Sailor Moon: Crystal

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Sailor Moon is returning with a new anime series!
The idol group Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha, and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Momoiro Clover Z made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series. The event also did not specify which song Momoiro Clover Z will perform as a theme song of the new anime.

Update 2: Kodansha editor Fumio Osano confirmed that the new anime project is not a film project. [Via Tadashi Sudo]

Update 3: Osano also emphasized that no details have been set for a hypothetical broadcast. However, the staff intends to release the new anime worldwide simultaneously. Source: Oricon

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

Ah, can't wait. Love Sailor Moon!

Good news. It's funny, i was going through some old boxes at my parents' house and I found some old Sailor Moon ultimate guide books(something like that. Like a guide to each sailor scout). I'm into it again. Maybe when this new anime comes out, they can rerelease some of the older ones on dvd/blu-ray. I have Sailor Moon S on dvd but none of the other seasons and a handful of season 1 on vhs and that's it. I want the rest at an affordable price.

I don't know how I feel about a new sailor moon anime! I remember watching it when I was kid and I don't know if this new anime could live up to that nostalgia. I cautiously excited. This does give me an excuse to find the sailor moon series and marathon it! :cwink:

I always loved the original theme song. hope they still used that.....lol

SM is one of my guilty pleasure animes since high school in the late 90s when i was watching it on Toonami back in 97 at 16 and had a crush on the girls especially Venus.

Nice to see a revamp.

Whoa so it seems as if they're remaking/re-adapting the manga.

The old one was pretty hilarious. The fanbase for this is huge seeing as the manga re release in North America has been in the #1 spot for months now since they started republishing them.

Wow, it is pretty exciting. I can say I grew up with Sailor Moon. Also, I think Naoko Takeuchi did great job with Sailor Moon. If you are a fan of Tekeuchi I certainly suggest her short movie called 'Orizuru' It supposed be only 12-14 min.

Sailor Moon: Crystal is comin in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we got our first official image!
sailor-moon-anime.png

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tal-anime-1st-image-story-intro-posted-online

Interesting. When I first learned about this, I thought the show would be drawn in a different style from the previous one. But, it looks like they're sticking pretty close.

Somewhat off topic, but if you haven't seen this...

[YT]MQ5ziNOtoMU[/YT]

I am incredibly excited for this. This might be the show/movie I'm most looking forward to in 2014.

I loved the original cartoon.

If they were real and I could date one of them, it would be Sailor Mercury.

I never really watched the old Sailor Moon anime when I was young, but I have to admit that I had a crush on Sailor Mars back then. :o

Knowing Toei, the week of. And they are airing new episodes bi-weekly which sucks.

Hulu to Stream Anime Classic ‘Sailor Moon’

Internet service adds episodes via pact with Viz Media, which has acquired exclusive North America rights to franchise from Toei Animation

Hulu has gotten its hands on iconic Japanese anime series “Sailor Moon,” bringing it back to U.S. audiences for the first time in almost a decade.

The Internet TV service will stream the first four episodes of “Sailor Moon” — uncut and remastered — starting Monday, May 19, through a deal with distribution company Viz Media, which acquired exclusive North American rights to the franchise from Tokyo-based Toei Animation Co.

Hulu will add two new episodes of the 200-episode series each subsequent Monday. Viz’s NeonAlley.com platform also will distribute the series via the Hulu and Hulu Plus video player. Initially, the “Sailor Moon” episodes will be subtitled.

On Hulu, “Sailor Moon” will join other anime titles available at hulu.com/anime, including select episodes and movies of “Pokemon,” “Naruto Shippuden,” “Bleach,” “Shonen Jump One Piece,” “Yu-Gi-Oh” and “Dragon Ball Z.”

The agreement between Viz and Toei encompasses the fifth season, “Sailor Stars,” which has been previously unavailable in North America, as well as the forthcoming “Sailor Moon Crystal.” In addition, Viz is acquiring rights to three “Sailor Moon” feature films and additional specials, which it plans to release on electronic sell-through platforms starting in the summer of 2014 with subtitles with dubbed editions set for late 2014. DVD and limited-edition Blu-ray/DVD combo packs are planned for fall 2014.

“We’re pleased to partner with Viz Media to bring the beloved ‘Sailor Moon’ anime series back to North America,” Masayuki Endo, g.m. of Toei Animation, said in a statement. “This fresh, uncut and uncensored release of ‘Sailor Moon,’ featuring the most accurate adaptation available, will be just as creator Naoko Takeuchi intended. We look forward to fans current and new discovering and falling in love with this classic series all over again.”

A worldwide phenomenon, “Sailor Moon” is inspired by the bestselling manga series created by Naoko Takeuchi. In the series, Usagi Tsukino (voiced in the series by Kotono Mitsuishi) is a clumsy but kindhearted teenage girl who transforms into the powerful guardian of love and justice: Sailor Moon. She meets allies along the way who share similar fates, and the team of planetary Sailor Guardians fight to protect the universe from forces of evil and total annihilation.

Hulu is a joint venture of Walt Disney Co., 21st Century Fox and Comcast’s NBCUniversal.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/hulu-to-stream-anime-classic-sailor-moon-1201184012/

Can we please get all the episodes, included the missing ones, uncensored and in English?

We will in time. They are announcing the VA in july.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"