Roguish charm... The Flash Rouges Thread.

I think it makes sense for Heat Wave to have some kind of heat resistant suit given his weapon of choice. It certainly shouldn't be white and orange nor should it be made out of asbestos, but a costume makes sense for him to a degree (no pun intended).

For the rest of them, I'd agree though. With the exception of the Trickster, bright and funky colors would look ridiculous on them. However, I'm not too worried because Boomerang looks to be taken care of nicely in Suicide Squad and he was one of the campier ones. We'll have to see how they refer to him in that movie, but that will probably set the precedent for how they handle the characters' names and looks.

He's getting called boomerang. Dropping the title before is a smart idea

not sure who he can play but i want Jude Law to be in a super hero film he is a big name who can do both hero and villain surprised he hasn't been in one yet
celeb-sightings-04232015-05-435x580.jpg

If it were up to me, they'd make the movie about Flash accidentally travelling to the future (meeting his speedster grandson, learning of his own death, his marriage, etc), and so the Rogues would be played by older actors.

Captain Cold - Sean Penn
Heat Wave - Sylvester Stallone
Golden Glider - Sigourney Weaver
Weather Wizard - Danny Trejo
Mirror Master - Bruce Willis

Maybe the Rogues have become all aimless and depressed since the Flash's death decades prior, and when he pops up again, they decide to get back together for one last job to settle the score and prove they've still got it!

Or maybe a movie where the Rogues accidentally get brought along on a "Bill & Ted" style adventure with the Flash, travelling throughout history and hilariously getting involved in all sorts of famous historical events.

Last edited:
Methinks Erika is not just talking about the movie. :o

Coming up with a Rogues Lineup to face The Flash: (Excluding the obvious Jai Courtney/Captain Boomerang)

Captain Cold:James Roday

12479341_937031459684802_452268927_n.jpg
James-Roday-psych-17539568-396-594.jpg

Heatwave: Dule Hill

218.jpg
200x400px-LL-81dced16_ShakespeareCenterLosAngelesPresentsMuchK8pasqXqgxgl.jpeg

While neither of them have quite the star power CBM villains usually shoot for, together they mark the reunion of one of the most beloved, fan-focused shows of recent years, certainly enough to garner attention. Roday brings his personal charisma and suavely manipulative persona to the Rogue's leader, while Hill could brilliantly transform into the troubled pyromaniac who really just want to get help, but can't avoid setting things on fire. Best of all, these two's talents and creative sensibilities would gel perfectly with Famuyiwa's directing.

Weather Wizard:Ken Leung

9ddb179b4249ce77cd176e77d399c96e.jpg
lostleung.jpg

Trickster:Will Poulter

Kd82UrcSu_w.jpg
a6f055a6464cd161fc11f82ea0abeb53.jpg

Golden Glider:Abigail Breslin

2805410-06-250x300.jpg
RgTy7I3m.jpg

Filling out the ranks, you have Weather Wizard, one of the Rogues with a bit of a darker side. Leung can certainly pull that off, his minor role in X3 was suitably creepy, but he has shown in his recurring guest spot on Person of Interest that he is also quite capable of of the comic timing needed to keep up with his teammates. Poulter is a rising star with a similar knack for blending seriously intimidating with cracking wise. Both not only have the ability to be convincing villains on their own, but also be witty enough to avoid being overshadowed by their leaders. Lastly, Captain Cold's dear sister, Lisa. First off, there's not going to be any sort of dumb "gold gun" this time around. As somewhat the heart and soul of the team, Breslin could excel. Like Poulter, she's a rising star who can be both serious and funny, and adds another bright young actor to the universe of the DCEU's most youthful hero.

Mirror Master:Morgan Spector

d252573e6c1a3f24b4ed5b71eac2f8ff.jpg
28858ab55b5d4f205f4dc38fe04e2818.jpg

Lastly, there's Mirror Master. Although I'd use Scudder's name, I'd integrate bits of McCulloch's past and violent tendencies to prep him to go a bit crazy after gaining full access to the Mirror Dimension and becoming the movie's Big Bad. To play the part is character actor Morgan Spector, very effective at playing villains while still managing to seem decent enough to ride with the Rogues. He could really use a big break, and playing the Flash's first main threat is just what he needs. And it gets us a great Mirror Master to boot!

