• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rotten Tomatoes score? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, Brad Bird can't direct everything.

He made Mission Impossible: GP, an action movie for a, at the time, decent franchise in the 90 percantile on RT, and that was his first ever live action film. I mean look at his filmography, and this is all back to back to back to back.

*Bonus: Do The Bartman
The Iron Giant
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
MI:GP

He co-wrote these too. He's proven himself lol

Last edited:
The Playstation brand is doing really well right now.
The Playstation brand is actually losing money right now, though by this time next year it should be very profitable.

while I ask because if the movie makes only 650 million that would be a good like 100 million less then the first one and if the next one where to get bad reviews that could drop even more. I know sony needs the money but if the amount that the movies makes keeps going down they are just going to lose money not make money form the movies.

Tobey's also mad at the RT.

tobey-maguire-very-upset.jpg
"I have no intention of calming down!Webb and Garfield already made a crappy Spider-Man film,and they're still out there!"

He made Mission Impossible: GP, an action movie in the 90 percantile on RT, and that was his first ever live action film. I mean look at his filmography, and this is all back to back to back to back.

The Iron Giant
The Incredibles
Ratatouille

The joke is that everyone brings up Brad Bird for every geek property out there.

The Playstation brand is doing really well right now.

In the gaming community, yes. But in the grand scheme of things, Playstation is NOT gonna save Sony.

He made Mission Impossible: GP, an action movie in the 90 percantile on RT, and that was his first ever live action film. I mean look at his filmography, and this is all back to back to back to back.

The Iron Giant
The Incredibles
Ratatouille

He wasn't saying Brad Bird doesn't have the talent to direct everything, he just meant, it's literally impossible for him to direct everything. Brad Bird IS amazing, no doubt, and I would love to see him tackle Spidey, personally, but, once again, he can't direct everything.

"I have no intention of calming down!Webb and Garfield already made a crappy Spider-Man film,and they're still out there!"

hw liked the first one ,even Raimi did :o

while I ask because if the movie makes only 650 million that would be a good like 100 million less then the first one and if the next one where to get bad reviews that could drop even more. I know sony needs the money but if the amount that the movies makes keeps going down they are just going to lose money not make money form the movies.

EXACTLY.

Then they reboot.

:oldrazz:

Kididng. But that's the scenario in which Sony gives Spidey back to Marvel in exchange for having they contract bought out, and we have a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my favorite scenario because Sony doesn't go into bankruptcy (or worse) causing thousands of jobs to be lost and Marvel gets Spidey!

In the gaming community, yes. But in the grand scheme of things, Playstation is NOT gonna save Sony.

He wasn't saying Brad Bird doesn't have the talent to direct everything, he just meant, it's literally impossible for him to direct everything. Brad Bird IS amazing, no doubt, and I would love to see him tackle Spidey, personally, but, once again, he can't direct everything.

Doesn't stop people from constantly suggesting Joss Whedon lol and as I said if he hadn't already been working on Ant-Man, then Edgar Wright would probably fit like a glove. He can balance action, romance (Scott Pilgrim) and comedy.

Obviously we'd probably want someone who's been consistent/prolific thus far and has shown they can handle all of the elements a Spider-Man film would entail. I don't think many directors could pull him off without slipping into pretenious territory.

EXACTLY.

Then they reboot.

:oldrazz:

Kididng. But that's the scenario in which Sony gives Spidey back to Marvel in exchange for having they contract bought out, and we have a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my favorite scenario because Sony doesn't go into bankruptcy (or worse) causing thousands of jobs to be lost and Marvel gets Spidey!

Nah, best case scenario is Spider-Man gets rebooted and done right by Sony, because Marvel will stop making movies of lesser known properties, and will focus on Spidey.

Plus Spidey works great in his own universe

Doesn't stop people from constantly suggesting Joss Whedon, and as I said if he hadn't already been working on Ant-Man, then Edgar Wright would probably fit like a glove. He can balance action, romance (Scott Pilgrim) and comedy.

Well, of course, haha. The reality of the suggestion doesn't stop it from being suggested. Look at how many people say Nolan should take a hold of Spidey! It's never gonna happen...just like the notion of fanboys accepting that.

Edgar Wright would be pretty dope too, but Marvel grabbed him WRIGHT quick. (Huh, huh? SeewhatIdidthere?)

Would anyone here appreciate it if Webb, after done with the 3rd one, went on a tirade against Sony and exposed them on their influence behind the scenes?

Nah, best case scenario is Spider-Man gets rebooted and done right by Sony, because Marvel will stop making movies of lesser known properties, and will focus on Spidey.

Plus Spidey works great in his own universe

NO. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. If Sony reboots Spidey again, it's over. It's done. No one will see that film. No one will care. It will be unbelievably rushed, horrible, and will kill everything. Rebooting is NOT the option.

Marvel is smart. They have proven dozens of times that they understand their characters. They aren't PERFECT. They have a slip up here or there, but for the most part they get it. And this world building thing should be the last thing focused on. Doesn't matter if he has his own world or shares one with the Avengers, a good film is a good film. The world building stuff comes later on.

I would love Joss to tackle Spider-man though. His work on Astonishing X-Men was one of the best comic runs imo.

Would anyone here appreciate it if Webb, after done with the 3rd one, went on a tirade against Sony and exposed them on their influence behind the scenes?

That would just be petty.

It's no surprise that Sony can't keep from sticking their fingers in these films. Unless they're doing something really horrible, I don't think it matters. It would be nice to hear what does go on, yeah, but I don't think anything he (or Raimi) could say will change anything.

Also, I really like that the poll at the top doesn't even offer a suggestion below 70%, as if it wasn't gonna happen, haha.

I say fire Avi.

He's ****ed up 3 Spider-Man films in a role. Hell in Spider-Man 1, him and some Sony producers had the idea of the Green Goblin having female sidekicks on gliders and then Raimi was all "shut the **** up and get the **** out".

Well Raimi spoke out, basically called Sony out on their ******** for SM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"