Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do think singer will bring back jean and Scott with time travel, Its the sorta thing singer can gently plant them in with and it won't effect the current story while killing 2 birds with one stone, rather then going the sinister cloned cyclops and jean because of a random made up out of place excuse just to bring them back

I think some dont want singer to erase elements from the past OT films but he pretty much is saying with time travel comes a certain amount of change, even more so when it effects characters pasts

Its not just a matter of what Logan tells him, we know young xavier sees the future and talks to the older xavier in the temple setting (probably by cerebro) "i don't want your future" so what impact that will have on his future will most likely count whether anyone likes it or not, and tbh I always felt this film will end In a way that may not please everyone

You're probably right about that last part, but I think it's going to be the people expecting Cyclops and Jean Grey to come back, and X-Men 3 and Wolverine to get wiped out that aren't going to be pleased.

I don't think they need to wipe out X3 completely. But I think Bryan will bring back at least Scott in the next installment, if he does it. He has already stated that he wants to but was unable to in this movie. Quite honestly, this movie seems packed and if it's less than 2 hours long, we're in trouble.

I think there's still a possibility of an uncredited cameo in the end showing a revised timeline. That moment alone, would make this movie great for me, personally. We still have no explanation for that James Marsden sighting on a plane from Toronto with Halle Berry. Productions pay for cast flights, so what are the chances of them sitting together on a flight, if the production hadn't paid for it?

Time will tell.

We'll soon know...in eight months.

I don't think they need to wipe out X3 completely. But I think Bryan will bring back at least Scott in the next installment, if he does it. He has already stated that he wants to but was unable to in this movie. Quite honestly, this movie seems packed and if it's less than 2 hours long, we're in trouble.

I think there's still a possibility of an uncredited cameo in the end showing a revised timeline. That moment alone, would make this movie great for me, personally. We still have no explanation for that James Marsden sighting on a plane from Toronto with Halle Berry. Productions pay for cast flights, so what are the chances of them sitting together on a flight, if the production hadn't paid for it?

Time will tell.

That account of Marsden on the flight with Halle came from nothing close to a credible source.

come on, nell, let it go.

Its a really cool and juicy rumour, so let the fans enjoy it during the wait and to keep some hope. Thats the beauty of being a fan.

So lets not bring down the desires of the fans all days of the week, you know?

That account of Marsden on the flight with Halle came from nothing close to a credible source.

Neither did the rumor of Jackman being in First Class. It came from from a cab driver, but that didn't stop Jackman from being in the movie.

Neither did the rumor of Jackman being in First Class. It came from from a cab driver, but that didn't stop Jackman from being in the movie.

That's one.

The same type of rumors that pit Cyclops in X-Men: Days Of Future Past, are the same rumors that gave us Omega Red in X-Men 3, Cyclops and Angel in uniform in the final battle, a 2+ hour runtime, real Sentinels... I don't even remember all the rumors that were started and circulated about X-Men 3, but there was a photoshop that put it all together in one image leading up to the release, because the fanboys bought every single rumor hook line and sinker.

And when those rumors ended up not true? Well, 8 years later and they still haven't gotten over it.

I take the James on the plane from Montreal rumor with a grain of salt....

But, I did decide to play a little game of sorts, and try to track James's movements around this time, to see if I could at least disprove the rumor, and I couldn't. If anything, it's certainly plausible that he was on that flight, and on it because he had filmed in Montreal.

May 2: Ray Carsillo tweets that he saw Halle and James on his flight from Montreal to LA:
Accidentally made the tabloids today as I happened to be on the same flight back from Montreal with #HalleBerry http://twitpic.com/cnruz2

@TheDCD James Marsden was there too. They were shooting X-Men stuff. Or is that just the cover story...?
On May 4th, someone asks if Halle and James were "really on the same flight", and he replies:
@X4Campaign Yeah they were. They were sitting two rows in front of me. When we got off the plane, James was heading to connecting flight.
From what I can gather from some quick googling, Halle and James both appear to live in the LA/Hollywood area, so it would make sense for them to catch a flight together from Montreal. Prior to/and on May 2nd James doesn't seem to have been filming anything else; it seems the last thing he was filming was Walk of Shame around Jan/Feb (it was definitely wrapped well before May 2nd). (EDIT: on April 7th/8th he was in FL for a triathlon, but I can't find anything between then and May).

