Apocalypse Young Cyclops/Jean/Storm? Casting Ideas - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad they never offered her the role... She would have looked too old as Storm in Dofp. She is also shorter than Halle.
Please, Basset would have been light years beyond Berry, even with the poorly written role for Storm. Also we're talking 2000, Basset would not have been too old. The woman is in her 50's and looks great. She wouldve been perfect as an older Storm in DOFP

In a world where Maggie Grace can pass for 18, i'm sure she'll have no problems. :o

When you do ensemble films some characters get short end of stick.

I find it funny that some online are still questioning the team being Days of future past.You would think it's success at box office and with criticts would get some faith.

Halle Berry was originally cast coming off strong notices from dorothy dedrenge.She has since won a oscar.Some need to let their hate for her go.
Like the original cast that isn't hugh Jackman her returning in future is up in the air.If these rumored actresses up for storm are final candiates they want to get contunity with end of DOFP and cast actress who could be somewhat believe as younger version of storm.

There are tons of cases where people have bashed choices and they were wrong.

I find it funny that some online are still questioning the team being Days of future past.You would think it's success at box office and with criticts would get some faith.

Halle Berry was originally cast coming off strong notices from dorothy dedrenge.She has since won a oscar.Some need to let their hate for her go.
Like the original cast that isn't hugh Jackman her returning in future is up in the air.If these rumored actresses up for storm are final candiates they want to get contunity with end of DOFP and cast actress who could be somewhat believe as younger version of storm.

I don't hate Halle thank you very much, I just think it's more hype for her as an actress because frankly I don't think she is that good it seems she plays the same character and nothing changes. I don't hate her I just think there are better actresses than her.

Of course Basset would have been better than Berry. Are we still talking about this 15 years later?

She can't. :o

I love how they gave her that idiotic run to make her look young

[YT]Tz-vA5omI2U[/YT]

[QU OTE=Kane52630 ;30478993]In a world where Maggie Grace can pass for 18, i'm sure she'll have no problems. :o[/QUOTE]

Was she supposed to be 18? I didn't catch that in the movie. She had an apt and was living with a guy and she was pregnant. I know she was in college but i didn't catch that she was supposed to be only 18. Hmmm, Hollywood really went overboard with that, i mean we're talking about a woman in her 30's. Weird, never knew that.

Last edited:

The problem is that only one of the girls can be passable as a young Berry. Zendiya or what ever her name is looks nothing like Berry and doesn't even look black. For that matter none of the actors ive seen up for Jean and Scott looks nothing like a younger version of James and Famke. I dont think its an issue where the actress has to be passable for Berry. They can find an actress that fits the role. This is their chance. Please lord do not cast that Zendiya girl. A terrible choice looks wise, good lord i didn't think they could do worse then Berry but apparently they are trying to top that miscasting.

Hey i love Halle Berry but she isn't Storm. Yeah its been 15 years but i will never stop complaining. Cumberbatch is a good actor, Fassbender is good but if either guy was cast as Superman i would complain also. Miscasting is miscasting, doesn't matter to me how good the actor is. In some cases looks has to come into play for certain characters.

Hopefully we get casting this week, then we'll get 10 minutes of discussing that before things return back to normal! :)

Hopefully we get casting this week, then we'll get 10 minutes of discussing that before things return back to normal! :)

Don't be ridiculous, JP....

It'll be at least 25 minutes. :o

Sad but true. It's 2015 and people are still complaining about Halle Berry as Storm, about Angela Bassett not being Storm, etc.

I mean, seriously... :huh:

Don't be ridiculous, JP....

It'll be at least 25 minutes. :o

tumblr_nicov2iYBp1tqaeybo10_250.gif

Sad but true. It's 2015 and people are still complaining about Halle Berry as Storm, about Angela Bassett not being Storm, etc.

I mean, seriously... :huh:

Yeah you're right and we all should be over it but to see Singer and whoever makes these casting decisions get ready to repeat history just unnerves me. Zendiya or that Shipp girl????? Really Fox???? Freaking Really?

That was per word of El Mayimbe so we don't even know if it's true. It's probably not.

Maybe you should just type each other's names instead of using gifs which contains a name that isnt similar to the person you are responding to.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard as much yet as I thought we would by now about this movie. Like hearing other people who may be in it, I'm waiting for the big 3 to be revealed along with some surprise characters, this movie starts filming soon.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard as much yet as I thought we would by now about this movie. Like hearing other people who may be in it, I'm waiting for the big 3 to be revealed along with some surprise characters, this movie starts filming soon.

Hope we get something before the month is out. It'd be weird if we went through all of January and got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"