Roguish charm... The Flash Rouges Thread.

Daniel Craig as Heat Wave I can actually see that

Captain Cold - Joel Egerton
CaptainCold-278x300.jpg
170106135021-creators-joel-edgerton-large-169.jpg

Heat Wave - Daniel Craig
e0548d68b50bff43963b14cbab5165fb8e345e43_hq.jpg
capture-decran-2017-05-29-a-13.46.11-480x279.jpg

Mirror Master - Keegan Michael Key
352px-Mirror_Master.jpg
Keegan+Michael+Key+ivC6K9YROtIm.jpg

Golden Glider - Anna Kendrick
th
anna-kendrick-gq-feature-september-2013.jpg

Weather Wizard - Diego Luna
th
Diego_Luna_MILIMA20160713_0480_11.jpg

Great list!

Regarding Thawne, I'm all for the Rogues being the villains for a first film, but I do think Thawne should be seen, maybe toward the end, just observing Barry from the shadows or something? We'd see him, Barry wouldn't. If they kept the character in the shadows (minus the glowing red eyes?) they'd not necessarily need to cast him ahead of time either.

Maybe then leave him out of, or repeat the same process for a second film, and then have him the villain in the third (and possibly final? film). I'd use Grodd or DeVoe as the villain for the third film, or maybe a combination of the two.

The Rogues should probably consist of a minimal line-up, specifically;
  • Captain Cold
  • Golden Glider
  • Heatwave
  • Weather Wizard
  • Mirror Master

Oh wait, does this mean that stuff like The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, or any show within the DCCW might not have future access to The Rogues, even though Heat Wave is part of Rip Hunter's team on Legends?
I don't think we need to worry about Mick Rory on Legends; that character is no longer the standard villain that he initially portrayed - I guess the CW made the most of a creative licence; he's very much an antihero as far as Legends are concerned, maybe even a hero to some degree.

Regarding Thawne, I'm all for the Rogues being the villains for a first film, but I do think Thawne should be seen, maybe toward the end, just observing Barry from the shadows or something? We'd see him, Barry wouldn't. If they kept the character in the shadows (minus the glowing red eyes?) they'd not necessarily need to cast him ahead of time either.

Maybe then leave him out of, or repeat the same process for a second film, and then have him the villain in the third (and possibly final? film). I'd use Grodd or DeVoe as the villain for the third film, or maybe a combination of the two.

The Rogues should probably consist of a minimal line-up, specifically;
  • Captain Cold
  • Golden Glider
  • Heatwave
  • Weather Wizard
  • Mirror Master

I don't think we need to worry about Mick Rory on Legends; that character is no longer the standard villain that he initially portrayed - I guess the CW made the most of a creative licence; he's very much an antihero as far as Legends are concerned, maybe even a hero to some degree.

That is the perfect way to go about it but would Warner Brothers and their brass/execs find some way to screw that up even?

Jason Bateman - Captain Cold

Yeah, I was thinking if the directors bring back some Game Night cast members who they could play.

Jason Bateman - Captain Cold
Jesse Plemons - Heat Wave
Rachel McAdams - Golden Glider
Lamorne Morris - Mirror Master
Billy Magnussen - Weather Wizard
Michael C. Hall - Reverse Flash
Kyle Chandler - Captain Frye
Sharon Horgan - Nora Allen

Last edited:
I'm pulling for Walton Goggins as Captain Cold. When I saw that he would be in Ant-Man and the Wasp, I figured getting him for this would be a no-go, mainly because I thought his Ant-Man role would be much more substantial. But after seeing what that role actually was, I'm all for it again.

I'm pulling for Walton Goggins as Captain Cold. When I saw that he would be in Ant-Man and the Wasp, I figured getting him for this would be a no-go, mainly because I thought his Ant-Man role would be much more substantial. But after seeing what that role actually was, I'm all for it again.

He would be a great choice. Kinda a slick but slimey Snart.

There's so much potential for the Rogues on the big screen with both casting and plot. Hopefully they succeed with the Rogues because that's one of the areas that the television series failed in.

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Captain Cold

Michael Fassbender as Heatwave

Boyd Holbrook as Reverse-Flash

Adam Driver as Reverse Flash
Sam Worthington as Captain Cold
Boyd Holbrook as Heatwave

Had a thought for Cold earlier: Ben Foster

Doesn't really do comedic work, so play him as comically serious opposite the other Rogues or just Ezra.

If you go for a more seasoned vet type... Why not Mr. Madmen himself Jon Hamm as Snart? I think that would be a great contrast with Miller's age and what we have seen of this Barry if Hamm played it very grizzled and cynical.

Oh, we're onto Muschietti now?

Bill Hader or Nikolaj Coster Waldau for Captain Cold. :o

Well horror and comedy guys are usually the ones that can pull off superheroes the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"