cold manage to fight Flash, though...

Well, Flash's rogues often fight as a team which is what makes them a threat to Flash. A team of Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Heatwave, Weather Wizard and Captain Cold is no joke.

Anyway, individually; Captain Cold's gun produces a cold field which slows down Flash. He also freezes the ground around him which makes it difficult for Flash.

I find it more difficult to defend Captain Boomerang. At times he has had some super-speed abilities. For the most part he is about trick boomerangs. Gas boomerangs, Electrified boomerangs, I believe gravity ones too.

No ****? :woot:

Anyway, I am sure they have some way to make it make sense in the comics, my question is more in line of - could it translate well to film?

There are also two live-action TV shows about him. Both of which feature Captain Cold.

They can take him on the same way a scrawny insane clown can match up to a brilliant, angry billionaire with the best fighting skills and gadgets in the world. Or the way a guy who can't even grow eyebrows can take on a Kryptonian sungod. With writing.

Well, Flash's rogues often fight as a team which is what makes them a threat to Flash. A team of Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Heatwave, Weather Wizard and Captain Cold is no joke.

Anyway, individually; Captain Cold's gun produces a cold field which slows down Flash. He also freezes the ground around him which makes it difficult for Flash.

I find it more difficult to defend Captain Boomerang. At times he has had some super-speed abilities. For the most part he is about trick boomerangs. Gas boomerangs, Electrified boomerangs, I believe gravity ones too.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

And yeah, Boomerang was the one who puzzled me more than Captain Cold. I could imagine the latter using his freeze technology to slow Flash down, but couldn't wrap my head around the idea of Boomerang being able to hit Flash.

There are also two live-action TV shows about him. Both of which feature Captain Cold.

They can take him on the same way a scrawny insane clown can match up to a brilliant, angry billionaire with the best fighting skills and gadgets in the world. Or the way a guy who can't even grow eyebrows can take on a Kryptonian sungod. With writing.

Ah no, there's no way I am watching that crap.

And I get that everything can be written to make sense in fictional work, my point was that Flash is superfast meta and those two are just guys with some weaponry. It's nowhere near the case of Batman and Joker who are both normal human beings or even Superman and Luthor, who, despite being only human, is one of the most powerful people on Earth and has endless resources.

Anyway, I pretty much got my answer above.

So, which villain would you guys like to see in the solo film? Personally, I'd like to see Grodd. Especially since it'll be too difficult to go full Grodd on the TV show.

Given how most villains have been so well portrayed in the TV Series, I'm not really sure. Boomerang will probably figure though, to fit in with Suicide Squad.

I'd love an actual Gorilla Grodd not just a lab experiment. And of course you need Reverse Flash at some point.

Captain Cold - Max Martini
Heat Wave - Cole Hauser
Weather Wizard - Kirk Acevedo
Mirror Master - Stephen Graham
Trickster - Jay Mohr

Man, Flash really has the worst DC villains.

I cringe so hard when people say stuff like this.

Please do yourself and favor and pick up the Final Crisis Rogues mini-series - it's only 3 issues long and it does a lot to build background for these characters. Their names are deceivingly silly because they are no joke. A close second in recommendation is the Rogue War arc from Wally's run as the Flash. Be sure the grab the Heat Wave issue just before it as well. The characters are deeper than they appear at eye level. Their ideas of morality and their approach to their criminal livelihoods make them more interesting than even some of the Bat villains who's only claim to fame is their mental instability.

As a group, they're more powerful than the vast majority of the Justice League Rogues... Mirror Master and Abra Kadabra are basically reality warpers and Cold can achieve absolute zero which lots of the other ice villains envy. Weather Wizard's weather ability protects him and also allows him to **** people up from the inside out (literally). Heat Wave's fire is hotter than the friction that the Flash generates by running around. Pied Piper acquired the ability to utilize the Anti-Life Equation for a time. The Top figured out mind control. I could go on. These guys are more than a match for Flash.

I used to think The Flash's rogue gallery was lame until I actually read the comics.

Please do yourself and favor and pick up the Final Crisis Rogues mini-series - it's only 3 issues long and it does a lot to build background for these characters. Their names are deceivingly silly because they are no joke. A close second in recommendation is the Rogue War arc from Wally's run as the Flash. Be sure the grab the Heat Wave issue just before it as well. The characters are deeper than they appear at eye level. Their ideas of morality and their approach to their criminal livelihoods make them more interesting than even some of the Bat villains who's only claim to fame is their mental instability.

As a group, they're more powerful than the vast majority of the Justice League Rogues... Mirror Master and Abra Kadabra are basically reality warpers and Cold can achieve absolute zero which lots of the other ice villains envy. Weather Wizard's weather ability protects him and also allows him to **** people up from the inside out (literally). Heat Wave's fire is hotter than the friction that the Flash generates by running around. Pied Piper acquired the ability to utilize the Anti-Life Equation for a time. The Top figured out mind control. I could go on. These guys are more than a match for Flash.

Great post, but for most people their introduction to Flash and his rogues have been the television show. They haven't explained on the show why Heat Wave or Cap Cold are threats to Barry.

I agree with all of this :applaud

The Flash has one of the best rouge galleries in comics.

I know everyone is a flash rogues fan over here.
But I would rather not here their super villain names in film..Unless if thats what The Flash calls them to make fun of them while fighting them. That would just add on to his behaviour of being witty and funny.

I mean Captain Cold, Pied Piper, Weather Wizard and Abrakadabra? Ridiculous names, it would be better if those villains acknowledge themselves through their actual names to not seem as silly, it will allow them to be non cheesy villains.

Captain Cold and Heatwave in the CW are such a cheese overlord, I cringe every time I see them. Especially with those ****** actors and those silly one-liners. The one-liners make you think the writers are like 10 year olds and that's how they think criminals would actually sound.

I think a suit could be done that evoked some of the classic look but not go over the line into cheese. You can do the hood, but the fur trim is a bit much let's just say.

Yea I think the rogues need a really big redesign, I mean every one of them look weird. Boomerang in SS looks cool and it matches his characteristic of being a crazy *****ebag/badass.

All the Rogues on the CW have very toned down normal clothing in comparison to their comic counterparts so it is proof that they can translate into live action.

Characters like the Trickster deliberately dress flamboyantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"