Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S.H.I.E.L.D. has no shortage of enemies - The villains thread

They are only on loan from Marvel, obviously.

It would be cool to see the presence of some of the evil corporations (some of which we have already seen) such as Roxxon Energy Corporation, Cross Technological Enterprises and Hammer Industries in SHIELD.

It doesn't make sense to have any of those big characters in this series without there hero counterparts present.

I also don't see how GG and Venom can be in this. The others though are more realistic than Venom and Goblin.

I'd Really like to see Von Strucker be the Big Bad at some point him being the head of Hydra in this series would be cool to see.

This isn't a villain, per se, but I would love to see them investigate a case in Florida and run into Man-Thing.

This isn't a villain, per se, but I would love to see them investigate a case in Florida and run into Man-Thing.

Doubt it..they likely have plans for a film (reboot) based on teasing the wife during iron man 3

Doubt it, another Man-Thing film? I think the character should be used on TV.

Doubt it..they likely have plans for a film (reboot) based on teasing the wife during iron man 3
In the audio commentary for IM3 Shane Black said they just used names of minor Marvel characters for the Extremis soldiers without any plans to use them any further. So, if anything, a movie is even more unlikely now.

Which other character names were used for Extremis soldiers?

Interesting to note how in the comics Eric Savin worked at Camp Killian, never really read any comic with him but it seems to me like he wasn't badly used, the others However seem like kind of a waste.

They have a lot of villains they can use. HYDRA or A.I.M., for example.

Or they can bring back Justin Hammer. Sam Rockwell express interest to be part of it.

Or why not? The Ten Rings Group. Or Emil Blonsky (i Know Abomination it's too expensive for them).

I would like to see plenty of villains that wouldn't make it into a movie.

Grey Gargoyle could be a good fit for the show if they focused mostly on the sci-fi science of him turning things to stone, and not on turning himself to stone until the end of the episode.

Purple Man (or any mind control villain) would be a great plot device to match up the main cast against each other (May vs. Ward would be great). It would also give the cast a chance to act outside their character for a bit. Fitz and Simmons could study his pheromones and find away to neutralize it.

I agree with everyone else about the Taskmaster. I would like to see the show alluding to his character by using other villains, trained by him, first. the only reason I wouldn't want him to appear, was if they used him in an Avenger movie. I can picture him dropping Hawkeye using Black Widow's moves and then taking her out with Hawkeye's bow.

I would also like to see a borderline magic villain on the show to help transition that phase of movies (movies like Doctor Strange). i don't know who I would want though...the Hood maybe?

I'm also hoping the Power Broker is responsible for Mike Peterson's abilities. It would open up some future conflict with characters related to that (D-Man, etc), and maybe a episode involving the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation or one of the agents getting temporarily superpowered to compete with the villains they face every Tuesday (Tuesdays are rough in the super-business) and dealing with the addiction associated.

The Rising Tide is likely connected to a Marvel super-villain organization like Hydra (most likely IMO) or A.I.M., but I would love for it to be an organization like ULTIMATUM.
Their anti-nationalism stance makes them the perfect opponent on this show. Three episodes in, and we have a convention of potential villains, held by a guy who claims he's against big government and SHIELD in particular. Add that with Rising Tide's stance against "the man", and it feels like the show is building toward a large conflict between government organizations and anti-government groups. I would love to see Roxxon be a target of terrorist attacks.

Are the bad guys really wrong in their beliefs? It makes for good TV with Skye caught in the middle. On one hand, she believes in the people's right to information and she's against the government keeping people in the dark. SHIELD will probably get its hands plenty dirty before the season is over, making her question the agency even more. On the other hand, the people who she believed were fighting the good fight will most likely be revealed to not only be extremists but terrorists, and she'll be forced to choice a side.

Plus, with ULTIMATUM we'd get Flag-Smasher. If a Cap movie wanted to use Flag Smasher, the TV show could be used as a way for SHIELD to find out about ULTIMATUM and fight a small branch lead by Guy Thierrault (he could even be the guy Skye is texting in episode 2). They could destroy that branch, with Guy appearing to die.

As far as a movie is concerned, all that has to be mentioned is that SHIELD is aware that ULTIMATUM exists. Then in Cap's movie, he could fight Karl (as Flag-Smasher) and maybe a still-alive Red Skull, who has been secretly funding ULTIMATUM this whole time.

Back on TV, Guy could try to pick up the pieces after Cap's movie, and take the title of Flag-Smasher himself. As far as the show is concerned, viewers who only watch the show assume Guy is picking up the piece of the branch the Agents of SHIELD destroyed, while people who watched the movie too know that he's referring not only to that but to ULTIMATUM's destruction in the Cap film. That way we would get a villain (Flag-Smasher) that appears both in the movie and the show, with a movie quality actor for the movie and a TV quality actor for the show (I'm referring to costs and willingness to be a recurring character on TV). It would allow both the movie and show to stand alone but be heavily connected as well. If Flag-Smasher is never used in a Cap movie, ULTIMATUM would still be great for the TV show.

Anyways...these are the kind of thoughts I have as midnight approaches.

Stilt-Man
Unicorn
The Beetle
Mr. Hyde
Batroc

OK, but only if he uses his original costume.

2co3.png

The Beetle? Isn't he usually a Spidey villain?

The Beetle? Isn't he usually a Spidey villain?
Well, I was just being sillly, but no. His first appearance (in Strange Tales #123) he faced off against the Human Torch and the first time I saw him he was battling the Avengers as a minion of the Collector.

