The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rotten Tomatoes score? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Avenging Spider

Thanks for posting these reviews. I for one appreciate it, saves me the time scrounging for them myself. :yay:

Positive reactions and reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man2 from RT critics that haven't been added to Rotten Tomatoes yet:
Hey, i have a pro tip for you....for all those positive reviews there are negatives that also aren't added yet :whatever:

As several people have already told you, all you're doing is pulling positive reviews out and ignoring the negatives and using that as justification for your assertion that there is a positive trend. You're only making yourself look silly and pretty soon people will just stop taking you seriously on here, if they haven't already.

I'm reporting all the personal attacks. Just so you know. :)
Cool, get the mods annoyed at you too for sending a bunch of useless reports. :funny:

You should only report people when they actually deserve it.

Personal attacks are always a NO here. I'm here to debate ideas. I think people that like or dislike this film / love or hate the franchise / are optimistic or pessimistic about this film / or whoever posts here needs to know that they should respect everyone.

I can disagree with a mod or whoever here about what I think about the films we talk here, as long as I'm respectful. That's all that I ask in return here: respect. I have never disrespected Mr. Dent, but he did disrespect me. So I do feel that he more than deserved to be reported. It's up to the mods now.

This guy is funny. He ignores anything that doesn't agree with what he wants to think and then when people call him out on it he says they're calling him names. LOL breh

Hey, i have a pro tip for you....for all those positive reviews there are negatives that also aren't added yet :whatever:

As several people have already told you, all you're doing is pulling positive reviews out and ignoring the negatives and using that as justification for your assertion that there is a positive trend. You're only making yourself look silly and pretty soon people will just stop taking you seriously on here, if they haven't already.

I'm not aware of any negative review that hasn't been added yet. And of course that there will be other negative reviews, I'm just saying that Spider-Fan's remark about been just "good but not great" reviews so far is not true at all, it's just his perception over the reviews, not what they are actually saying.

Cool, get the mods annoyed at you too for sending a bunch of useless reports. :funny:

Keep the attitude, I'm sure that they'll love that. :woot:

This guy is funny. He ignores anything that doesn't agree with what he wants to think and then when people call him out on it he says they're calling him names. LOL breh

I didn't said that you are calling me names. You are calling me names. Learn the difference. And I fail to see why or when I was disrespectful to anyone here, I just showed arguments to prove that the reception that this film is getting is not the doom and gloom that some are trying to see here. And when I did that, you and others resorted to personal attacks.

Very mature of you, "breh".

Personal attacks are always a NO here. I'm here to debate ideas. I think people that like or dislike this film / love or hate the franchise / are optimistic or pessimistic about this film / or whoever posts here needs to know that they should respect everyone.

I can disagree with a mod or whoever here about what I think about the films we talk here, as long as I'm respectful. That's all that I ask in return here: respect. I have never disrespected Mr. Dent, but he did disrespect me. So I do feel that he more than deserved to be reported. It's up to the mods now.
I have read Dent's posts and I think he is being strong with you because you just don't want to hear anything negative or even handed about this film and anything surrounding this film. You want 100% positivity and it's frustrating and damn near impossible to discuss something with someone like that.

I forgot to add the Schmoes Knows reviews that they've upped earlier today, both also positive and aren't on RT yet either.

Yep and there aren't going to be any more negative reviews of the film. It's only going to have 18 bad reviews out of 250-280.

I have read Dent's posts and I think he is being strong with you because you just don't want to hear anything negative or even handed about this film and anything surrounding this film. You want 100% positivity and it's frustrating and damn near impossible to discuss something with someone like that.
Exactly this SPIDEY. Even Spider-Fan was in wth mode. :funny:

He has been strong with me? What kind of wording is that? I do hear the negatives, like I've read the negatives for Iron Man 3, it seems that the reception for both films are similar to me.

I don't think it's impossible to discuss with me. I think it's impossible to make me see something positive as negative, when it's clear that some people here - yourself included, IMHO - try to make your personal bias against this franchise the "truth" about the reception of this film. When that isn't the case.

