Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S.H.I.E.L.D. has no shortage of enemies - The villains thread

Dude, that's your artwork? Looks pretty boss.

I only disagree with two points. I wouldn't want Ray Park as Taskmaster, unless it's only stunt work. Even if Taskmaster's lines were limited, I'd want a capable actor that can convey a lot with little words.

Number 2, I hope they don't give him the memory loss, because he absorbs too much knowledge. Always hated that.

Traskmaster could be one of the Ward's
Something like Deathstroke in Arrow...

I think Taskmaster would work well because he is like the other characters, Ward and May,
a human with expert fighting abilities. His mask and voice modifier would help conceal his
true identity so they could cast almost anyone. Also he wouldn't have to be a star of the show
or the main villain of the season, but he could become a major threat who keeps returning.
He could even end up arrested and forced to work with SHIELD, specifically Coulson's team,
at some point in his character's future. his forgetting like like a computer, it only has a certain
amount or memory and to add more other memory has to be deleted. And it gives his
character pathos, some sympathy, and a weakness.
And it would be cool to see him recreate fighting moves from movies like this:
tumblr_m7ko4bVFak1rsy50k.gif

CapTWS_ElevatorFight3.gif

1386609223588-hobbit15.gif

I'd have MODOK looking something like this:
OCT130604.jpg

d8a38fe9b71957f3d15be5eb1e40b5c1.jpg

71b168b430d90ec3c454e1059ad37076.jpg

A guy in a jar hooked up to tubes and stuff with robot legs moving him around
and connected to the computer systems. But I think Modok might be a character better suited for the movies because of the special effects. I don't know.
modok2.jpg

3485733-modok.jpg

Last edited:
3729714-taskmaster+mask+tests+b.jpg

3729715-taskmaster+mask+tests+c.jpg

3729716-taskmaster+mask+tests+d.jpg

3729717-taskmaster+mask+tests+e.jpg

3729718-taskmaster+mask+tests+f.jpg

3729719-taskmaster+mask+tests+g.jpg

These are variations on Taskmaster's Skull helmet/mask. I thought it would be cool to try some out and then I thought, over the coarse of his time on the show he could use different masks. Not different in every scene or different in each episode, just variations here and there. For example when he is relaxing maybe just wear the one that covers his nose and mouth area and go hoodless. The idea would be to maybe never show his real full face on the show, like Wilson on Home Improvement, because anonymity is his goal.

Pretty much the UDON design. Would probably work best for live action.

I think it would be nice to see a three-way war between Cal's group, S.H.I.E.L.D., and HYDRA.

I think it would be nice to see a three-way war between Cal's group, S.H.I.E.L.D., and HYDRA.

If Bobby and Mac are reporting to Abigail Brand, it could get even more complicated....and what if Strucker is branching out from Hydra with his own science division, not unlike AIM in the comics?

If we do include Abigail Brand, is that who May's mother works for? The organization that survived?

Kathryn Leigh-Scott will be playing a character known as the Baroness. Any thoughts?

Taskmaster is possible, since he's a Spider-Man villain. He was on the cartoon, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Marvel and Disney have the movie/tv rights for Spider-Man :)

^

I'm reasonably sure (but not 100%) that Marvel has the Taskmaster rights and could've used him irrespective of the Spidey deal.

I've never thought of Taskmaster as a Spider-Man character. Debuted in Avengers #195.

Here is wikipedia:
The Taskmaster first appeared briefly in Avengers #195 (May 1980),[2] before making his full debut in Avengers #196 (June 1980). The character went onto appear as a supervillain and a villainous training instructor in Marvel Team-Up #103 (1981), Avengers vol.1 #223 (1982), Marvel Team-Up #146 (1984), The Thing #26 (1985), Iron Man vol.1 #254 (1990), Captain America vol. 1 #334, (1987), #394 (1991), #396 (1992), #403 (1992), Captain America Annual #11 (1992), The Amazing Spider-Man #366-367 (1992), Daredevil #292-293 (1991) #317-318 (1993), Sensational She-Hulk vol.1 #59 (1994), Elektra #5, #7 (1997), Hawkeye: Earth’s Mightiest Marksman #1 (1998), Avengers vol.3 #26 (2000), #38 (2001), Captain America vol.3 #44 (2001), Moon Knight vol.3 #3-6 (2006), Spider-Woman: Origin #2-3 (2006), Civil War #3, #5-7 (2006–2007), Marvel Comics Presents vol.2 #1-2 (2007), Siege: The Cabal #1 (2010), Siege #2-3 (2010), Captain America & Crossbones #1 (2011), Avengers Academy #9 (2011) and Daken: Dark Wolverine #12 (2011).

That's a very diverse group of appearances. Maybe the list isn't exhaustive, but that's only two issues for Spider-Man. I doubt he's a Spider-Man character. I even doubt Spider-Man could use him absent a Marvel deal.

Obviously, with their deal with Sony, the situation has changed in regards to them, but this was a list of characters whose right Marvel had sold away as of a while ago:

20th Century Fox

•Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

•X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip “Hank” McCoy, [Blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [Bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine “Kitty” Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert “Billy-Bob” Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [Silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan

•X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

Sony Pictures

•Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

Obviously, with their deal with Sony, the situation has changed in regards to them, but this was a list of characters whose right Marvel had sold away as of a while ago:

20th Century Fox

•Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

•X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip “Hank” McCoy, [Blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [Bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine “Kitty” Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert “Billy-Bob” Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [Silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan

•X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

Sony Pictures

•Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

There's a lot missing from that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"