I just think of this panel with his sucker gloves and solid wings and of the Stilt-man when I think of completely impractical costumes. So, I was attempting to be funny. And if you have to explain the joke, it obviously wasn't funny.:csad:

I wouldn't mind if they incorporated the Tinkerer. He's made all kind of gadgets and gear for various villains (the Beetle included) and he'd mesh perfectly with the shows focus on out-of-control technological escalation.

There is absolutely no reason not to use Taskmaster. He has a history with SHIELD, his powers are easy to recreate, he would make for a good reoccurring villain that could appear through out multiple seasons untied to a single "big bad" or story arc, he can questions the inner workings of SHIELD and even his look shouldn't require too much alteration.

I'm surprised they went for someone like Graviton. He's exactly the kind of villain I would have thought far too unlikely. He is freakishly powerful and his powers are cgi/wirework heavy and there is no way that our protagonist, still barely able to work together well enough to consider a proper team, could rightfully take him down at full power. Points, though, because they pulled it off and without shying away from the comic book tone.

Mike Peterson's line in the pilot along with Gravitron's "#origin" advertisement would appear to indicate that we'll be seeing the birth of many a super villain. In fact, I'm thinking it may be a sort of theme during this first season. The MCU is still in it's infancy when it comes to costumed, super-powered individuals so we may very well be reaching the escalation stage. Already we've seen some mad scientist types experimenting on others or becoming victims of your stereotypical accident. I'm thinking that, as of right now, SHIELD is in perfect position to create a real rogue gallery.

Hell, that last shot could very well be a vault like area. Sure, it's not a prison now but not everyone can be talked down like Mike and sooner or later SHIELD is going to see the need to lock these people away in something better than your run of the mill prison. An origin story comes with the built in conflict: can the team talk this guy down or did the power process drive them past the point of reason? We just saw how origin stories have the advantage of "unregistered gifted" who lack their full power which is probably necessary especially in the beginning of the series, and opens the door for a bunch of villains I don't think would be possible otherwise.

I know I'm probably dreaming big and in a totally unlikely direction, but fresh off Gravitron's origins I'm feeling like anything is a little more possible.

Unrelated, I would love for them to further explore the role of A.I.M or Hammer Industries or Roxxon in this newly emerging world of powers. You can even throw in Beyond Corp or Cross Tech or L.L.L. Any large corporation would fit in well with the themes being introduced in the show, and I always love a good faceless bureaucracy in the role of super-villain. They're just so unstoppable while still being realistically evil. Plus it'd be a great way to sneak in characters like Mockingbird (it could happen!) Monica Rambeau (you know... maybe) or Deadpool (yeah, I know it's not happening). Plus, something like L.L.L. could easily be used in a role similar to that of Wolfram & Hart in Angel which, despite the show being all over in quality, made for an excellent series long "villain".

Oh, and not really a villain but with all these super villains and evil corporations showing up we will inevitably need Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway because Jenny, shut up.

I always assumed we might see Mockingbird in the series .

If they have Roxxon Oil in the series, they should use Jonas Hale. He showed up now and again in Iron Man.

Also, since they're always associated with that company, how about Sunturion and Stratosfire?

Arthur_Dearborn_(Earth-616).png

Stratosfire_001.jpg

They can introduce them both as civilians first before they acquire their powers. Of course, since they're both Iron Man characters, it would open the way for RDJ (or at least the CGI Iron Man) to appear as well.

Well, as others have mentioned before, it seems pretty obvious that there is a likely connection between Rising Tide and HYDRA, though I think that this is a recent development. (In the pilot, Ward asks Maria Hill, "I thought they (Red Tide) were just hackers. What changed?" That suggests to me that the Red Tide has been co-opted by someone with more nefarious plans. It could be AIM or the Secret Empire
which would fit with the red masks in the preview for Ep. 4
both of which are -- in the comics -- off-shoots of HYDRA.

On the individual villain front you could pick any of these five and I'd be happy.
1. The Taskmaster -- As previously mentioned, he'd be a wonderful fit and a great "little bad" for the season. His combination of abilities, attitude and backstory make him a fun idea. (In a slightly cliche twist, he could even turn out to be Ward's abusive older brother.)

2. The Tinkerer --
Phineas Mason would love to live in a world like the MCU. All the new tech to play with! A genius like his, unbound by morality and behind the scenes could be a lot of fun to watch.

3. The Fixer -- The Norbert Ebersol version would be great, if for no other reason than to hear Clark Gregg say his name like it's an insult. He's similar to Mason, except he tends to get his hands dirty -- and his head handed to him a lot (until he does his Heel-Face turn as Techno). Also, in his first appearance in the comics he (and Mentallo) attempted to take over SHIELD's New York offices. They even captured Nick Fury.

4.The Ghost -- I vaguely remember his first appearance in the comics, so I'll quote his Wikipedia entry. "The Ghost is an anticapitalist saboteur who seeks to destroy various political and economic institutions he views as oppressive, apparently being most interested in those dealing with advanced technology and surveillance." He wouldn't be an expensive character to produce either.

5. Boomerang --
These days when I think of Fred Myers I tend to think of him as Marvel's version of Captain Cold, a blue-collar bad guy who's just trying to earn a living. But in his original incarnation, he was an operative of the Secret Empire who went toe-to-toe with the Hulk. Also, he's an Australian kid that moves to America, falls in love with baseball, works his butt off and makes it to the big leagues only to lose everything over taking bribes -- what's not to like? Heck you could even update it to taking steroids, HGH or some alien tech that gave his fastball extra oomph.
Any of these would work and could work for a budget. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"