I don't think my "truth" about this film is better than yours though. I do think that this film will be polarizing, but not as much as Man of Steel. It looks more like the reception that either The Amazing Spider-Man or Iron Man 3 got, which is more than great to me, since these are two of my favorite superhero films.

I don't think that me defending my opinions should warrant someone to call me ridiculous or tell me that I'm "special", those are personal attacks. I don't really understand the "strong with you" comment that you did, Mr. Dent is not my father to be "strong with me", and my parent taught me very well to respect everyone and their opinions. Whe someone like Mr. Dent crosses that line, they get warnings from the mods. It's not really that difficult to understand.

I'm not aware of any negative review that hasn't been added yet.
Probably because you don't want to see them.

And of course that there will be other negative reviews, I'm just saying that Spider-Fan's remark about been just "good but not great" reviews so far is not true at all, it's just his perception over the reviews, not what they are actually saying.
lol. OF COURSE there are a handful of reviews that will "rave" about the film, but the majority of the positives, as he said, barely constitute being positives and the 6.1 average score reflects that. Yes, you can pull out 5 reviews and say that they're very positive, but that doesn't change the other 50+ or whatever that are only lukewarm on it at best.

Keep the attitude, I'm sure that they'll love that. :woot:
You mean the same attitude you're using with others? Can give it but can't take it huh? smh mang.

I didn't said that you are calling me names. You are calling me names. Learn the difference.
futuramafry.jpg

And I fail to see why or when I was disrespectful to anyone here, I just showed arguments to prove that the reception that this film is getting is not the doom and gloom that some are trying to see here. And when I did that, you and others resorted to personal attacks.
of course you don't, which is why people are saying talking to you is like talking to a wall. Or C3PO.

Very mature of you, "breh".
:funny:

The irony of this is rich. "Let me use what he said to try and be snarky ugggg". As you would say, very cute.

Not to mention that he doesn't seem to actually have a rebuttal of his own and is simply posting David Polland quotes that barely have anything to do with what we're talking about and then saying "ha, see" afterwards like he was right about something.

Yep and there aren't going to be any more negative reviews of the film. It's only going to have 18 bad reviews out of 250-280.

Iron Man 3 has 61 rotten reviews. If TASM2 gets to around that number of Rotten Reviews and it's as good as Iron Man 3, it's enough to probably become my favorite Spider-Man film of all time, and among the best superhero films out there. :yay:

He has been strong with me? What kind of wording is that? I do hear the negatives, like I've read the negatives for Iron Man 3, it seems that the reception for both films are similar to me.

I don't think it's impossible to discuss with me. I think it's impossible to make me see something positive as negative, when it's clear that some people here - yourself included, IMHO - try to make your personal bias against this franchise the "truth" about the reception of this film. When that isn't the case.

I don't think my "truth" about this film is better than yours though. I do think that this film will be polarizing, but not as much as Man of Steel. It looks more like the reception that either The Amazing Spider-Man or Iron Man 3 got, which is more than great to me, since these are two of my favorite superhero films.

I don't think that me defending my opinions should warrant someone to call me ridiculous or tell me that I'm "special", those are personal attacks. I don't really understand the "strong with you" comment that you did, Mr. Dent is not my father to be "strong with me", and my parent taught me very well to respect everyone and their opinions. Whe someone like Mr. Dent crosses that line, they get warnings from the mods. It's not really that difficult to understand.
No one called you special. I said you are a special case, and I stand by it. You are deadset on this film being Amazing and will get all the praise and making a billion dollars on your belief alone. You time and again brush off others opinions because they disagree with this. You keep on comparing it to IM3 and TWS without the parallels being their.

This happens on the Hype every once in a while. A poster in a section that becomes a film's defender for some reason. Dent is simply calling a spade a spade. He doesn't have my filter.