On May 7th or 8th he was first spotted in Atlanta filming on the set of Anchorman 2. So he could have hopped a connection to Atlanta.

Of course, Montreal does have direct flights to Atlanta, so he wouldn't have needed to make a connection in LAX.....

Last edited:
How fitting that Halle and James were supposedly on the flight together, but there's only a picture of Halle...

I do find that extremely suspicious as well. Hence, the grain of salt bit.

As for whether or not cyclops returns at the end of DOFP I think many will have to possibly come to terms with the fact by the end a certain amount of things will have changed, its pretty much consequences of changing things with time travel

I mean singer may choose to ignore it and play by his own rules but we don't know if that will be the case

That's one.

All it takes is that one.

The same type of rumors that pit Cyclops in X-Men: Days Of Future Past, are the same rumors that gave us Omega Red in X-Men 3, Cyclops and Angel in uniform in the final battle, a 2+ hour runtime, real Sentinels... I don't even remember all the rumors that were started and circulated about X-Men 3, but there was a photoshop that put it all together in one image leading up to the release, because the fanboys bought every single rumor hook line and sinker.

And when those rumors ended up not true? Well, 8 years later and they still haven't gotten over it.

That's their fault for having unreasonable expectations. If Cyclops is in it, great. If not, no problem. Regardless, my point stands. Perceived source reliability is not necessarily indicative of a given outcome.

All it takes is that one.

That's their fault for having unreasonable expectations. If Cyclops is in it, great. If not, no problem. Regardless, my point stands. Perceived source reliability is not necessarily indicative of a given outcome.

No, but when people blindly cling to these rumors that have no credibility, those rumors begin to turn into expectations. And then when those expectations don't turn into reality, the same internet fanboys who blindly followed the rumors that had no credibility then whine on the forums for 8 years because the movie didn't turn out the way they wanted it to be and flood any and every conversation about the film franchise with negative whining and crying about how it's the worst thing that's ever happened to cinema. All because the movie didn't follow through on something it never promised in the first place.

News about Famke:

Famke & Bryan IN NY together.:hrt:

wk30bb.jpg

I picked out the word for "dog." She took her dog to a premiere?

Can someone translate? :-)
I'll try:

"Famke Janssen at our first meeting in New York introduced me to her dog Reglisse....and Bryan Singer...
Before the release of Female Agents I rushed to New York to meet Famke Janssen at a bar in Soho."

Never noticed Bryan and James birthdays were so close.

Also FAMKE!!!!!

I'm willing to bet Cyclops will be in the altered future. 'Not sure about Jean, but it'd be nice. Singer knows the fans want the pair, and if I remember correctly, he said something very generic about that being nice or something. Aside from the future Sentinels, I'm thinking the altered future will include surprises akin to Jean's death in X2; if characters we love and want come back, I'm sure it'll be completely hush-hush (at least by those directly involved in the production) until we see it for ourselves. :up:

I'm willing to bet Cyclops will be in the altered future. 'Not sure about Jean, but it'd be nice. Singer knows the fans want the pair, and if I remember correctly, he said something very generic about that being nice or something. Aside from the future Sentinels, I'm thinking the altered future will include surprises akin to Jean's death in X2; if characters we love and want come back, I'm sure it'll be completely hush-hush (at least by those directly involved in the production) until we see it for ourselves. :up:
Keeping it real, though, that's the same sort of logic a lot of us had going into X3, and we got burned bad on it. Just because it makes sense to us as fans, doesn't mean it does to Fox: they don't look at Cyclops and see someone who gets butts in the seats, they look at him and see someone who they don't know how to write unless it's as the guy in Wolverine's way. He's not a priority.

And even though I think Singer sympathizes with the fans who've voiced their complaints, I don't think Cyke is high on his priorities either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"