Runaways Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by owen_2006_294, Mar 19, 2006.

1. babykhris

babykhris Registered

While Marvel put pedal to the medal to bring The Avengers and Iron Man 3 into the Disney distribution fold, the superhero factor has pumped the brakes on Runaways, the youth-oriented superhero movie that had been moving quickly toward a production stars. Word in agency circles is that the project was flat-lining because it's similar in age demo to Kick-Ass, but insiders tell me that isn't true.

Marvel simply has too much going on at the moment and will take its time on the live action adaptation of the comic hatched by Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan. It's called the Breakfast Club of superhero saga, dealing with the children of super-villains who are cursed with evil superpowers. They live in a secret lair under the La Brea tar pits, and try to use their unusual powers for heroic purposes.

Director Peter Sollett, who signed up with the idea this would be his followup to Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, is still attached but has been invited to take another film first.

2. dsfjr1190

dsfjr1190 Registered

Hopefully since this movie is on hold, the Palmer girl and the dude who plays Fred won't be cast.

I don't see the point in changing Karolina' race. We all know that if we changed a black characters race to white there would be a huge outrage and controversy, but when a white character is made black anyone who objects is called racist or ignorant and just told to deal with it.

Still praying for no race changes at all.

3. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Well, if some of the possible casting suggestions that had been rumored for awhile now was a sign that they were moving too fast with the film instead of taking their time and turning out something of high quality that could be a huge success if done right, then I'm fine with waiting. I'd rather they get some quality actors instead of trying to throw whoever is hot at the moment in there. I can wait a little longer if it means we get people who are right for the roles..

4. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Yes because Jolie in Wanted caused a huge outrage. As did Terry in Spawn. :dry:

5. Job91

Job91 Registered

6. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Never, ever trust imdb.

7. Philly Phanboy

Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

You could submit that Betty White has been cast as Molly and IMDB would likely post it. :oldrazz:

P.S. read his message area on IMDB and see if you can figure out who might have added him to the cast.

8. Job91

Job91 Registered

haha. he's a freak. or maybe he really wants to play alex.