Coming up with a Rogues Lineup to face The Flash: (Excluding the obvious Jai Courtney/Captain Boomerang)

Captain Cold:James Roday

12479341_937031459684802_452268927_n.jpg
James-Roday-psych-17539568-396-594.jpg

Heatwave: Dule Hill

218.jpg
200x400px-LL-81dced16_ShakespeareCenterLosAngelesPresentsMuchK8pasqXqgxgl.jpeg

While neither of them have quite the star power CBM villains usually shoot for, together they mark the reunion of one of the most beloved, fan-focused shows of recent years, certainly enough to garner attention. Roday brings his personal charisma and suavely manipulative persona to the Rogue's leader, while Hill could brilliantly transform into the troubled pyromaniac who really just want to get help, but can't avoid setting things on fire. Best of all, these two's talents and creative sensibilities would gel perfectly with Famuyiwa's directing.

Weather Wizard:Ken Leung

9ddb179b4249ce77cd176e77d399c96e.jpg
lostleung.jpg

Trickster:Will Poulter

Kd82UrcSu_w.jpg
a6f055a6464cd161fc11f82ea0abeb53.jpg

Golden Glider:Abigail Breslin

2805410-06-250x300.jpg
RgTy7I3m.jpg

Filling out the ranks, you have Weather Wizard, one of the Rogues with a bit of a darker side. Leung can certainly pull that off, his minor role in X3 was suitably creepy, but he has shown in his recurring guest spot on Person of Interest that he is also quite capable of of the comic timing needed to keep up with his teammates. Poulter is a rising star with a similar knack for blending seriously intimidating with cracking wise. Both not only have the ability to be convincing villains on their own, but also be witty enough to avoid being overshadowed by their leaders. Lastly, Captain Cold's dear sister, Lisa. First off, there's not going to be any sort of dumb "gold gun" this time around. As somewhat the heart and soul of the team, Breslin could excel. Like Poulter, she's a rising star who can be both serious and funny, and adds another bright young actor to the universe of the DCEU's most youthful hero.

I LOVED PSYCHE... I MEAN LOVED IT... So... I'm torn. I think Roday and Hill have great chemistry and are the right ages to play the heavies in a film and is a previously teamed up duo can be on the TV side as Cold and Heat then why not in the films... But... I also think it could come off as too gimmicky and wonder if they wouldn't go for bigger stars in the end... I'm torn as stated...

Wow, pass on that TV-centric fancasting. People really need to learn how to detach their attachment to a TV character from reality. Jesus

Wow, pass on that TV-centric fancasting. People really need to learn how to detach their attachment to a TV character from reality. Jesus

And some people really need to learn how to not be complete utter a**holes to others just because they dislike their fancasting.

Mirror Master:Morgan Spector

d252573e6c1a3f24b4ed5b71eac2f8ff.jpg
28858ab55b5d4f205f4dc38fe04e2818.jpg

Lastly, there's Mirror Master. Although I'd use Scudder's name, I'd integrate bits of McCulloch's past and violent tendencies to prep him to go a bit crazy after gaining full access to the Mirror Dimension and becoming the movie's Big Bad. To play the part is character actor Morgan Spector, very effective at playing villains while still managing to seem decent enough to ride with the Rogues. He could really use a big break, and playing the Flash's first main threat is just what he needs. And it gets us a great Mirror Master to boot!

What if he somehow got trapped in the mirror dimension through either a lab accident gone wrong that sends him to another dimension (he needn't be a scientist in this case he could just be a burglar at the wrong place and time) causing him to internalize the power or a metahuman power activating causing him to be lost and stuck in there until he figures a way out and masters the dimension while also making him a little crazy.

Last edited:

I don't know any of his casting choices. I don't think they will go with such choices. They will get actual stars, possibly big time ones.

