Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Man that is so...sad that people distort their own opinions in such a way just for some extra perks. Like. I cant picture being a professional critic getting a screening of Fant4stic and then going on twitter saying, “ONE OF THE BEST CBMS EVER. BETTER THAN THE AVENGERS.” And then after the fact, see the movie get destroyed by the majority of critics—it makes people question my credibility as a critic.
Not everyone has the same taste, it's possible that many liked the movie when they saw it and some didn't. I know that Steve Weintraub from Collider didn't give any reaction even after watching the WW84 screening in IMAX, but others liked it.

It's not disliked by majority of Critics, the positive ratings are more than negative as the positive ratings are still around 60% mark.

I know the movie is not as well received as the first one but still lot more Critics liked it than those who didn't. The Top Critics rating is still at 71 %, we cannot just say that those who liked it were not completely honest about it, and hence they risk losing their credibility.

Last edited:
Early reactions on twitter tend to be positive and many are hyperbolic, unless the movie is a disaster.

So if early reactions are positive ("this is best ever") all they do is to tell us that the movie is not bad, lol.

To get an idea about the actual quality of the movie, wait till we get the reviews, maybe till we get the RT consensus ?

If I trust the director then I would rather go without reading any of the reviews but that's just me.

It climbed back up from to 60% Fresh. Hehe. Its likely going or keep ebbing and flowing around that number for the foreseeable future.

I tend to look at RT to basically see the critics consensus as opposed to using it as an arbiter as to whether I'll like a film or not.

I may end up agreeing with critics that a film is bad, but that doesn't mean I won't end up liking it in spite agreeing that the film is bad.

It looks like it stabled at 60%. Lol. I don't know any cbm that stopped at 59 and 60 after hundreds of reviews.

I’m kind of ambivalent on the score. It’s interesting to me that this movie still has a 71% fresh rating if you simply go on the top critics rating but it’s a rotten if you include all critics.

I tend to look at RT to basically see the critics consensus as opposed to using it as an arbiter as to whether I'll like a film or not.

I may end up agreeing with critics that a film is bad, but that doesn't mean I won't end up liking it in spite agreeing that the film is bad.

Agreed, that’s exactly what it is and not supposed to be anything more. :up:

It’s back to 60% again, lol.

Guess it’s just going stay either rotten or a slightly above rotten. It won’t go any lower or higher than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"