Iron Man 3 has 61 rotten reviews. If TASM2 gets to around that number of Rotten Reviews and it's as good as Iron Man 3, it's enough to probably become my favorite Spider-Man film of all time, and among the best superhero films out there. :yay:
That is good for you. That doesn't mean everyone else agrees with that logic.

The reception for this film is nothing like the reception for IM3. They're in two completely different situations. IM3 was "divisive" because it strayed so far from the general CBM stuff. The reception this film is getting has far more in common with Man of Steel, The Wolverine, and Thor 2. If you think this is going to end up in IM3's ballpark critically or commercially then prepare to be disappointed buddy.

Then your parent failed at teaching you that considering you're not respecting anyone's opinion but your own. I guess you're pretty much erasing from your mind the fact you discredited someone else's opinion as being based on pure bias simply because it wasn't like your's. :funny:

I am borderline speechless right now. This post is just...it's amazing.

It's on pace to get far more negatives than IM3 got, ratio wise anyway. But you don't understand how that's the case because it's pretty clear you've only been following this stuff for a couple months at best.

I don't know if this movie will get around mos are not. What if we get other streght of 11 good reviews in a row like we had a few days ago and then we don't have any of those bad streghte where we get 3 out of 5 bad reviews?

Probably because you don't want to see them.

You are welcome to point them to me and the others of the board, there is even a thread for that here.

lol. OF COURSE there are a handful of reviews that will "rave" about the film, but the majority of the positives, as he said, barely constitute being positives and the 6.1 average score reflects that. Yes, you can pull out 5 reviews and say that they're very positive, but that doesn't change the other 50+ or whatever that are only lukewarm on it at best.

And of course that there will be a handful of reviews that will hate on film, it happens with every single of these mainstream superhero films, I'm comfortable with my Iron Man3 comparison here though, that film showed to have some great legs and a great multiplier for a superhero film, something I suspect that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have too.

You mean the same attitude you're using with others? Can give it but can't take it huh? smh mang.
The "attitude" that I have is discuss everything with respect. I disagree with your opinions, I don't attack you as a person. Big difference here.

of course you don't, which is why people are saying talking to you is like talking to a wall. Or C3PO.
/quote]

Well, I'm reporting you again. Not only you're attacking me, but you are encouraging others to do so, it seems to me that you are resorting on personal attacks because you can't come up with better arguments, than your last straw is the ad hominem attacks.

The irony of this is rich. "Let me use what he said to try and be snarky ugggg". As you would say, very cute.

Not really trying to be snarky. I was just calling you the same that you called me, haven't you called me "breh"?

Not to mention that he doesn't seem to actually have a rebuttal of his own and is simply posting David Polland quotes that barely have anything to do with what we're talking about and then saying "ha, see" afterwards like he was right about something.

Great reading of what my posts are. Thank God that I've known from other members here that they appreciate my posts and my presence here.

Avenging Spidey you called me son earlier and then all but gave the finger to Spider-Fan earlier. Be honest.

I don't know if this movie will get around mos are not. What if we get other streght of 11 good reviews in a row like we had a few days ago and then we don't have any of those bad streghte where we get 3 out of 5 bad reviews?
MOS, I wouldn't think so. That would be a steep drop. But at this point it would need to go on a prolific run to get to the 80s.

The reception for this film is nothing like the reception for IM3. They're in two completely different situations. IM3 was "divisive" because it strayed so far from the general CBM stuff. The reception this film is getting has far more in common with Man of Steel, The Wolverine, and Thor 2. If you think this is going to end up in IM3's ballpark critically or commercially then prepare to be disappointed buddy.

Then your parent failed at teaching you that considering you're not respecting anyone's opinion but your own. I guess you're pretty much erasing from your mind the fact you discredited someone else's opinion as being based on pure bias simply because it wasn't like your's. :funny:

I prepared a long post to answer your first point, but only after that I've read what you said here. My father died less than seven months ago, and I have no words to say to you anymore. I'm putting you on the ignore list and taking this to the mods. Hopefully you will get the ban that you have worked so hard to deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"