They may more than likely make the entire rogues all A-listers just because. Which would be a pretty cool thing to do. Kind of a dig at the Burton/Shumacher Batman villains.

They may more than likely make the entire rogues all A-listers just because. Which would be a pretty cool thing to do. Kind of a dig at the Burton/Shumacher Batman villains.

Loool.. Do not even reference Schumacher… I think that is a possibility since not many know Ezra Miller and he is a not a huge star yet..

I wanted Adam Driver for Eobard Thawne. Since they look a lot alike..

I want a teaser at the Reverse Flash in this. He doesn't have to be the villain. They should choose someone the show hasn't used....infact is their anyone the show didn't use? Forget it

-RF
-Grood
-Weather Wizard

My top 3. Maybe the clone guy who can multiply himself cause I like that concept gives chance for cool speed sequences with him taking them all down in seconds.

I want a teaser at the Reverse Flash in this. He doesn't have to be the villain. They should choose someone the show hasn't used....infact is their anyone the show didn't use? Forget it

-RF
-Grood
-Weather Wizard

My top 3. Maybe the clone guy who can multiply himself cause I like that concept gives chance for cool speed sequences with him taking them all down in seconds.

I think he HAS to be the villain. I really NEED a comic book accurate Eobard Thawne as opposed to the convoluted mess designed for soap opera drama on the CW..

Well, that was rude. The two have great chemistry, which is necessary for Cold & Heatwave, they match the duo's personalities, and they're beloved by a fanbase that largely overlaps with the core fanbase Warner needs to gain renewed faith from. Plus, you know they'd love to do a superhero film. So I'm sorry that my part wishful thinking, part pragmatic reasoning fancast so offended you.
I think he HAS to be the villain. I really NEED a comic book accurate Eobard Thawne as opposed to the convoluted mess designed for soap opera drama on the CW..
I think they should hold off on Thawne. One, they need to buck the "Evil Mirror of Hero" cliche. Two, they would be wise not to use the hero's nemesis in his first solo outing.
I LOVED PSYCHE... I MEAN LOVED IT... So... I'm torn. I think Roday and Hill have great chemistry and are the right ages to play the heavies in a film and is a previously teamed up duo can be on the TV side as Cold and Heat then why not in the films... But... I also think it could come off as too gimmicky and wonder if they wouldn't go for bigger stars in the end... I'm torn as stated...
It is kind of gimicky. But like I mentioned above, it could help boost faith from the fanbase and garner a lot of press for the film.

Perhaps a crazy suggestion, but...

tumblr_o9sdm6zg6t1tbs443o6_r1_1280.jpg

Captain Cold?

After his bashing of Marvel, no thanks.

Okay, so with confirmation of The Rogues, part of me is slightly worried that having too many villains could weigh the film down, particularly if they aren't established and are already the Rogues. Though Suicide Squad managed, to an extent, to make it work, we're talking a solo film that would be the general moviegoer's extended look at Barry Allen after his role in Justice League. Is it too many?

At the same time, though, no telling how many of the Rogues will appear, and between Geoff Johns' handling and Rick Famuyiwa looking to have some genuine interest in The Flash and, judging from his Twitter, digging into the source material, I do believe this could still work for the better.

Last edited:
Okay, so with confirmation of The Rogues, part of me is slightly worried that having too many villains could weigh the film down, particularly if they aren't established and are already the Rogues. Though Suicide Squad managed, to an extent, to make it work, we're talking a solo film that would be the general moviegoer's intro extended look at Barry Allen after his role in Justice League. Is it too many?

At the same time, though, no telling how many of the Rogues will appear, and between Geoff Johns' handling and Rick Famuyiwa looking to have some genuine interest in The Flash and, judging from his Twitter, digging into the source material, I do believe this could still work for the better.

Just don't use all the Rogues, i mean we only need maybe 3 or 4

Mirror Master, Cap Cold, Heatwave, Boomer

Oh wait, does this mean that stuff like The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, or any show within the DCCW might not have future access to The Rogues, even though Heat Wave is part of Rip Hunter's team on Legends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"